[TC] Gaming Forums
LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt (/showthread.php?tid=21213)

LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Rocky7up - 2016-01-21 20:08

Dear fellow cruisers of City Driving,

I was thinking about screenshots/videos and a wild idea suddenly popped into my head....

To plan a massive gathering on a LFS server, to create a unique set of LFS Screenshots and make a video about it.

This idea will probably be a bit diffecult to work out, as it needs to be well orchastrated and people that want to attend will ofcourse need to be able to follow instructions and not mess about.

I'd like to make the following happen, to make a similar screenshot session (followed by a short videoclip of this massive group driving along together), to make it look a bit like this photo:
[Image: Bleekemolens-Race-Planet-Zandvoort_1329411.jpg]

Now for this, I'd like to use the Westhill circuit as it's start finish straight does well for such images as well as it can hold the maximum amount of cars on track!

I was hoping to receive your help and input for this idea as I guess it would be even a LFS record breaking project.

So I'd like to ask you:

1. Would you mind attending such a gathering?
2. Which dates would you be able to attend?
3. Around what time frame on those dates would you be able to attend? (16:00 UK time f.e.)
4. What car+skin would you like to use? (I'd need it in HighQuality)
5. Will you follow instructions and behave?

I'm looking forward to read your reactions and input on my wild idea and hope for it to be possible to do!

Interest tracker (will be updated once or twice a day):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WhC1FKqDofQcV3BiQNA9ls-d5cGYYtNlYuSoWSXcWkI/edit?usp=sharing

Best of regards,
Rocky7

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Adam - 2016-01-21 20:12

1. I would love to
2. Weekends
3. Noon - 6, 7 - 9 UK times
4. We could always use Gumball skins if people are willing to share, we could also use the real car skins from here: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2047
5. Yes i will

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Don - 2016-01-21 20:30

This sounds like a fun idea Rocky! Great you came up with something like this. I think it's a great way to spend some premium time with some great members!

I suggest comming up with some dates and times and make a Google Doc poll.

My idea is to make a survey with questions like what day is best suited for you and give them around 5 options, ask what time and 5 options and show them skins and let them vote for the best.

And I would love to help making a survey together Smile

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Yukine - 2016-01-21 20:37

It would be a great idea if any troublemaker (such as cruise troublemakers) would be left out.

2. Any.
3. After midday? Smile
4. Cruise skins* with road cars (mostly FR, TBO & LRF)!
5. If I get cookies, I'll not.

* Mostly plain skins, e.g.: https://www.flickr.com/photos/133836968@N06/23711772911/in/datetaken-public/

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Pete - 2016-01-21 21:12

Do it on Rockingham so that more people watch it? Besides, gaps between cars are more easily maintained on an oval.

Also, Gumball 2015 had 40 cars starting off in a parade and no one really did a video of that? We just had screenshots.

If you did it at Rockingham and you could control the crowd then I'd be up for it, certainly. I don't see much point doing it on any of the other tracks to be honest.

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Adam - 2016-01-21 21:18

I think the reason that the Gumball start didn't have many videos is because of the fact that most people in the start will have wanted to get on with winning the Gumball and they wouldn't have time to make a cool video. Also this events soul purpose would be to make cool screenies and make a cool video, so it makes sense.

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Pete - 2016-01-21 21:20

(2016-01-21 21:18)k_badam Wrote:  I think the reason that the Gumball start didn't have many videos is because of the fact that most people in the start will have wanted to get on with winning the Gumball and they wouldn't have time to make a cool video. Also this events soul purpose would be to make cool screenies and make a cool video, so it makes sense.

Doesn't stop them from making it after the event, when they have time.

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Adam - 2016-01-21 21:20

The Rockingham idea is good because it is much wider so it is much easier to get cars moved if they are in the wrong place.

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Borja - 2016-01-21 22:21

The problem of what you suggested ( which i like your idea ) , is that some ppl dont have s3 , so cant go to new track.

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - KaraK - 2016-01-21 22:55

(2016-01-21 22:21)Borja Wrote:  The problem of what you suggested ( which i like your idea ) , is that some ppl dont have s3 , so cant go to new track.

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=20890
This thread concluded that at least 48 people have the S3 license. Smile

Also, I'd be up for it, however it's rather hard for me to plan it, so I'll see how it turns out.

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Pete - 2016-01-22 02:20

(2016-01-21 22:21)Borja Wrote:  The problem of what you suggested ( which i like your idea ) , is that some ppl dont have s3 , so cant go to new track.

There are enough people with S3 for this to work. To be honest, if you're still committing time to LFS you should have S3 anyway.

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - MousemanLV - 2016-01-22 05:36

Nice, I would like to participate.

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Borja - 2016-01-22 07:17

(2016-01-22 02:20)Pete Wrote:  

There are enough people with S3 for this to work. To be honest, if you're still committing time to LFS you should have S3 anyway.

I have s3. So, in whatever track will be it, i will assist for this great idea Smile

1. Would you mind attending such a gathering? Ye Tongue
2. Which dates would you be able to attend? Every day, but have more time at weekend
3. Around what time frame on those dates would you be able to attend? (16:00 UK time f.e.) Every hour if i know with a bit of time early
4. What car+skin would you like to use? (I'd need it in HighQuality) FXo with my VW skin
5. Will you follow instructions and behave? Yes ofc

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Razz - 2016-01-22 10:25

This is a great idea!
1. Would you mind attending such a gathering? Sounds awesome, so wouldn't mind
2. Which dates would you be able to attend? Any date really
3. Around what time frame on those dates would you be able to attend? (16:00 UK time f.e.) If Mon-Friday (after 18:00 UK) Sat-Sun ( 17:00 onwards UK )
4. What car+skin would you like to use? (I'd need it in HighQuality) Own skins maybe?
5. Will you follow instructions and behave? Of course Smile

RE: LFS - Massive Screenshot Gathering Attempt - Kyle - 2016-01-22 20:21

1. I'd love to Smile
2. 23/01/2016, 05/02/2015 (from this date, every other week)
3. 11:00GMT-19:00GMT
4. FXO + Regular car kit (unless you have one for me to use?)
5. Yes of course