[TC] Gaming Forums
Looking for a job - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Looking for a job (/showthread.php?tid=21753)

Pages: 1 2

Looking for a job - Don - 2016-03-10 15:01

I NEED YOUR HELP!

Hello everyone,

So as of right now I am looking for a job until August 2017.
As I don't be wanna work in a conventional supermarket 5 minutes from my home.
I am looking for a challenge, something greater!

I am looking for a job in another country.

So now is my question, do you guys know any jobs near you?
Netherlands is my native language, maybe a school where they need a Dutch native?

Please help me out by thinking about jobs near you that might suit me.

I am looking for jobs anywhere but my preference would go to America.

I hope anyone has an idea, and if you do let me know!

RE: Looking for a job - Ehet - 2016-03-10 15:14

Did you consider "work and travel"?

RE: Looking for a job - KooKoo - 2016-03-10 15:17

Go to the Middle East.

RE: Looking for a job - Toni - 2016-03-10 16:19

Come to the city i live in, i dont know a job, but i got a spare room where you can live haha BiggrinD

RE: Looking for a job - Don - 2016-03-10 16:27

(2016-03-10 16:19)Toni Wrote:  Come to the city i live in, i dont know a job, but i got a spare room where you can live haha BiggrinD

It's a start Smile
Well you got any family or friends that maybe have there own company or Dutch lessons around your area?

(2016-03-10 15:17)KooKoo Wrote:  Go to the Middle East.

What kind of jobs you got there for me? Oil pumping? Washing cars?
But it might be a consideration Smile

Do they speak good English there?

RE: Looking for a job - Tingle - 2016-03-10 16:27

You won't get anything too exciting if you haven't completed your education yet. Perhaps something in the travel and tourism industry would be a good shout for you to make use of your bilingualism.

RE: Looking for a job - Don - 2016-03-10 16:28

Deleted

(2016-03-10 16:27)Tingle Wrote:  You won't get anything too exciting if you haven't completed your education yet. Perhaps something in the travel and tourism industry would be a good shout for you to make use of your bilingualism.

Yeah you know it's just a temporarily job so it can't be anything great.
But I am not a dumb kid tho Smile

RE: Looking for a job - Toni - 2016-03-10 17:14

(2016-03-10 16:27)Don Wrote:  Its a start Smile
Well you got any family or friends that maybe have there own company or Dutch lessons around your area?

None that i know of, which is a shame, and i dont know any person who has their own company, nor do i know of anyone who keeps Dutch lessons around here.

Its not easy to get a job here (Long term) without a degree from something, but its easy to try to find a Summer job (June-August) if you just know where to look for (small shops, City maintenance companies,) or the massive Strawberry farm not too far from here.

But, prepare for everything being damn expensive if you come here with small money lol.

RE: Looking for a job - Don - 2016-03-10 17:20

(2016-03-10 17:14)Toni Wrote:  
(2016-03-10 16:27)Don Wrote:  Its a start Smile

None that i know of, which is a shame, and i dont know any person who has their own company, nor do i know of anyone who keeps Dutch lessons around here.

Its not easy to get a job here (Long term) without a degree from something, but its easy to try to find a Summer job (June-August) if you just know where to look for (small shops, City maintenance companies,) or the massive Strawberry farm not too far from here.

But, prepare for everything being damn expensive if you come here with small money lol.

Alright thanks for that. Good advice Smile

I already actually applied for a job in Bulgaria.
But I wanna look further do Smile

RE: Looking for a job - Ehet - 2016-03-10 17:27

Yes, they speak english in the middle east very well, depinding on the country.
However, not sure if that is the best idea, since you are gay. (No offence)

RE: Looking for a job - Asas - 2016-03-10 17:29

(2016-03-10 16:27)Don Wrote:  What kind of jobs you got there for me? Oil pumping? Washing cars?
But it might be a consideration Smile

Best job can get you about 350$ a month, and you will work 10x harder than in Europe or USA.

(2016-03-10 16:27)Don Wrote:  Do they speak good English there?

Yeah, they can say; Hello, good morning, I love you(If you were a girl, you will actually hear this alot).

Everything else? no

RE: Looking for a job - Roba - 2016-03-10 17:34

Well, we need another truck driver, I recon you don't happen to own a valid combination truck license? Tongue

Can't really think of anything much around here.

RE: Looking for a job - Frozen - 2016-03-10 17:38

I do not understand what you're trying to achieve by doing this?

To improve your english language by having some random job in a random place in this world? I do not see how the outcome of that idea can be any positive unless you have a really high budget, a lot of connections and know surely a specific place where you want to go.

Applying randomly to a job in Bulgaria is like driving kamikaze in the highway, I would not recommend you to do this, however, its your decision after all.

Usually, the other countries look "perfect" when you dont live in them, once you do, you learn how dramatic and how much rules u have to fulfill in order to be even able to stay there.

I do not think its worth your effort, but my that's my opinion.

RE: Looking for a job - Don - 2016-03-10 17:50

(2016-03-10 17:34)Roba Wrote:  Well, we need another truck driver, I recon you don't happen to own a valid combination truck license? Tongue

Thanks for the tip! Sadly I don't indeed Sad
But thanks for the help! Appreciate it!

(2016-03-10 17:38)Frozen Wrote:  I do not understand what you're trying to achieve by doing this?

What I am trying to achieve is to earn some money and doing so having a great adventure. I am the kinda person that like to play it safe. If the crowd walks one way I walk the other way.
And I am not trying to improve my English. Don't know where that came from. Tongue

(2016-03-10 17:38)Frozen Wrote:  Applying randomly to a job in Bulgaria is like driving kamikaze in the highway, I would not recommend you to do this, however, its your decision after all.

It's not a random job it's a customer support job from a recruiting agency in The Netherlands. Also had contact with the recruitment agency.

(2016-03-10 17:38)Frozen Wrote:  Usually, the other countries look "perfect" when you dont live in them, once you do, you learn how dramatic and how much rules u have to fulfill in order to be even able to stay there.

If you are talking about Bulgaria here then the good thing is if I work for a job agency that means I can go home at any time.

But indeed I am kinda doing this without a full plan. But I will make it work one way or another Smile
Or maybe it won't work, but atleast I tried, and even then I have a few backup plans.

RE: Looking for a job - Jimmy - 2016-03-10 17:51

Go after your dream Smile

RE: Looking for a job - Morreboy - 2016-03-10 18:58

McDonald? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, what about being a delivery driver?

RE: Looking for a job - Nathan - 2016-03-10 19:30

Work in the supermarket..

RE: Looking for a job - Don - 2016-03-10 20:41

(2016-03-10 19:30)Nathan Wrote:  Work in the supermarket..

I do now but it's to boring for me. I want an advanture Smile

RE: Looking for a job - Blade3562 - 2016-03-11 02:31

Not every job is fun, especially when you aren't through with education. While I was in school I worked at a gas station for 3 years barely above minimum wage, as well as at a car dealership as a porter/detailer, for a construction company and even a fluid power shop employee just to make money to do the stuff I enjoy.

If you are passionate about a certain field, look for an internship. That's how I got my foot in the door with aviation. I applied for a high school/college internship with the city of cleveland in airport management. I got placed in Airport Operations at KBKL. When I graduated I was offered a full time job with the city of cleveland as an Airport Operations Agent I at KCLE and once I complete my probabtion will be promoted to an Airport Operations Agent II back at KBKL or I can stay at KCLE. (But I prefer KBKL)

However there are other options. Look at rental car facilites (being bi-lingual is a huge plus), maybe find a small company in your area and ask if they would be willing to let you shadow or work as an administrative assistant for little to no income at first, car dealerships, flight attendants, audio video stores, car stereo install places, manufacturing, or if you're lucky maybe even a skilled apprenticeship.

If you are really passionate and can find a backer maybe start your own detail company. Two of my friends run their own. One of them currently details ferraris, lambos, even one of the local P1s. He, his brother and myself plan to open up a shop once we save up enough cash.

The path to success isn't some smooth paved road, its the one you have to build and travel yourself. None of us can just magically make things happen for you.

RE: Looking for a job - Warped - 2016-03-11 09:09

Well, go to school and get a proper job then. You won't get a good job without a degree.