[TC] Gaming Forums
TCLights v2.4 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: TCLights v2.4 (Siren/Strobe Program) (/showthread.php?tid=21932)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - sezski - 2016-03-27 18:17

(2016-03-27 18:05)Makee Wrote:  Any idea why the horn does not stay on when i press page up?

The first time I ran it, it happened to me. Check to make sure your engine is on, if that fails then restart LFS and TC Lights, then try it. It worked for me after that.

Scratch that (my previous post about lights), just read a previous post stating that he removed it as it wasn't needed. Is there any third party program I can use that anyone knows about?

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Ph4nToM - 2016-03-27 18:57

I just updated my LFS and tried everything out and it seems to be working great. Being able to do all that on one button is neat.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Borja - 2016-03-27 22:29

Type of PC (PC, Laptop etc) : PC
Make/model of PC (if not custom built) :
PC hardware specifications: i5 4450 , 8gb ram , r7 260x
Windows version, including 32/64bit: Win10 64
What controller you use: G27
How you're turning on TCLights(keyboard/profiler setting etc): Keyboard
What other programs, if any, you are using that communicates with LFS: Any
What, if any, profilers/macro key software do you have installed. Include controller, keyboard & mouse profilers, also things like autohotkey: Gaming profiler

The problem is that when i turn on the program , the antivitus Avast scan it and auto close. I cant end this bucle , only if turn off the antivirus. I dont have the game at C

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Frozen - 2016-03-27 22:52

(2016-03-27 22:29)Borja Wrote:  The problem is that when i turn on the program , the antivitus Avast scan it and auto close. I cant end this bucle , only if turn off the antivirus. I dont have the game at C

You can exclude a program from being scanned.

https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB168

That way avast will stop closing TCLights, even if I cannot see any valid reason for Avast to do it, that may sort your issue.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Borja - 2016-03-27 23:37

(2016-03-27 22:52)Frozen Wrote:  You can exclude a program from being scanned.

Done ! Its fixed now , thanks Smile

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Mr. NB - 2016-03-28 00:14

Works fine here, great job!

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2016-03-28 22:13

v2.0.2 Released

Various fixes, should hopefully solve most of the disconnection issues.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - mogey5101 - 2016-03-29 01:07

Any way to bind a key to press page up within LFS?

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Pete - 2016-03-29 02:59

(2016-03-29 01:07)mogey5101 Wrote:  Any way to bind a key to press page up within LFS?

Not currently.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - sezski - 2016-03-29 10:48

(2016-03-29 02:59)Pete Wrote:  
(2016-03-29 01:07)mogey5101 Wrote:  Any way to bind a key to press page up within LFS?

Not currently.

There isn't a way to bind them in LFS but if you have a Wheel that comes with a Profiler, then you can. I use Logitech which comes with a Profiler so I made this quickly for you.
http://imgur.com/a/432AE
*Start from the bottom up*

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Barney - 2016-03-29 14:16

For the small chance that anyone else comes across this: With autoit(guess autohotkey aswell) it was not possible(for me) to disable horn and lights with
Code:
    Send("{PGUP}")
    Sleep(10)
    Send("{PGUP}")
    Sleep(10)
    Send("{PGDN)")
while i tried a sleep from 0 to 150. The keypresses are somehow too short to be rocgnized by TC-Lights, it just notices every second press then. so you need a longer signal to be sent:
Code:
    Send("{PGUP DOWN}")
    Sleep(10)
    Send("{PGUP UP}")
    Sleep(10)
    Send("{PGUP DOWN}")
    Sleep(10)
    Send("{PGUP UP}")
    Sleep(10)
    Send("{PGDN DOWN}")
    Sleep(10)
    Send("{PGDN UP}")
    Sleep(10)

-Are there paramters for the break inbetween a "Double-tap" and a "Double (tap then long press)"?

-Is it intended that when u are on slow(wail) and hit a double(short -> long) that the first tap switches to fast(yelp), and the long press adds horn5(piercer)?

Cuz I/we to switch back to slow(wail) manually after the piercer gets shut down after 5 sec. The piercer in combination with slow is imho more suited than wail and piercer together. Or r we supposed to use it like that?

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Yukine - 2016-03-29 23:28

Just a question, or more a request, actually.

If there a way you could implant an option, or something else, to include the horn 5 in the loop?

Thanks per advance.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Pete - 2016-03-30 00:35

(2016-03-29 23:28)Yukine Wrote:  Just a question, or more a request, actually.

If there a way you could implant an option, or something else, to include the horn 5 in the loop?

Thanks per advance.

You can use horn 5 by doing a single tap then a hold with PGUP.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Yukine - 2016-03-30 01:19

Thank you, Pete.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2016-03-30 07:22

(2016-03-29 14:16)Barney Wrote:  With autoit(guess autohotkey aswell) it was not possible(for me) to disable horn and lights with
[...] while i tried a sleep from 0 to 150. The keypresses are somehow too short to be rocgnized by TC-Lights, it just notices every second press then. so you need a longer signal to be sent: [...]

TCLights is designed to be reliably used by a human. Therefore it takes into account the guarantees provided - or, more accurately, explicitly not provided - by the Windows API. It also takes one or two assumptions based on a humans' ability to press keys.

1) Instantaneous key-presses are NOT guaranteed to to be detectable (and haven't been for over 20 years), as it's possible for other programs to check, and therefore reset, the "has this key been pressed?" status before you do. I suspect this was the cause for a few of the problems some people were having with TCLights 0.6.

2) The various sleep functions are NOT guaranteed to wake up exactly when requested. For example, the simple Sleep command (which I'm not using btw) usually has a minimum sleep of something like 13.6ms (I forget exactly, but it's around there). Even with more high-precision sleep functions, blocking hardware IO can very easily cause sleeps to last a few ms longer than requested and so can a busy CPU (we are playing a CPU intensive game after all).

TCLights runs on a 10ms loop. There are two main reasons for this - minimal CPU usage (again, CPU intensive game) and in my experience that's plenty long enough to detect a physical key-press (a very quick tap on my keyboard lasts 50~70ms, I know some kinds switches can be as long as 100 or so).

(2016-03-29 14:16)Barney Wrote:  -Are there paramters for the break inbetween a "Double-tap" and a "Double (tap then long press)"?

I suppose the minimum is >10ms, though a couple of ticks worth is probably safe. Max is currently 180ms IIRC, but that's subject to change a little.

(2016-03-29 14:16)Barney Wrote:  -Is it intended that when u are on slow(wail) and hit a double(short -> long) that the first tap switches to fast(yelp), and the long press adds horn5(piercer)?

Cuz I/we to switch back to slow(wail) manually after the piercer gets shut down after 5 sec. The piercer in combination with slow is imho more suited than wail and piercer together. Or r we supposed to use it like that?

It changes siren immediately after the first press ends, because it has no way of knowing if you'll be pressing the key again until you do.

A couple of things to note with the piercer:

The *maximum* amount of time it can be on for is 5s, however in the vast majority of cases it should be less than that. If you turn it off manually (which you usually should), the siren will revert to whatever it was on before.

Also, again in the vast majority of cases, you should probably already be in yelp(fast) mode before you decide to use the piercer as there'll already be plenty of traffic around or you're approaching a junction etc - in that situation, the siren would change to wail(slow) just before the piercer is activated.

(2016-03-29 14:16)Barney Wrote:  A little OT: the new LFS-patch is now casesensitive.:
Send("T{!}rb 1{ENTER}") wont work anymore! Has to be Send("t{!}rb 1{ENTER}"). Had some really strange results and took a while to figure...

I vaguely remember something about that being mentioned in the test patch thread - probably something to do with the new virtual/on-screen keyboard.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Owl - 2016-03-30 15:33

Type of PC (PC, Laptop etc): PC
•Make/model of PC (if not custom built): Custom Built
•PC hardware specifications: i5-4690k, R9 390, 8GB 1866MHz
•Windows version, including 32/64bit: 64-bit
•What controller you use: G27
•How you're turning on TCLights(keyboard/profiler setting etc): Keyboard
•What other programs, if any, you are using that communicates with LFS: None
•What, if any, profilers/macro key software do you have installed. Include controller, keyboard & mouse profilers, also things like autohotkey. : Logitech Gaming Profiler

It says it cant connect to lfs

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2016-03-30 15:37

(2016-03-30 15:33)Skoda Wrote:  It says it cant connect to lfs

(2016-03-27 04:11)Elmo Wrote:  A screenshot of the TCLights window is usually helpful.

If TCLights can't connect, please include the contents of your "lfs/data/script/autoexec.lfs" file.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Owl - 2016-03-30 15:44

Oopsie:
autoexec.lfs Wrote:// This script is run when LFS reaches the main entry screen
// You can use it for initialisations, running scripts, etc.

/insim 29999

[Image: 6fMMUAd.png]

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2016-03-30 16:20

Does "Insim : port 29999" show in chat when you start LFS?
Is a firewall/antivirus blocking it? (I see AVG is there, check the windows ones as well)
Have you tried starting LFS directly from LFS.exe?

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Owl - 2016-03-30 17:23

In order:
Yes
No
Yes