[TC] Gaming Forums
TCLights v2.4 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: TCLights v2.4 (Siren/Strobe Program) (/showthread.php?tid=21932)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2016-06-22 21:49

Shouldn't matter to TCLights if there's a host password set - as long as it's in the correct LFS directory, it'll pick it up if there is one.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Owl - 2016-06-22 22:03

(2016-06-22 21:49)Elmo Wrote:  Shouldn't matter to TCLights if there's a host password set - as long as it's in the correct LFS directory, it'll pick it up if there is one.

The host password looks like it affects the insim password since my TCLights didnt work until I removed that password!

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - nicotin - 2016-07-11 12:17

Quote:I get the error when I try to turn on TCLights. Lfs says:
InSim - TCP : bind failed
InSim : not initialised
I don't use any external programs that can affect insim port. I use g27 and os is win10.

Found the fix, I needed to go to cfg and change Game IP to 127.0.0.1

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Otava - 2016-09-01 17:49

[Image: 1a6c2d5e373aea1236051ab2b4a9a2f1.png]
This has only happened with a Superbug gauge for FSX.
Translate : Virus prevented
What to do?
Automatic (recommended)
I want to choose:
Isolate files

[Help][<<<Hide][OK]
File: TCLights.exe
Type:Virus
Name: ...
More information

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Adorable - 2016-09-01 18:46

Is it possible that TCLights automatically closes itself after closing LFS?

It causes an InSim bind error when closing the game / reopening.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2016-09-01 18:50

Otava: Just another false positive, that'll happen quite a bit for this kind of program I expect.

AD: Unfortunately, TCLights doesn't seem to get any useful notification when the connection is closed by LFS. I'll investigate at some point, but it may just be something to do with the sockets library I'm using so could be a big job.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - KooKoo - 2016-09-02 03:35

Can we let TC lights trigger the headlights (3) and the hazard lights (9)?

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - sezski - 2016-09-02 09:49

KooKoo, I think that involves the backspace key because if you remember the older version of TC Lights and LFS Strobe, you could use the headlights (3), left indicator (7), right indicator (8) and hazard (9) so I think not, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong, I can't help that but I don't think so.

Something that'd be cool would be to add a customisation menu (of a sort) like LFS Strobe to add our own flash.. little suggestion there for you Elmo Wink

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Kyle - 2016-09-02 19:20

DJmad, you are indeed correct.
KooKoo, it's no longer required and also basically what DJmad said! Smile

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Dale - 2016-09-04 17:57

ive got Bitdefender and i cant use TCLights.... cant extract or anything, tried making my antivirus say its safe, but its not having it

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Otava - 2016-09-04 17:58

Lyrinx is there any option like "Leave a file/folder from scanning"? F-Secure has one.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Kyle - 2016-09-04 18:04

Or just don't use BitDefender XD

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Dale - 2016-09-04 19:02

No there isnt a option for that, and jack im not going to Stop using it becasue if you do research you'll find its the best antivirus you can get, but they do have slight problems

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2016-09-05 18:36

It is possible to have it operate the hazard lights, but it's not really necessary. I know some people still like that option, so I will probably add it as an option eventually.

TCLights will never operate the indicators as part of a pattern, because it's confusing to other drivers - this is why it's strongly discouraged in the rules.
In fact, that's part of the reason why hazards are no-longer required with a strobe program - it is really helpful if cops and especially TOW/MED/RES actually use indicators to let other cars know what you're doing.

Custom patterns are basically pointless, because if it's not synced with the server, noone else will be able to see it properly. You're basically limited to 1 or 2Hz*.
Currently, the speed is linked to the type of siren active.

* Some servers can work with 2.5/3, but only if the server packet rate is set to 5/6 respectively. 1 or 2Hz is safe for all servers.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - sezski - 2016-10-02 07:30

You should put add an auto siren/strobe so when you !chase, then they turn on and when the suspect stops and the menu pops up, siren off strobe still on and after fine/warning all off and in a chase !lost, all off and after a chase all off.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Brad - 2016-10-02 08:01

(2016-09-04 17:57)Lyrinx Wrote:  ive got Bitdefender and i cant use TCLights.... cant extract or anything, tried making my antivirus say its safe, but its not having it

Same, I just have to temporarily disable "on-access scanning", open it, and then turn the option back on.

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Quattro10V - 2016-10-10 16:47

Trying to connect to localhost:29999
LFS Host Version: 0.6N S3, InSim Version: 7 -

currently receiving this error / log - Not connecting, but failing to tell me it's failed. Had this issue before and simply game restart has done the trick; not in this case. On an old LFS driver as other one screwed me over yet again.. Don't think it's made a difference?? INSIM port is still 29999 - reinstalled TC Lights from fresh download. All should work. Anything to check or any suggestions?

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Kyle - 2016-10-10 17:43

I believe this issue has been fixed for Quat Smile

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Pinkz - 2017-03-01 20:24

I had a problem that nothing wanted to make a connection with LFS {e.g. LFS Lazy, TC Lights} .I posted my problem earlier but had no effective solutions. For me the solution was to go to Multiplayer>Start new host in LFS and delete anything in the ip address and port region. Now everything works amazingly, hope this helps .

RE: TCLights v2.0 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Yukine - 2018-05-06 10:03

Noticed something, as a civilian if I quick press the horn (as if I activated the siren) I gain access to horn 4 and 5.

Win 7, 64. Happens every time on G27 (profiler bind), Razer gamepad and keyboard itself.