[TC] Gaming Forums
TCLights v2.4 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: TCLights v2.4 (Siren/Strobe Program) (/showthread.php?tid=21932)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Petsu - 2019-08-02 13:14

Xpadder works for that i guess

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2019-08-02 15:04

You should be able to map your Xbox controller buttons to TC Lights, if that helps.
I deliberately didn't allow Ctrl (and shift etc) to be mapped, because it causes TC Lights functions to be triggered unintentionally when using the LFS Ctrl commands.

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Demis - 2019-09-28 11:43

Hi guys do you know how to change the combination of lights?

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Ghutra - 2019-11-19 07:04

First of all, amazing work!.

But would it be possible to add a new siren cycle the same as W>Y>P Cycle + Bullhorn but have the Piercer be in a constant loop instead of 5 secs?. Or maybe an option to change if the user wants a constant loop or a 5 sec duration (if it is doable)?.

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Josh - 2019-11-19 11:11

(2019-11-19 07:04)Ghutra Wrote:  First of all, amazing work!.

But would it be possible to add a new siren cycle the same as W>Y>P Cycle + Bullhorn but have the Piercer be in a constant loop instead of 5 secs?. Or maybe an option to change if the user wants a constant loop or a 5 sec duration (if it is doable)?.

I’d really like this as well however I think the reason Elmo designed it this way was because the piercer is only to be used for a max of 5 seconds in dangerous situations rather than constantly.

As a side suggestion I’d like to see buttons added for the /siren commands.

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Moonlight.Neko - 2020-06-22 20:05

For those that use button boxes or apps that are macros, can we get the sirens to be bindable? For each tone. Like able to assign buttons to them in the config. And still have it flash faster on Yelp and still have it only like 5 seconds on Pierce tone. Also able to change that name as I use hi-lo on h5. So want to be able to name the tones in config also.

Thanks!

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Latvian Video - 2021-10-19 17:01

Hey, I have discovered a bug, I would suggest to remove the function, which adds /insim 29999 to autoexec.lfs, because it bugs out LFS, and all apps which want to use it, cant. It shows
InSim - TCP : bind failed
InSim : not initialised
When I launch LFS, or type /insim 29999. The only other app which uses insim is LfsLazy [Image: unknown.png]

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2021-10-20 11:45

(2021-10-19 17:01)Latvian Video Wrote:  Hey, I have discovered a bug, I would suggest to remove the function, which adds /insim 29999 to autoexec.lfs, because it bugs out LFS, and all apps which want to use it, cant. It shows
When I launch LFS, or type /insim 29999. The only other app which uses insim is LfsLazy[/img]

Having /insim <port> in the autoexec file shouldn't prevent any other apps using InSim as long as they all use that same port and aren't doing anything strange themselves. If you want to use a different port, just change the port in the /insim command in autoexec and TC Lights will use that port instead.
This is a very common way of setting the InSim port automatically and you should never need to use the /insim command manually once everything is set up.

From your screenshot, it looks like TC Lights managed to connect to LFS OK.
Does everything work after closing LFS + TC Lights + Lazy? Some people seem to have to do this after the first run.

Lazy seems to be a common denominator of problems and I know it does several things strangely/differently to other InSim apps, though many people have no problem running both.
Several people above have said that it works fine if Lazy is not already running when LFS/TC Lights starts. I've never used Lazy, so I'm not sure how it works at startup.

I am aware of some situations where TC Lights can cause the "Bind Failed" message once it's lost connection, although closing/restarting TC Lights should always fix it. I am currently working on a new version using a new connection system, which will prevent this.

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Latvian Video - 2021-10-30 12:57

(2021-10-20 11:45)Elmo Wrote:  
(2021-10-19 17:01)Latvian Video Wrote:  Hey, I have discovered a bug, I would suggest to remove the function, which adds /insim 29999 to autoexec.lfs, because it bugs out LFS, and all apps which want to use it, cant. It shows
When I launch LFS, or type /insim 29999. The only other app which uses insim is LfsLazy[/img]

Having /insim <port> in the autoexec file shouldn't prevent any other apps using InSim as long as they all use that same port and aren't doing anything strange themselves. If you want to use a different port, just change the port in the /insim command in autoexec and TC Lights will use that port instead.
This is a very common way of setting the InSim port automatically and you should never need to use the /insim command manually once everything is set up.

From your screenshot, it looks like TC Lights managed to connect to LFS OK.
Does everything work after closing LFS + TC Lights + Lazy? Some people seem to have to do this after the first run.

Lazy seems to be a common denominator of problems and I know it does several things strangely/differently to other InSim apps, though many people have no problem running both.
Several people above have said that it works fine if Lazy is not already running when LFS/TC Lights starts. I've never used Lazy, so I'm not sure how it works at startup.

I am aware of some situations where TC Lights can cause the "Bind Failed" message once it's lost connection, although closing/restarting TC Lights should always fix it. I am currently working on a new version using a new connection system, which will prevent this.

I have set LfsLazy to launch with LFS, so that might be a part of the problem. But when /insim <port> isnt in autoexec.lfs, it works without any errors.

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2021-10-30 14:46

What's in the start_LFSLazy script?

Edit:
If there's an /insim 29999 line in start_LFSLazy.lfs, delete it from there and add it above the /run start_LFSLazy line in autoexec.lfs

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Latvian Video - 2021-10-30 19:50

(2021-10-30 14:46)Elmo Wrote:  What's in the start_LFSLazy script?

Edit:
If there's an /insim 29999 line in start_LFSLazy.lfs, delete it from there and add it above the /run start_LFSLazy line in autoexec.lfs

This worked, thank you

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Cyanide Christ - 2021-12-16 14:22

I have an issue where I try to add binds for headlights etc. but the menu says "Please release all keys & buttons" and I can't bind anything, and afaik I'm not pressing any buttons or anything.

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Grizz - 2021-12-16 14:52

(2021-12-16 14:22)Cyanide Christ Wrote:  I have an issue where I try to add binds for headlights etc. but the menu says "Please release all keys & buttons" and I can't bind anything, and afaik I'm not pressing any buttons or anything.

You're opening TCLights as administrator? If you weren't, try it.

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - bowler - 2021-12-16 15:00

(2021-12-16 14:52)Grizz Wrote:  
(2021-12-16 14:22)Cyanide Christ Wrote:  I have an issue where I try to add binds for headlights etc. but the menu says "Please release all keys & buttons" and I can't bind anything, and afaik I'm not pressing any buttons or anything.

think he means ingame grizz not the application

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Cyanide Christ - 2021-12-16 15:28

(2021-12-16 14:52)Grizz Wrote:  

Feel so stupid because I didn't try running it as admin Biggrin
But it sure was the fix, tyvm.

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2021-12-16 18:50

For reference, you should never normally need to run LFS or TC Lights (or most things) as administrator.
I guess there might be some strange driver/controller software issue causing this (maybe something else is running as admin that shouldn't be?)

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Grizz - 2021-12-16 19:11

Maybe he was opening LFS as administrator. If LFS be opened as administrator, all other third-party apps (InSim) should be too.

RE: TCLights v2.2 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Cyanide Christ - 2021-12-16 20:12

Afaik I'm not running LFS as admin, or stleast I don't get the prompt when I start LFS

RE: TCLights v2.3 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2022-04-16 15:37

New version 2.3

Changelog:

--- changes since v2.2 ---

New Network Stack & Timer Workaround

Now using a more modern network stack that isn't 20 years old.
Supports HTTPS version check

Workaround for undocumented timer behaviour from Windows 10 2004, which caused flashing to be too slow (and probably other things).

Changed to 64bit for various reasons. If you're still running 32bit Windows for some reason (why?) let me know.

Connection Improvements & Refresh Controllers

Will now attempt to reconnect to LFS when connection is lost - no need to restart TC Lights when restarting LFS etc
Less spammy with known connection-based errors. Will display the first one, then shut up.

New "Refresh Controllers" button on the Main Config screen - allows newly plugged in controllers to be used without restarting TC Lights.

Re-applies previous headlights state when exiting pits

Message shown in-game when a new version is available (easy to miss the message on the console if not blacklisted).

RE: TCLights v2.3 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Matt - 2022-07-07 19:58

(2020-06-22 20:05)Moonlight.Neko Wrote:  For those that use button boxes or apps that are macros, can we get the sirens to be bindable? For each tone. Like able to assign buttons to them in the config. And still have it flash faster on Yelp and still have it only like 5 seconds on Pierce tone. Also able to change that name as I use hi-lo on h5. So want to be able to name the tones in config also.

Thanks!

+1 for this - definitely haven't just bought everything to make a button box.