[TC] Gaming Forums
Play a sound when a specific string is added to the chatlog - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Help Requests & Technical Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Play a sound when a specific string is added to the chatlog (/showthread.php?tid=22186)

Play a sound when a specific string is added to the chatlog - Wouter - 2016-04-22 14:32

Hello,

It is possible to play a sound when a message with a specic string (my name) is added to the logfile of the chat (my logfile's name is msg.txt)?
I want to make a program to do it. I prefer C#, but C and C++ is also possible.

Thanks in advance!

Regards, [CSR] Wouter

(i hope this is posted in the right section)

RE: Play a sound when a specific string is added to the chatlog - BP - 2016-04-22 15:30

Are you asking how it's done or are you suggesting it is added as a feature on the CityDriving servers?
Judging by what you've written, it's just something you want for yourself. If so, I'll move the thread.

EDIT: In light of your reply in post #4, this has been moved to Help Requests & Technical Support.

RE: Play a sound when a specific string is added to the chatlog - Chuck - 2016-04-22 15:44

You know how to code and just need some tips or what?

RE: Play a sound when a specific string is added to the chatlog - Wouter - 2016-04-22 16:12

Thanks for the reply's!

I know a little bit (enough) how to code, but i don't know how to perform an action when a string is added to a .txt-file. So i need some help with that.

It's something for myself.

Regards, [CSR] Wouter

RE: Play a sound when a specific string is added to the chatlog - Wouter - 2016-04-25 13:04

There is a new version of this thread: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=22209.

To te moderators: this thread may be closed if it's needed.

RE: Play a sound when a specific string is added to the chatlog - Connor - 2016-04-27 13:19

Thread Closed due to above reason.