[TC] Gaming Forums
Insim Apps - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: Insim Apps (/showthread.php?tid=22646)

Insim Apps - Tezz - 2016-06-09 14:58

Hello,

I've starting facing a problem with any insim applications such as LFSlazy and the new strobe system.
I will do the normal procedure and type /insim=29999 and the whole admin password correctly, even with numerous attempts but for some unknown reason, every single time I try to connect I get this error message.

InSim - TCP : did not receive InSimInit packet

This is really getting beyond frustrating because I've never had any problems like this in the past. This just started happening all too randomly and now it's getting to the point were I just don't even want to play this game anymore.

Any help would be really appreciated,
Thanks.

RE: Insim Apps - Chuck - 2016-06-10 05:38

Smells like you're starting the apps before opening the insim port in-game. Which is the wrong order.

RE: Insim Apps - Carl - 2016-06-10 05:47

(2016-06-10 05:38)Chuck Wrote:  Smells like you're starting the apps before opening the insim port in-game. Which is the wrong order.

This.

If I remember correctly the old TC lights allowed you to start it up before the game was running. I had problems with the new one at first. I simply close all applications, opened LFS and opening the background programs and it worked.

I know you're talking about Lazy, but they have similar principles. I would try reinstalling also.

RE: Insim Apps - Pete - 2016-06-10 12:44

Add this line to LFS/data/script/autoexec.lfs:

Code:
/insim 29999

You should have no issue after that. Let us know.

RE: Insim Apps - Tezz - 2016-06-10 13:28

I've tried reinstalling both LFSlazy and Live For Speed itself. Even when I typed /insim=29999 I still get the exact error message as shown above.

I was told to check my firewall settings and can confirm that any application involved with Live For Speed has been set to allowed. I can't see what is stopping any of these apps from connecting. Sad

RE: Insim Apps - Pete - 2016-06-10 13:56

(2016-06-10 13:28)Tezz Wrote:  I've tried reinstalling both LFSlazy and Live For Speed itself. Even when I typed /insim=29999 I still get the exact error message as shown above.

I was told to check my firewall settings and can confirm that any application involved with Live For Speed has been set to allowed. I can't see what is stopping any of these apps from connecting. Sad

Did you try what I wrote?

RE: Insim Apps - Tezz - 2016-06-10 13:58

Yup, I did that. Just bypasses typing it in manually. But still no luck unfortunately :/

RE: Insim Apps - Tingle - 2016-06-10 14:01

(2016-06-10 13:28)Tezz Wrote:  I've tried reinstalling both LFSlazy and Live For Speed itself. Even when I typed /insim=29999 I still get the exact error message as shown above.

Have you tried to temporarily disable your firewall completely and then try running the applications? You've probably adjusted your firewall correctly, but this will provide you with clarity.

RE: Insim Apps - Tezz - 2016-06-10 14:03

Quote:Have you tried to temporarily disable your firewall completely and then try running the applications? You've probably adjusted your firewall correctly, but this will provide you with clarity.

Yeah, I tried this already. Yet still nothing.

RE: Insim Apps - Chuck - 2016-06-10 14:07

I still believe you're starting the programs in the wrong order...

RE: Insim Apps - Tezz - 2016-06-10 14:12

I can assure you I'm doing it in the correct order.

Start LFS - Type /insim=29999 - Open LFSlazy.

Doesn't receive the insim packet or something like that. :/

RE: Insim Apps - Chuck - 2016-06-10 15:11

There could be another cause in case you have, maybe unconsciously, set an admin password, or the wrong one.
Mind sending me your "cfg.txt" file?

RE: Insim Apps - Owl - 2016-06-10 16:44

Is LFS Lazy the latest version? And is your LFS the right version?

RE: Insim Apps - Tezz - 2016-06-11 19:43

Sure Chuck, one second. And I'm on Live For Speed version 0.06P. It is compatible, right? And I've reinstalled Lazy too.