[TC] Gaming Forums
New winch tool - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: New winch tool (/showthread.php?tid=23390)

Pages: 1 2

New winch tool - Jacob - 2016-08-05 18:45

Hello everyone,

i got an idea how to get TOWs/MEDs/RESs paid for their work. I think that the new "winch tool" takes away the whole towing work (the fun) so if the player who wants to be towed quickly should pay a price of using the winch tool on him to TOW/MED/RES. Actualy this work is not often so succes and funny so if there is no way how to flip the car, he can pay for immediate flip to the TOW/MED/RES.

So there is a call > TOW/MED/RES arives on scene > asking flipped car if he wants to be fliped by Winch tool > YES = pay some amout of money (2nd part to discuss) > Winch tool used

I personaly don´t do TOW/MED/RES work, but i see this as a good use for these jobs cuz they have to buy the winch tool themselfs so those money can return to them by getting paid for using it.

RE: New winch tool - Russ - 2016-08-05 18:48

Thats actually quite a good idea, if people are in a rush they can choose to pay for you to use winch on them. If they don't want to pay they'll just get tow'd old skool way.

RE: New winch tool - Deaky - 2016-08-05 18:51

+1

RE: New winch tool - Adrian - 2016-08-05 18:57

Good idea, +1

RE: New winch tool - Carl - 2016-08-05 19:06

Great idea, please do this! Then towing cars will still be like it used to be and it opens up an option for TOWs to make a bit of money.

RE: New winch tool - Chuck - 2016-08-05 19:34

I think simply paying is not the right way. The tow has less work but gets paid better. That does not seem logical.

I understand that this new feature has changed the gameplay and I'm certainly not against changes, but this idea is just as wrong as it is now. Just to the opposite side.

RE: New winch tool - Adam - 2016-08-05 19:37

Maybe The pay should go to things like Gumball or Gumball 24hrs. Maybe even other TC events

RE: New winch tool - Jacob - 2016-08-05 19:40

(2016-08-05 19:34)Chuck Wrote:  I think simply paying is not the right way. The tow has less work but gets paid better. That does not seem logical.

I understand that this new feature has changed the gameplay and I'm certainly not against changes, but this idea is just as wrong as it is now. Just to the opposite side.

Then give the winch to every TOW/MED/RES without paying. by this way they can get those 10k back and maybe more.

RE: New winch tool - BP - 2016-08-05 19:46

You can still pre-arrange payments y'know.

RE: New winch tool - Brixton - 2016-08-05 19:46

I think pay for winch is not the right way for it.

I think it would be better if the using of winch is restricted. So a rule for the TOW´s and MED´s etc. can be, that they only allowed to whinch someone if he is realy stuck or it used many time to get him back to the wheels.

Or another (maybe additional) idea is to get a whinch limit to every TOW. Like the free pits. A TOW can only use the whinch one time every (don´t know) 30 min.

So the gameplay don´t change a lot, but if you realy need the winch you can use it.[/align]

RE: New winch tool - Adorable - 2016-08-05 19:52

(2016-08-05 19:34)Chuck Wrote:  The tow has less work but gets paid better.

That's how it is nowadays, we paid 10k for the tool, In real life farmers buy machines that makes everything easier.(eg truck-tors etc) Winch for TOWs is a cool feature, I rarely TOW in the past, now as long as I'm driving my XRG saving €€ I always wear my tag and help others.

RE: New winch tool - Dizzle - 2016-08-06 00:00

I feel like you can do this yourself....

It can be your choice to charge a certain amount for instant flip or charge a price for the old school way. I cant think of a problem with this without adding something to the insim. Any TC correct me if I am wrong?

RE: New winch tool - Jacob - 2016-08-06 01:15

You maybe got this wrong. I mean that you will allow to TOW/RES/MED to demand from fliped car an amount of money for using this tool as the only paid thing of these jobs (cuz let say it straight..who pays to TOW/RES/MED for their help...everybody just say "ty"). So he will ask him if he wants to be flipped without any crashing and if the flipped car agree, he has to pay. There is no need to add something into the insim...the winch is already there so just put there a rule that usage of winch tool costs the towed car some money which would be required by TO/MED/RES (lets say for now max 100 euros). The money have to be sent before using it...if the TOW/MED/RES use winch before payment = his bad and he can get nothing. This is just about to let them to take some money from that. Yea these jobs can ask for money and it is voluntary to donate - but using a winch should be payed - 10k buying price, everytime he needs to go to the pits to recharge (idk how long but if it recharges as long as speedtrap, then he loses money which could be earned by driving). Just an idea.

RE: New winch tool - Kiwie - 2016-08-06 11:17

Great idea lacob! +1

RE: New winch tool - Dino - 2016-08-06 11:40

The money must not neccessarily go to the TOW/MED/RES.

But what about if - when you are on your back - either decide to
a) get towed "normally" and pay maybe little refund to the TOW/MED/RES or
b) get "winched" for 250€, while the money goes like 200€ to "nowhere" and 50€ to the TOW/MED/RES?

According to b), if you shift+p you have to pay 500€ which vanishes too if you don't have free pit yet.

RE: New winch tool - Chuck - 2016-08-06 12:01

The problems I see: You know how it usually goes, someone calls tow, a minute later you have a tow and 2 meds on scene. Someone starts towing instantly the "old" way, the others start negotiating and discussing, and it all turns into a big mess.

RE: New winch tool - Jacob - 2016-08-06 12:14

(2016-08-06 12:01)Chuck Wrote:  The problems I see: You know how it usually goes, someone calls tow, a minute later you have a tow and 2 meds on scene. Someone starts towing instantly the "old" way, the others start negotiating and discussing, and it all turns into a big mess.

Yes it went to my mind too. The only way how to prevent chaos is to add rules as it is in chases - TOW/MED/RES first on scene (proved by text in chat - if two goes there at the same time, the first name in text is TOW/MED/RES 1) is N.1 and he is allowed to ask if he can use the winch tool. And then it is up on the N.1 if he share the amount of money to others - again as chases - COP1 recieve the biggest amount of money. Also adding more rules brings chaos with reports cuz of "not following rules" until ppl get used to them.

I think i made the simple thing too much complicated by these arguments. The OP is more synoptical and easy to understand.

RE: New winch tool - Frozen - 2016-08-06 13:15

Why dont make it a 1 respond per call? Like backups.

I do not see why 9 tows are able to respond to 1 call. 1 call, who responds gets it and done. But not two or three

RE: New winch tool - KooKoo - 2016-08-06 13:20

2 Respond per call I think should be the maximum.

RE: New winch tool - Chuck - 2016-08-06 13:21

It makes often sense.
-People far away don't know if there are closer units.
-A call with danger is also given out to cop to secure the area
-Even when no cop around, other tows are often helpful to provide hazard-signs etc.

Bottom line, it makes sense not to filter calls or limit them.