[TC] Gaming Forums
Rule 3.11 - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Rule 3.11 (/showthread.php?tid=23464)

Rule 3.11 - Adorable - 2016-08-13 12:47

Hello,

Could someone explain me what's the purpose of this rule?

Rule 3.11 Wrote:3.11. Stunts & Stunt Areas
Participating in stunt- or similar events is not allowed.
However, you may pass through the designated stunt areas.

Is it made so that cars being chased may no longer do jumps while being chased? like:

[Image: GIF.gif]
i got rekt

Thanks

RE: Rule 3.11 - Epilogue - 2016-08-13 13:01

Just from my point of view,i think it's not allowed to do that,because of thats not fair for the cops,because if the cops didn't fly over the fence,then cop need to take a long way around to catch suspect again,so i think there should add a rule of "No jumping over fence".

RE: Rule 3.11 - KooKoo - 2016-08-13 13:03

If it's not allowed I think there should be a rule set to forbid this during police chases.

RE: Rule 3.11 - Asas - 2016-08-13 18:52

That's not allowed, and if an admin saw it he would had auto-busted him.

On another note, looks like Recep finally managed to get away lol

RE: Rule 3.11 - Carl - 2016-08-13 20:04

The rule in question would be the server specific rule, not the one you questioned. Westhill only came around last year and before then we never had open back roads and steep slopes to drive up.

It's a grey area, but I can think of other places that used to exist. For example the jump from KY Autobahn into South Park. I think that was patched up though.

I think that a new sub-rule should be added under 10.6. Weston Park(WE1) that performing those kinds of acts are also stunts and should be avoided in a chase. But it's really hard to control that, so that's probably why there may not be a rule on it.

RE: Rule 3.11 - Adorable - 2016-08-13 21:04

(2016-08-13 18:52)Asas Wrote:  On another note, looks like Recep finally managed to get away lol

He didn't, he pitted and got auto-busted Biggrin
--

Can an admin confirm, if doing such jumps, allowed or not?

RE: Rule 3.11 - Cam - 2016-08-13 22:04

1. That's a stunt, he got air and flew over the fence.
2. That's not a designated stunt zone, otherwise there would be something there e.g. a ramp to make it clear if it was.
3. Even if you had also went over the fence with him and therefore no advantage gained, it still significantly increases your chances of failing than say a suspect with suitable setup who is less likely to fail and incur less severe damage. Although cops could change setups, how can see foresee they are going to see someone with such a setup on? It'd just be a pain having to change setup to chase a certain type of suspect, this would stop cops from chasing them the moment they break a road law (which is not how it should be) it's essentially giving suspects a second chance before a cop changes his setup and next sees them breaking the law.

3 might be wrong, but that's what I think the purpose of the rule is - avoid any unfair disadvantage outside of the control of the cops ability. I'd be interested to what the actual reason is too

I think the latter part, designated stunt zones covers situations like this quite well, even if you wouldn't class it as a stunt as ofc what is and isn't a stunt can be subjective, it has always been obvious whether it's designated to stunts.

RE: Rule 3.11 - Chuck - 2016-08-14 07:18

I can say this is being discussed internally since even TCs have
a different stance on this matter.

As for rule 3.11: It's clearly saying "stunt- or similar events".
"Events", you can hardly call every jump an event. It's meant
for events like in the big carpark, ie when I placed those giant ramps
or created other weird structures there.
It's obvious why chases shouldn't go there and why a robber shouldn't
climb up some structure or ramps.
Such grounds aren't meant for chasing and also cops with siren
would create a big mess there.

So, that's the spirit of that rule and I don't think it covers every jump
that happens anywhere across the track.

You can imagine what my personal stance on that matter is.