[TC] Gaming Forums
Cop rights for everyone - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Cop rights for everyone (/showthread.php?tid=24001)

Cop rights for everyone - Dino - 2016-10-01 11:02

Dear admins,

I doubt it was a good idea to give everyone his/her cop rights back.
Best example is the OP of THIS topic right now in the user reporting section.

The OP does not even realize drifting is fine-able but not report-able. But he is copping on the server, if you check out his insim stats:
Another example of the same cop yesterday evening, who admitted he just got his cop rights back:
Accidents can happen, but not like that.

Thomas and I agreed yesterday evening that it will be a pain the next weeks when we have people copping who are definitely not ready for it.

What is the reason behind the sudden change in the cop right policy?
Is it even worth it reporting a cop like in this thread if there comes another "cop rights back for everyone" moment in the future?

RE: Cop rights for everyone - BP - 2016-10-01 11:06

They still had to pass the test. Of course there will be bad cops (again), they'll be dealt with as and when necessary.

A lot of people's rights were revoked when license revokes/suspensions would've been more appropriate. The [TC] Members have now been properly briefed on this. There are even cases dating back to when license infractions weren't possible at all. It's a clean slate.

RE: Cop rights for everyone - Borja - 2016-10-01 11:11

Not sure if its a great idea, cause people can do bad things that knowing that in some years will be again cop without any problems.

I think that everyone should be forced to do the trainings, what should have changed its if anyone havent got more tries for training, reseting the numbers of trainings chances.

It's a great idea, cause some people have learned about their errors and have improved and matured, but others, that maybe have lost their rights in last 2 months and them got back in this low amount of time.

Anyways, if [TC] had take this idea, its for something Smile Lets try to enjoy everyone on this COPs and ROBBERs servers Biggrin

RE: Cop rights for everyone - KaraK - 2016-10-01 11:23

It'll be a pain the first few weeks, but the people who didn't really need to take the trainings will benefit from this. Let's hope the TC's revoke licenses and/or rights asap from the ones who deserve it.

Perhaps there should have been a pre-check on people who really should've kept their rights revoked before un-revoking everyone.

RE: Cop rights for everyone - Pete - 2016-10-01 12:10

As far as I can remember this is the first time we've ever reset a list of any kind. The ban list has never been cleared before and neither has the cop rights revocation list. That's potentially 9 years worth of records (since we've had insim) but the system has changed a lot in that time and we believe that the vast majority of those people do not require physical training, they just need to take the license test, something which is relatively new. Sure there will be people who will screw up their chance to be a cop again but for the vast majority, I expect they will have learnt from their mistakes and will pose fewer problems.

We accept that some problems may arise because of this decision but if people choose to throw away this chance then that's their loss. What you need to remember is that they still have their previous history of offenses and they will not be discounted if they are reported for something cop related.

As I already mentioned, wiping the slate clean is not something we're known for doing but if it means we get more active, well behaved cops as a result, it was worth the risk. Don't count on us clearing any lists again though, this is very much a one off.

RE: Cop rights for everyone - Huski - 2016-10-01 12:44

Good idea Pete! Since in 9- years people have matured, people can also have learnt from their mistakes and thought on it. I support this since people who want their licence back will get it back, others wont!

BUT MAKE IT WORK PLS

RE: Cop rights for everyone - Paulius - 2016-10-01 13:22

Why not to help those who are back after long time, experience dont come witouth playing. If you see Cop who is doing nonsense report hm. But if he agrees, help him, explain some tactics, how he should act in certain situations, what if guy didnt played for 1year, he needs to learn everything again. You dont need to be a Trainer to help new fellow cops.

RE: Cop rights for everyone - Epilogue - 2016-10-01 13:59

From my point of view,it more likes he trys to handle the car but he dont even look at the road infront of him that caused an accident,and also i do agree the idea of pete,hope i can see that working :>

RE: Cop rights for everyone - Sam - 2016-10-01 15:46

I do have to agree with the majority on this that it wasn't the best idea and will result in a lot of work for admins having to warn, revoke and re-ban people, but I am not a [TC] so my opinion doesn't really matter, especially if the admins don't mind doing all that work again.

But I do agree with Pete that some will have matured and grown up since being banned (many probably even stopped playing), but unfortunately for some things never change but you never know, might make a few of the ones that have matured come back and start playing again?

RE: Cop rights for everyone - gyunter - 2016-10-01 16:08

The one and only reason I'm back to TC City Driving and LFS overall after a year of break is a cop rights amnesty. I've lost interest playing as a robber for 8 years.
I've always felt my cop rights were revoked for a stupid reason, not because I'm a bad driver or not familiar with how cop role works.

RE: Cop rights for everyone - Ras - 2016-10-01 17:38

Pretty sure the positive outcome will be worth whatever negative come from it. There's no doubt gonna be both, but in the end, it's worth it.