[TC] Gaming Forums
Server 1 and 2 - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Server 1 and 2 (/showthread.php?tid=24003)

Server 1 and 2 - Huski - 2016-10-01 12:47

So I was thinking when I went on blackwood, about sever 2, its never usually full (At least from what I've seen) So why don't TC run say Aston on one and South city on another then give both server 1 and 2 separate rotations, this way if people burn out of one map, then server 2 has another. Just a small idea though.

RE: Server 1 and 2 - Pete - 2016-10-01 12:54

We've tried every rotation system possible over the years and by only loading up Blackwood once every two cycles we hoped to avoid more rotation schedule suggestions. The problem with running two different tracks in parallel is that it is totally predictable where people will go and certain maps never get used. Ever. You might think that's fine but it's not because people eventually burn out of the good maps too and since no one ever goes to the lesser used maps, people get bored and eventually leave the community indefinitely. By having 6 maps in a predictable rotation we avoid this problem by interspersing the fast tracks with the slower ones.

RE: Server 1 and 2 - Stephen - 2016-10-01 13:05

As Pete said above, as soon as you get a popular map on, everyone will go on that map and not even bother with the 'other' server. We've tried doing it the way suggested before and its never worked out as well as people hoped.

RE: Server 1 and 2 - Pete - 2016-10-01 13:07

(2016-10-01 13:05)Stephen Wrote:  As Pete said above, as soon as you get a popular map on, everyone will go on that map and not even bother with the 'other' server. We've tried doing it the way suggested before and its never worked out as well as people hoped.

Furthermore, as I already mentioned, people got bored of the permanent: Kyoto > Montana > Westhill repetition and now we have the system we use today.