[TC] Gaming Forums
+ Report - Gen15Lien (Report Archived by Brad) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Users Reporting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+----- Forum: User Reports - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Thread: + Report - Gen15Lien (Report Archived by Brad) (/showthread.php?tid=24132)

+ Report - Gen15Lien (Report Archived by Brad) - Adrian - 2016-10-14 12:21

Your LFS username: 9XxAdrianxX9

Their LFS username(s): Gen15Lien
Their in-game nickname(s): Anon22bp19K [TOW]

Main reason(s): Ignoring sirens, ramming, failing to apologize after crash

Replay and/or screenshot link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B76ZGcVLxc9HOWk1MFgwX1dQLWc
Replay timestamps: 13:34

Description of incident (inc date & time): It was today (14.10) about 13:00 (UK time). I saw him from a distance driving on right side. I thought he is repsecting sirens and leting cops pass so I wasn't using !move. But when I wanted overtake him he turned into me and causes me to spin. I was trying to talk with him right after incident and after chase (start at 20:20). But talking with him only showed he don't know rules. So I decided to report him.

RE: Report - Gen15Lien - Gen15Lien - 2016-10-14 12:35

My LFS Username: Gen15Lien
My in-game name at the time: Anon22bp19k [TOW]

What I didn't do: Ignore sirens, ram, failure to apologize after crash

Replay link: https://clips.twitch.tv/gen15lien/SparklingWoodcockPRChase
The entirety of the incident is in that clip ^

Description of the incident:
Driving along the AB, InSim told me that there was sirens to my left. Being how InSim overlaps, I couldn't tell(while driving 100mph in a corner) that a chase was coming up behind me. Where the incident occurred, I only knew about the first officer. Once he passed, I assumed it was safe to resume driving normally. However, I got stuck on the wall. As soon as I freed myself, [COP] Adrian came flying down the AB towards me and came into my lane[EDIT: Looking at the clip a second time, we both went into each others' lanes partially].

[COP] Adrian struck my vehicle, sending himself flying. He then blamed me for the incident even though I could not have prevented it. He assumed wrong and should not have made this report knowing full-well that I couldn't have prevented it. I tried to talk sense to him, but he claimed I was crazy(albeit in different words).

I believe this incident could have been prevented if InSim was more accurate and let the player know that a chase was upcoming or that something is coming up behind the player quickly.

On a side note, [COP] Adrian claims that I don't know the rules, yet I've read the rules dozens of times. I constantly quote the rules. All he did with that statement was prove that he didn't know the rules and needs a refresher. Not only did I not cause a crash, but I couldn't have prevented that crash, either. Apologizing is not in the rules. Only "Respect other players". [COP] Adrian and I should have said sorry if anyone was to say it.

Please look into this report with care and from both perspectives.

RE: Report - Gen15Lien - Adrian - 2016-10-14 13:57

(2016-10-14 12:35)Gen15Lien Wrote:  Where the incident occurred, I only knew about the first officer. Once he passed, I assumed it was safe to resume driving normally.
I could trust in this if you had not rearview mirror but your clip only worsens your situation. You clearly saw I'm driving behind you.

(2016-10-14 12:35)Gen15Lien Wrote:  He then blamed me for the incident even though I could not have prevented it. He assumed wrong and should not have made this report knowing full-well that I couldn't have prevented it.
Yes, you couldn't prevented it... Your car has auto-pilot and you can't steer it yourself.

(2016-10-14 12:35)Gen15Lien Wrote:  (...) he claimed I was crazy(albeit in different words)
It's not true. I only asked you 2 times if you have something to say. And if you at least one time answered "sorry" I wouldn't report you cause I can understand you did mistake. Everybody makes mistakes, but without apology it looks like done on purpose.

(2016-10-14 12:35)Gen15Lien Wrote:  On a side note, [COP] Adrian claims that I don't know the rules, yet I've read the rules dozens of times. (...) Apologizing is not in the rules. Only "Respect other players".
The juxtaposition of these two sentences is kinda funny. In first you are trying to say you know rules, but in second you clearly shows you don't know it.

I think everything we could say here has been said. Please leave it for TC admin to deal with.

RE: Report - Gen15Lien - Gen15Lien - 2016-10-14 14:11

1. It clearly shows that SOMEONE is coming behind me. It doesn't say "Hey look! [COP] Adrian is in the chase that just passed and is coming up on your rear!". If InSim had made it clear, and you understood the situation, then you wouldn't have come into my lane and hit me. You went in that corner way too quickly.

2. I very clearly could not avoid it as shown in the clip. I was stuck in the wall, didn't know that you were in a chase behind me.

3. You asked me to say sorry without explaining what I did. You failed to tell me what I did, therefore I had nothing I could apologize to. Not once did you say anything about the "hit". All you asked was "And?" which could have meant any of the things you reported me for. Had you told me we hit each other, I would have said sorry, as should you have.

4. Again, look at the rules. There is no rule stating that saying sorry, or apologizing in any way, is required. It's worth your time to go have a refresher look at them.

Yes. Now everything that could have been said has been said. If you agree to apologize, then I shall, too. Afterall, InSim is at fault here, not me.

Status: Investigation Process. Updated by: Brad. - Brad - 2016-10-17 21:17

This report is being looked into. Please be patient.

RE: Report - Gen15Lien - Brad - 2016-10-17 21:37

Hi,

Gen15, I do appreciate you giving a condensed video of the incident, however it seems to contradict your sequence of events in a quite unfortunate way.

1. The InSim is purely an overlay designed to assist. It isn't a replacement for concentration and spacial awareness. Also, it did seem to be fairly accurate anyway in terms of alerting you that there was another cop approaching:
[Image: PIC1.PNG]

If you failed to see that, maybe the rear-view mirror corroborates the view:

[Image: PIC2.PNG]

2. You could have avoided by staying to the right side and no swerving to the left, into the left lane
[Image: PIC3.PNG]

4. Correct, apologising isn't a rule, however the failure to apologise can generally indicate that either:
i) The user is oblivious to what is around him
ii) The user doesn't care for the rules
iii) The user is being stubborn

Personally, I think "iii)" is true here. I believe most other users would have acknowledged that they'd misjudged the situation and would apologise out of courtesy and bearing in mind that the incident harmed the cop (in losing the chase) much more than it did you.

Had you apologised, i'm sure the situation would have been immediately deescalated and wouldn't have resulted in a user report.

Based on your history (or lack of), i'm fairly confident you're not usually oblivious to what is around you and am satisfied that you know the rules so I don't think any admin action is necessarily required here although please take this as a friendly warning (which will be recorded for information purposes).

However, please bear in mind that we're a community and we should try to act in the spirit of the rules rather than solely the letter.

Action has been taken as described.

Thank you for your report.

It has now been moved to the archives.