[TC] Gaming Forums
Gamers United - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Forum: Community Teams (/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+----- Thread: Gamers United (/showthread.php?tid=25365)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Gamers United - Otava - 2017-05-09 19:47

Good Luck!

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-05-16 17:20

[Image: logo.png]

Hello everyone!

In this post I would just like to update you all on what is currently going on with GU. As some of you already know, TAZxx is taking some time away due to personal reasons. He is keeping his position as he is remaining active on our services such as our forum and discord server. He just won't be seen on TC.

A few people have asked me about our Co-Owner, Neko. Some people will have seen him a long time ago. He has been the Co-Owner for quite a long time now, but due to personal reasons, doesn't have access to a computer or laptop. Although he is active on our forum and discord, he is unable to be active on TC too. From recent discussions, we are unsure about when he will be fully back, but it will hopefully be in the near future.

For myself, I am currently sitting my first year of A-Level Exams. Technically the AS Exams. I must pass in all of them otherwise I will not be able to continue to the second year of the courses. Due to this, I am finding it difficult to be active, But I am generally available on most days. My exams will be over by next week, and I will then be fully active again.

Another thing that we are currently looking at is all of the services we provide and how to improve them as well as looking at what else we can provide. I am discussing this with my staff and will post an update here once we decide on what we plan to do. We will then also ask the community if there is anything they would like once we have sorted everything out.

I hope everyone is okay and good luck to anyone else who may be sitting exams!

Thanks,

GU Lewis.

RE: Gamers United - Kiwie - 2017-05-16 19:48

Good luck to all of you!

RE: Gamers United - TAZxx - 2017-05-16 19:56

Thanks Kiwie! I'm nearing the end of my struggles I think, gone through most processes just waiting on confirmations and changes to be implemented in my personal life but I'm still around.

Although I'm not able to join the server due to lack of Wi-Fi I am still checking in on the forum so can deal with any issue unless it requires MPR checking and if that would be the case I would ask one of the team to contact.

As Lewis said, there will be changes within Gamers United and what we provide, and as far as we are aware our staff are the right people to do the job. So just in case anyone is wondering, we are definitely not looking at getting rid of any member of the team, and hope they will carry on being a part of the essential mainframe here.

Thanks
TAZxx

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-05-28 16:26

Hello!

Unfortunately, we are saying goodbye to...

[GU]Callum

He decided to leave unexpectedly a few days ago, and although we are trying to investigate the situation to find out why, we have been unable to receive any messages back from Callum.

We wish him the best and hope he finds a team to be in within the near future!

Thanks,

GU Staff.

RE: Gamers United - Rout - 2017-05-29 12:57

Bye! ;(

RE: Gamers United - Kiwie - 2017-05-29 16:03

Gl in future!

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-05-31 17:41

Hello!

Unfortunately, we are saying goodbye to...

[GU]Ross

Ross has unfortunately decided that GU is not the place for him.

We wish him the best and are sure that he will find a team within the near future!

Below is our current, updated staff list.

[Image: lb.png]

[Image: st.png]

Owner:
[GU]Lewis

Co-Owner:
[GU]Neko

Head Admins:
[GU]TAZxx
[GU]ItzSean
[GU]Invortex

Admins:
[GU]Squeeze
[GU]Rout

Members / Moderators: (First letter colour is user's own choice)
[GU]Holt
[GU]Ric
[GU]Warrie
[GU]Bunny
[GU]Marçal
[GU]Jone
[GU]Jack
[GU]Huski

Thanks,

GU Staff.

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-06-22 16:34

[Image: GU-RLogo.png]

Hello! Today I will be posting on behalf of the Gamers United Official Racing Team. Recently, they have been working on an event that they are wanting to test out. This event will be going through a 'test phase' and therefore will be seen as a bit of fun rather than something competitive at this moment in time. If it is successful, then we will hopefully look into making it an official event.

Below are all of the details:

[Image: gu-r1ad2.jpg]

Event Details:

July 1st
GU-R's 1st Official Event!
UFB @ FrostFire Circuit - 30 Laps (33 Minutes [APPROX])

Server:
[GU] Event Server
Server is now open for practice!

Qualifying start:
5PM UTC / 6PM BST / 7PM CEST / 8PM EEST (1 Hour)

Race start:
6PM UTC / 7PM BST / 8PM CEST / 9PM EEST

Rules:
No ramming
Cheats / VOBS / Hacks = Perma ban
If you flip - Spectate
If you crash - Wait until it's safe to rejoin the race
Shift + P / Shift + S = Retired
No rejoining race after pitting / speccing
If your ping becomes unstable to the point where it is causing visual lag or causing problems for other drivers, then you may be disqualified.

(Discord is optional) - http://www.gamersunited.co.uk/discord

Staff attending:
[GU-R]Squeeze - Stewarding
[GU-R]Huski - Racing
[GU]Lewis - General Admin Work

Notes:
This event is running as a fun race, not too serious due to its purpose being testing the interest in such racing for the planned Leagues for winter.

Please notice that you do NOT need to sign up to take part! Just turn up on the day and you will be able to join in.

Map of the track:

[Image: gu-r1.jpg]

Thanks,
GU & GU-R Staff

RE: Gamers United - Pete - 2017-06-22 16:46

That track looks seriously thin. Are people going to be able to overtake safely?

Also, the server's passworded.

RE: Gamers United - Huski - 2017-06-22 17:01

(2017-06-22 16:46)Pete Wrote:  That track looks seriously thin. Are people going to be able to overtake safely?

Also, the server's passworded.

In the test races we did run, overtaking was ran safely.

I'd also like to add we were managing 2 wide around most corners. Also a tip, dont eat curbs too much. They can flip you

RE: Gamers United - Pete - 2017-06-22 17:21

The track is really nice. I did a 1:01.74 - With some setup work I think a 1:00.xx will be possible.

Edit: Down to a 1:01.63

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-06-22 17:36

(2017-06-22 16:46)Pete Wrote:  Also, the server's passworded.

Thanks for letting us know that the server was passworded. Smile

(2017-06-22 17:21)Pete Wrote:  The track is really nice. I did a 1:01.74 - With some setup work I think a 1:00.xx will be possible.

I'm really glad to hear you like the track! - I was watching some of your laps and you were great. Biggrin

RE: Gamers United - Pete - 2017-06-22 19:01

With some setup tweaks I've managed a 1:00.94 (SC1: 26.23, SC2: 44.90).

You can download my v0.2 setup from LFS Setups: https://www.lfs.net/files/setups/19483/UFR-FrostFire-0-2

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-06-22 20:27

(2017-06-22 19:01)Pete Wrote:  With some setup tweaks I've managed a 1:00.94 (SC1: 26.23, SC2: 44.90).

You can download my v0.2 setup from LFS Setups: https://www.lfs.net/files/setups/19483/UFR-FrostFire-0-2

Very impressive Pete! I am determined to try and get a time close to yours but I just don't seem to be capable of doing it! Good work Biggrin

RE: Gamers United - Kiwie - 2017-06-23 03:42

That looks awesome! Can't wait to participate!
Goodluck!

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-06-24 13:46

(2017-06-23 03:42)kiwie Wrote:  That looks awesome! Can't wait to participate!
Goodluck!

Thanks for your kind comment! Biggrin We look forward to seeing you there Smile

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-06-30 20:31

[Image: gu-r1ad2.jpg]

Hello!

This is just a reminder that our UFB @ FrostFire Circuit event is taking place tomorrow! Just turn up and join in!

Event Details:

July 1st
GU-R's 1st Official Event!
UFB @ FrostFire Circuit - 30 Laps (33 Minutes [APPROX])

Server:
[GU] Event Server

Thanks,
GU & GU-R Staff.

RE: Gamers United - robo - 2017-06-30 21:40

Ok hi guys nice to see you doing well just a question however don't know your plans but are you going to become a affiliated team as the team I am in is not yet checking all options hope for a reply

Ty

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-06-30 21:48

(2017-06-30 21:40)robo Wrote:  Ok hi guys nice to see you doing well just a question however don't know your plans but are you going to become a affiliated team as the team I am in is not yet checking all options hope for a reply

Ty

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest. I would usually take this up in PM but thought I will say it here as some other people may be wondering the same thing.

Gamers United do not plan on becoming an affiliated team. Even if we were to, we would not be able to. We were told by TC that we are not the type of team to be affiliated, due to not focusing on just LFS. Due to us focusing on many different games, and having a variety of options, we are unable to become affiliated.

I hope that is helpful for you.

Thanks,
Lewis.