[TC] Gaming Forums
jones High Res Skins / Engine Sound - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: jones High Res Skins / Engine Sound (/showthread.php?tid=25508)

jones High Res Skins / Engine Sound - jones - 2017-02-17 07:42

Hey there, I have been thinking by myself for a while to do a favor for you guys. I have decided to upload high resolution skins which i have collected 3 700~ so far, most of them are gathered by Chuck since he did this kind of share thing once too so credit to him! So, here you are, enjoy having higher resolution skins not just on your car, but other players cars too!

Thinking of re-uploading once in a while to get you guys more high resolution skins to see, and cleaning the folder a bit so you dont have to re-download same files and the file size stays lower.

With a little add-on i have my engine sounds on the pack as well, which i have been using for years, one of the sounds is done by =36= B e n n i and its still WIP. The rest are mine, enjoy! Wink

> Download Here! <
Zip size: 663mb
Unzipped size: 2,35gb

RE: jones High Res Skins / Engine Sound - Barney - 2017-02-17 10:23

Isn't 512x512 the default size in the skins_x folder for everyone and skins_y is where the highres(paid) skins get in?
I regulary clear my skins_x folder and since 01.02.2017 there are alrdy 800 inside. Dont see any benefit from this tbh, or i dont understand it.

RE: jones High Res Skins / Engine Sound - jones - 2017-02-17 11:07

Thats what i have thought too, i was talking with Pete on Discord and have noticed myself that my skins_y folder is completely empty...

What size are your skins in skins_x?

I have 171kb and 41kb (apparently low res?) there.

*EDIT*

I browsed abit on my LFS directory and in game, appears that when the new patch came the download for skins resolution went back to normal (low resolution)...

Its back now to high res skins, im gonna re-upload the link with older high res skins (from 2016)... Didnt know this would blow back like this Sad

RE: jones High Res Skins / Engine Sound - Barney - 2017-02-17 11:19

Same, the smaller ones are the HELmets, not lowres. You need to pay on lfs.net to get 1024ish skins and they would get into skins_y. So this is kind of only spreading your "trash" to all users Tongue

But if you insist, i could send you all my trash and old skins too Wink

RE: jones High Res Skins / Engine Sound - jones - 2017-02-17 11:22

Yes indeed i know now that im spreading trash Sad

Shame on me...

Re-uploading currently as we speak.

Sure thing you can send me them Biggrin Just make sure they are in high res! Biggrin

RE: jones High Res Skins / Engine Sound - Barney - 2017-02-17 11:27

kind of related:
https://www.lfs.net/account/skins/upload Wrote:*NEW* You can now upload skins with a maximum dimension of 2048 * 2048 pixels (1024 * 1024 for helmet skins).
LFS currently supports downloading skins of up to 1024 * 1024, but we want to increase this to 2048 * 2048 in the future.
By enabling you to upload skins with higher dimensions in advance, you can already prepare for when LFS supports downloading them.
not sure how "new" this is. new to me.

RE: jones High Res Skins / Engine Sound - jones - 2017-02-17 11:37

LFS currently supports only 1024 res skins and 512 helmet skins to download when skin is loading up sadly.. Sad

I have known for a while that its possible to upload your skins as 2048 resolution

*EDIT*

Re-upload completed this time with REAL HIGH-RES skins!