[TC] Gaming Forums
+ Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ (Report Archived by BP) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Users Reporting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+----- Forum: User Reports - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Thread: + Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ (Report Archived by BP) (/showthread.php?tid=26287)

+ Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ (Report Archived by BP) - riptide404 - 2017-05-24 03:09

My LFS username: club racer

User LFS username: liv4eva
User in-game nick: [TC]›Connor‹

Dear TC Staff,

During my most recent visit to the TC servers, I observed some highly unprofessional behavior on the part of one of your admins, Connor . After observing your admin repeatedly violate several TC rules and put several other users in danger, I decided to notify him of his careless behavior, which includes wrong-way driving and ramming without apology. He did not admit fault, and instead suggested that I keep quiet. After an uncontrolled fracas brought about by several of his unwitting supporters, Connor decided to ban me for 365 days for "provoking unneeded arguments". This behavior is very immature and unexpected from a server which I once held in high regard. Please review the litany of offenses below.

Time: ~23:50 GMT, May 23, 2017

Replay: https://ufile.io/c9tto
Timestamps:
3:00-3:05 (5s, Total=0:05) : Wrong-way driving, collision with 1 vehicle (with apology), near collision with 1 other vehicle
10:50 : Offensive/inappropriate comments (homosexual humor)
http://i.imgur.com/Ku92nuV.png
[Image: HK6Kv9o.png]
18:37-19:00 (23s, Total=0:28) : Wrong-way driving
20:55-21:05 (10s, Total=0:38) : Wrong-way driving - near collision
21:09 : Connor warned by user: "[TC]›Connor‹ - Keep left yo Tongue"
22:00-22:12 (12s, Total=0:50) Wrong-way driving
22:20 : Ramming: Connor crashes car stopped in pit stop (no apology)
24:27-24:40 (13s, Total=1:03): Wrong-way
24:45 : Me: "[TC]›Connor‹ - dont drive wrong way"
Connor: "Who is this guy? lol"
Connor: "CCTV - You've come back from a year ban, I'd keep ya head down yeah?"
54:42-54:47 (5s, Total=1:08) : Wrong-way
56:00-56:05 (5s, Total=1:13): Does not yield to car in roundabout, collision with 2 cars
(apology?)

Total: 73 seconds wrong-way/dangerous driving, 4 collisions, 2 near-collisions, about 14 offenses above, only 2 apologies.

I suggest you look into this character. He has the audacity to ban me for 365 days, and looking at his track record, you cannot tell he is TC material.

Status: Management Investigation. Updated by BP. - BP - 2017-05-24 06:57

This report is being reviewed by [TC] CityDriving Management
Due to a [TC] Member being involved, this may take longer than usual to review.

RE: Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ - Maxwell - 2017-05-24 10:59

I was involved in this altercation so I want to put my point across because I think it's an absolute insult that he is putting forward any sort of report towards anyone after his behaviour.

This player initiated the conflict by telling Connor not to wrong-way, which he was doing because we were in a chase and the server was very quiet. He accused Connor of breaking server rules which is incorrect, he was breaking road laws and considering he wasn't a [COP] there was no need to be barking orders across to any other member on the server. 'Club Racer' very quickly became provocative and passive aggressive which in my opinion is unacceptable for a friendly server such as [TC].

His attitude and behaviour affected around 5 people whilst this altercation continued with all of them agreeing that his demeanor was un-friendly and hostile. At the end of the day this player was on a server that he continuously slated for having poor management and causing problems amongst regular players rather than making an effort to become friends and converse appropriately.

There was talk during the altercation of previous bans which leads me to believe that this individual's disrespectful attitude and intent to cause problems has got him into trouble before. I am very open to any type of players on the server as long as they make an effort to have fun which is obviously the primary purpose of LFS especially [TC]'s role play server and respect other players.

At the end of the day, this player was unprovoked and made a considerable effort to annoy other players which is evidenced in his constant comments on 'getting under his skin' etc. Is this really somebody you want on your server. I hope to see this individual permanently banned.

I understand that it's only Admins that reply to this thread and I apologise if my comment is misplaced, but I feel it is very important for management to get an understanding of how disgusting and out of order this individuals behaviour was on a 'friendly' server.

Thank you.

Administrator Message by: Pete

As per the rules of this forum, please do not post in reports that do not directly concern you.

RE: Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ - riptide404 - 2017-05-24 18:04

Maxwell, you have no room to talk. I counted 26 occurrences of rude language coming from you, compared with just a fraction of that coming from me.

Relevance to this thread:
- Connor (admin, reported user) moderated the conversation poorly, if at all. Connor did not own up to his mistakes, and instead let the chat run wild, dominated by sophomoric attacks against me.

- Questionable ban rationale: compare my behavior in the chat with other users, given the context, and see for yourself. Connor breaks many rules, I call him out, several users attack me thoroughly with rude, sophomoric comments, I defend myself moderately, and then I receive a 365-day ban, and everyone else runs free. Lol! Good going, Connor!

http://i.imgur.com/qrWMvA2.jpg
[Image: qrWMvA2.jpg]

RE: Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ - Brad - 2017-05-24 18:37

Thanks for the effort. You conveniently exclude some of your worst comments, but that's to be expected.

Nevermind, though, we have them all in the chatlogs.

Please bear with us, we'll get back to you.

RE: Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ - riptide404 - 2017-05-24 18:47

Probably only a few, and I guarantee I left out many more rude comments from the other users, too. Picture was put together very quickly, had to get rid of most of the chat that was irrelevant to this thread. The point here is that Connor handled the situation very poorly, as I'm sure you can see.

RE: Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ - Maxwell - 2017-05-24 21:09

I'm assuming that Riptide404's last comment means that this thread now 'directly concerns' me. The 'You bitchWink' comment was out of context as you'd see on the replay, it was actually when Shino tapped my car and was in no way directed at Riptide404.

This has been blown totally out of proportion. Speaking in a civil manner, you have to agree that your attitude and behaviour were incredibly provocative and any underlying issues you had with [TC] members could have been dealt with on the forums rather than channelling them through an individual [TC] member on the game.

I apologise if any of my comments throughout this altercation were offensive, I just didn't agree with how you handled your problems in any way. As the admins will see, several regulars online during the issue last night were not happy with how you conveyed your issues, that is definitely something that should be taken into account.

Thank you.

RE: Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ - Brad - 2017-05-24 21:22

Thanks both. If we can please ask you to now let us review, discuss, and come back to you with our thoughts shortly it would be great.

RE: Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ - Maxwell - 2017-05-24 21:24

No worries, thank you very much.

RE: Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ - riptide404 - 2017-05-24 21:56

(2017-05-24 21:09)Maxwell Wrote:  I'm assuming that Riptide404's last comment means that this thread now 'directly concerns' me. The 'You bitchWink' comment was out of context as you'd see on the replay, it was actually when Shino tapped my car and was in no way directed at Riptide404.

This thread has never been about you, except when you speak and invite reproach for your errors which greatly exceed mine, and make clear Connor's unprofessional, personally motivated bias in treatment that resulted in a 365-day ban for me and no ban for you. You're not exactly helping Connor here, or yourself. Consider yourself a primary factor in exposing Connor's incompetence.

And please stop responding to this thread.

RE: Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ - Brad - 2017-05-24 23:07

You involved him. He has a right to respond.

No more posts now, please, we have all we need

Thanks,

RE: Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ - riptide404 - 2017-05-24 23:14

He is now de-involved. His in-game comments exist without further input from him.

Administrator Message by: Ras

Please don't ignore admin instructions. No more posts unless an admin says otherwise, thanks.

RE: Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ - Brad - 2017-05-25 06:14

That's for us to decide, and I decide his posts here are fine.

RE: Rogue Admin: [TC]›Connor‹ - BP - 2017-05-28 20:47

Connor's driving conduct

By and large, there are no concerns with Connor's driving here.
  • A few of your timestamps are where he goes wrong side for a little bit and endangered/affected no one. In these cases, this is more of a road law than a server rule.
  • In some cases, he has a few friendly hits with the people he is cruising with; whilst not recommended, he did not affect anyone else and the server was relatively quiet (in terms of how many people were online).
  • In one case, he accidentally meandered onto the wrong side whilst typing, seemingly trying to help somebody in the main chat. He apologised for the subsequent collision.
  • We find only one of the driving related timestamps to be of any worth: the incident at 20:55-21:05. Connor should not have wrong-sided here, and also should not have forced his way past (which also resulted in the near miss of another person). Although this is very minor, we've spoken to him about it.

Connor's conduct (aside from driving)
  • Connor's "Offensive/inappropriate comments (homosexual humor)" was not offensive or homophobic at all, therefore no action will be taken. We're not really sure if you took any actual offence to it (just a note to anyone reading this report: this joke was not aimed at the reporter) but if you did, you might be the only one.
  • Connor's messages toward you were fine. He did not appear to be rude to you. He actually conducted himself well considering your messages toward him. [TC] members, or anyone else, shouldn't have to put up with the kind of comments you were making (more info about your messages will be covered later in the post).
  • We feel that Connor should have put an official stop to the whole thing much sooner, including moderating the comments that other people were directing to you (see later section for more info). The whole situation, largely caused by yourself, made for quite an uncomfortable and hostile atmosphere, one which could have been mitigated.

Your conduct

Firstly, and this is largely common sense, if you ever think an admin is doing something wrong, try communicating like you would any other user. If this doesn't work, report it to management. However, it's a bit late for this now.
  • You were clearly being deliberately rude, confrontational, and provocative. You wanted a reaction and you got it.
  • Although it can't be certain why you feel the need to join a server and act like this, one can only guess that it's some sort of personal grudge against [TC], as you've spent a large portion of your time banned. Whilst you're a bit better than before, inasmuch as you're not using racist terminology, talking about sex acts, or making other extremely inappropriate comments, your conduct is still very much out of place.
  • You said yourself that you don't care if you're banned. This works well with us, as your ban is being extended to permanent. Please note that the extension is unrelated to the fact you made this report.

Other people's conduct

Of course, we're not going to decipher every line of the chatlog from start to finish, but we will look into the comments which we deem actionable. The following findings are resultant of your picture (which may not have contained everything), running through the chat in the replay, and some players' individual chatlogs:
  • Maxwell's comments didn't help the situation and, in some cases, crossed the boundaries in which players should speak to other players. However, the difference is that he has an incredibly clean record for the amount of hours he's played, and that his comments were in response to your unacceptable conduct. He has received a warning for this.
  • Similar deal with Shino (dreadster), who has also received a warning for this.
  • Other people's comments don't really seem to be actionable.

Summary
  • You are permanently banned.
  • MaxwellJnr has been warned.
  • Dreadster (Shino) has been warned.
  • Connor has been reminded to drive a little more carefully, and to try and control a situation a little quicker than he did.

[TC] CityDriving Management

Action has been taken as described
Thank you for your report, it has now been moved to the archives.