[TC] Gaming Forums
- Report-Dee[COP] (Report Archived by Brad) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Users Reporting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+----- Forum: User Reports - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Thread: - Report-Dee[COP] (Report Archived by Brad) (/showthread.php?tid=26618)

- Report-Dee[COP] (Report Archived by Brad) - Tris - 2017-06-30 21:00

Your LFS username:tristatron

Their LFS username(s):racerss
Their in-game nickname(s):Dee [COP]

Main reason(s):Unsafe copping

Replay and/or screenshot link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8bJ_iJJp8t_NEV4Nk5WRUs4R28 [Image: o5rdl1.jpg] [Image: 29vza4j.jpg] [Image: 34qnvib.jpg]

Missed a few messages but I think that admins can go through pms
Replay timestamps: (see below)

Description of incident (inc date & time): 30/6/2017

Main Incident

57:30-He rides my rear bumper coming up to a split in the road and a corner giving me no room whatsoever to slow down. I try to slow down to go left but he keeps going flat out into me causing me to lose control under braking hitting the barrier sending both of us flying ending the chase.

Instances of him doing dangerous maneuvers like this before that

46:52- He tries a pit that would never work in that place (because there is nowhere for my rear to go other then into the wall) causing him to lose control and slamming into my side while trying to correct, causing damage to my car

54:42- I start to slow down to turn right, due to his proximity, once again he goes full speed into the back of me. This time did not end in a wreck but is just an example of him doing this sort of thing.

55:40- He rides my bumper going into the roundabout, causing me to miss my braking point and crash because I didn't want to get rear ended.

I didn't want to have to make this report, but from talking to him (see screenshots) he seems to stand by all the moves making me assume everything including that last crash was intentional. I don't see how pushing/tailgating someone preventing them from slowing down sufficiently to make turns/maneuvers until they wreck is within the rules.

"5.4. Force / Physical Contact
Any force used must be calculated and tactical. The direct impact of intentional contact should cause very minor or ideally no damage to either car. Ramming is forbidden."

RE: Report-Dee[COP] - Adorable - 2017-06-30 21:24

All your timestamps including your "Main Incident" aren't even worth mentioning - Please stop reporting for no reason.

Also, it's PM = Private Message.

Thanks

RE: Report-Dee[COP] - Tris - 2017-07-01 01:10

Quote:All your timestamps including your "Main Incident" aren't even worth mentioning
Would rather leave that for an admin to decide

Quote:Please stop reporting for no reason.
I have had a reason for both reports against you

Quote:Also, it's PM = Private Message.

I am aware what PM means, but I'm under the assumption that it's just not viewable to other people on the server and that admins can still look through them. I never stated that as fact though.

Status: Investigation Process. Updated by: Brad. - Brad - 2017-07-01 08:55

This report is being reviewed
Please be patient, we will reply shortly.

RE: Report-Dee[COP] - Brad - 2017-07-01 10:11

Hi, below are some comments added to your time-stamps:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Main Incident

57:30-He rides my rear bumper coming up to a split in the road and a corner giving me no room whatsoever to slow down. I try to slow down to go left but he keeps going flat out into me causing me to lose control under braking hitting the barrier sending both of us flying ending the chase. Brad: Honestly, I think this looks worse and more dramatic than it actually is. The force itself wasn't excessive and my opinion, generally, with these kind of incidents is that the suspect has a role not just to speed off into the distance and evade capture, but also to place their car in positions where the cop cannot make these kind of moves. For example, knowing that the cop was right on my bumper, I wouldn't have even contemplated slowing for that left-turn nor would I give him any space on the inside to initiate a PIT.

Instances of him doing dangerous maneuvers like this before that

46:52- He tries a pit that would never work in that place (because there is nowhere for my rear to go other then into the wall) causing him to lose control and slamming into my side while trying to correct, causing damage to my car Brad: Again, the contact itself isn't excessive and I don't believe this crosses any line

54:42- I start to slow down to turn right, due to his proximity, once again he goes full speed into the back of me. This time did not end in a wreck but is just an example of him doing this sort of thing.

55:40- He rides my bumper going into the roundabout, causing me to miss my braking point and crash because I didn't want to get rear ended. Brad: This is difficult to judge as you missed your braking point so we don't know
whether he would have slammed into the back of you. However, I would say Dee is probably too close, and if you would have braked at your normal point he probably would have hit you which would be against the spirit of the rules coming into such a heavy braking zone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
To summarise;

The force wasn't excessive, in my opinion, however Dee's copping style seems to be a little impatient. By that I mean he is always on your bumper which can sometimes lead to slightly sloppy and mistimed maneuvers. I prefer Cops to make more infrequent, but well-timed, maneuvers however everyone has their style and as a suspect you need to recognise that and adjust your driving style accordingly.

That said, nothing there warrants any action and i'd argue the majority of the 'major' issues you mention are started because you gave Dee a tempting amount of room in which to attempt these maneuvers. As I said in the time-stamps, a large part of a suspect's job is to be looking in the mirror, anticipating what the Cop may do, and placing your car in a position to defend against that.

It's "six of one, half a dozen of the other" and so I won't be taking any action on this report. That's not to say it is a completely unwarranted report, though.

No action has been taken as described
Thank you for your report, it has now been moved to the archives.