[TC] Gaming Forums
+ Deliberate lagging (Report Archived by Ice) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Users Reporting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+----- Forum: User Reports - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Thread: + Deliberate lagging (Report Archived by Ice) (/showthread.php?tid=26742)

+ Deliberate lagging (Report Archived by Ice) - Tingle - 2017-07-13 23:47

Your LFS username: AdreesTinkler

Their LFS username(s): A L e E x
Their in-game nickname(s): Alex #34

Main reason(s): Deliberately lagging in a wily attempt to win the chase.

Replay and/or screenshot link: http://www.filedropper.com/alexdeliberatelag
Replay timestamps:
8:11 - First deliberate lagging incident.
9:39 - I call him out on it
10:00 - He says thank you in response to me calling him out
10:11 - He starts lagging out in roughly the same spot, again...

Description of incident (inc date & time): Deliberately making himself lag in spots which make cops vulnerable to losing him if the wrong direction is assumed in the lagging period. It's very obvious what he's doing, given he does not lag at any other times. It would be great if an example was made out of this particular user, given how much more frequent such behaviour is becoming.

Update: Nismo is also claiming the user has done it to him, however, he does not have a replay to substantiate this.

RE: Deliberate lagging - Alex. - 2017-07-14 10:12

I don't know what are you talking about, I have slow network i'm not using anything to lag on purpose how come i think when i play music before chase at Youtube slow my network then when i noticed when i have lag i was closed that music .

Now, About that lag "8:11" i was already have lag at "0:47" and "1:24" and "3:24" in "9:39" you was said to me "Alex #34 - nice tactical lag to make the other 2 lose contact" in "10:00" i was said to you " Sorry / np / Thank you ." i was mean to say sorry not thank ... in "10:11" the cop is follow me he was noticed i was brake then he try to brake like any normal chases ..

i think you made this report for u want banned me as you said at "12:10" when u said "= permanent ban usually?"
Quote:he does not have a replay to substantiate this.
Already i have replay yesterday what happen

Thanks for reading.
Alex,

Status: Investigation Process. Updated by: Ice. - Ice - 2017-07-14 11:14

This report is being reviewed
Please be patient, we will reply shortly.

So this situation is clearly a difficult one, on the replay it seems like just an ordinary lag, just happened at the most unfortunate part of the track.

But i do have a question or two about it Alex,

1) You mention you were listening to music, but i see you are using a mouse to drive. I am wondering how you closed your music, when i saw you driving 100% at all times during that chase

2) You probably had "You are lagging" sign on your screen during that turn where you got reported for, why did you not slow down and wait for cops to catch up as you clearly gained some sort of advantage, given it was not your fault as you claimed.

I'll wait for your reply and make the decision later.

RE: Deliberate lagging - Alex. - 2017-07-14 11:29

Quote:1) You mention you were listening to music, but i see you are using a mouse to drive. I am wondering how you closed your music, when i saw you driving 100% at all times during that chase
about that issue i was play like that http://prntscr.com/fvlwxf and i can close it fast when i go right side

second about that ,
Quote:2) You probably had "You are lagging" sign on your screen during that turn where you got reported for, why did you not slow down and wait for cops to catch up as you clearly gained some sort of advantage, given it was not your fault as you claimed.
I'm sorry about that part i wasn't understand him when he said "Alex #34 - nice tactical lag to make the other 2 lose contact" i wasn't he mean to pull over for busted me if he said like that i was will do it

RE: Deliberate lagging - Ice - 2017-07-14 11:34

Yes but you probably had "You are lagging" on your screen, it usually means you are disappearing for other users and thus when you turned that corner you gained an unfair advantage over them, even if you did it on purpose or not. What you could/should do in that situation is slow down to allow them to catch up and then proceed with your chase, or just stop the chase and let them bust you.

Either way, since i cannot determine whether it was deliberate or not, i will add an entry on your URS for future reference if you are being caught doing this stuff again.

-Ice

Action has been taken as described
Thank you for your report, it has now been moved to the archives.