[TC] Gaming Forums
[Forum Suggestion] Reputation System - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [Forum Suggestion] Reputation System (/showthread.php?tid=2739)

[Forum Suggestion] Reputation System - BP - 2012-04-08 09:06

Hi, I think this is the most appropriate place to put it (despite the fact it says server & insim suggestions).

I'm basically suggesting one thing in this topic, and I'll keep it short and sweet because there isn't really that much to say anyway.

I'm suggesting for a revival of the reputation system. We had it before on the previous forum, and it was slightly abused. It was abused because it was too easily abused - e.g. you could rep someone an infinite amount of times, and people were using that to their own advantage. It is possible to make it so one user can only rep another user one time, making it impossible to mass-rep someone. Of course there is no actual point to the reputation system but I think it's still a nice feature to have. Wink Also, if someone insults via the reputation system or such, you could easily report them and it could be deleted by a TC member.

Please reply below with your thoughts. Smile

P.S Thinking about it, you TCs have probably been discussing the reputation system for a long time now and there must be a reason you're not re-adding it, but it's worth a try anyway. Tongue

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Reputation System & What's New - Ash - 2012-04-08 09:15

Welcome back, Ash. You last visited: Today, 09:34 (User CP — Log Out)
Open Buddy List
View New Posts | View Today's Posts | Private Messages (Unread 0, Total 257)

Smile
View new posts lists all the posts made since your last visit.
Today post is self explanitory Smile

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Reputation System & What's New - BP - 2012-04-08 09:16

I'm a noob. Editing the OP, thanks Ash. Tongue

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Reputation System - Cola - 2012-04-08 10:23

A +1 for this from me. I miss the rep system.

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Reputation System - Johan. - 2012-04-08 11:18

I think it should be something else than a new version of the old-rep system, wich I think I know what it was.

I think it would be better if you'd be able to give some reputation to a person, via an helpfull post. As in, someone explaining something about LFS or cars, or something usefull, you can say 'This post was helpfull, lets rep it', instead of rep'ping the person, you rep the post. (Ofcourse the person can have a stat with 'Helpfull posts: xx')

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Reputation System - BP - 2012-04-08 11:19

(2012-04-08 11:18)Johan. Wrote:  I think it should be something else than a new version of the old-rep system, wich I think I know what it was.

I think it would be better if you'd be able to give some reputation to a person, via an helpfull post. As in, someone explaining something about LFS or cars, or something usefull, you can say 'This post was helpfull, lets rep it', instead of rep'ping the person, you rep the post. (Ofcourse the person can have a stat with 'Helpfull posts: xx')

Not bad. Smile

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Reputation System - Audiojack - 2012-04-08 11:24

I don't particularly support the idea but if it were to come back on the forum, it should be in the form Johan described.

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Reputation System - Pete - 2012-04-08 11:45

We wanted to make a "like" system whereby someones "like-count" would only ever increase. What do you think about this instead of the rep system (Which by the way, won't be returning in its old state.)

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Reputation System - BP - 2012-04-08 11:50

(2012-04-08 11:45)Lampshade Wrote:  We wanted to make a "like" system whereby someones "like-count" would only ever increase. What do you think about this instead of the rep system (Which by the way, won't be returning in its old state.)

Sounds equally as good. Wink

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Reputation System - Cola - 2012-04-08 11:55

(2012-04-08 11:45)Lampshade Wrote:  We wanted to make a "like" system whereby someones "like-count" would only ever increase. What do you think about this instead of the rep system (Which by the way, won't be returning in its old state.)

I'm in on that one as well..

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Reputation System - Tommer - 2012-04-08 16:44

I would be ok with a 'Thanks meter' EG the one on XDA Developers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=21568284#post21568284

When you are logged in there is a small "thanks button" on each post if you found it helpful and it adds to the bar ontop of your profile pic.

--also--

When we started the old forum, we had a trophy system.

We could use this for the year-end rewards and people got a trophy (little trophy icon -- Something like this [Image: trophy-icon.png]) that displayed on the profile for each award they receive - When hovering over the trophy it displays the year of the award and what for EG 2010 Safest Cop 2012 Most Annoying ETC.

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Reputation System - Johan. - 2012-04-08 17:19

Thats exactly what I said Tommer Tongue