[TC] Gaming Forums
Digital Sound Problems - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Help Requests & Technical Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Digital Sound Problems (/showthread.php?tid=2908)

Digital Sound Problems - Tommer - 2012-04-18 19:27

Heyya,

So I got a USB Sound card the other day with the aim of removing the horrible static that makes it into my PC's headphone jacks, and it works well.

The USB Sound card is clear. Crystal clear. Infact, so clear that it's a problem, I want to bland it down a bit, to round off the audible 'edges' so to speak.. Since it's so.. 'colourful' when it's up loud that it can induce a headache.. quite easily with any music that is not 'smooth' lol..

Anyone know of some software that can do this? Smile

RE: Digital Sound Problems - Johan. - 2012-04-18 19:37

Are you talking about the higher frequency's that your hearing? If so, try to find the graphic equalizer of the sound card.

RE: Digital Sound Problems - Tommer - 2012-04-18 19:40

The usb sound card doesn't have an equaliser it's litterally one of those plug'n'play things.. It's not so much the frequencies.. it's that the sounds are very edgy, like they have a kick to them

RE: Digital Sound Problems - Chuck - 2012-04-18 19:56

Can't imagine what kind of problem you're talking about tbh.

RE: Digital Sound Problems - Moving Coil - 2012-04-18 20:51

Whats the card? The problem you are having is probably happening because you are not used to high sound quality of a usb sound card. What you are hearing now is the normal quality. What you should be hearing. You can buy an analogue tube preamp to maybe distort "soften" a little your hearing. This happened when people got introduced to the digital technology with cd. They didnt liked what they hear because they got used to the not so clear analogue tape and vinyl sound. As like society did i think you will get used to the more detailed sound. I'm a sound engineer and studying it at university atm so you can ask me more detailed questions. Sorry for the bad English.