[TC] Gaming Forums
Taz is leaving Street Obsessions - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Affiliate Teams (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+---- Forum: Street Obsessions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=119)
+---- Thread: Taz is leaving Street Obsessions (/showthread.php?tid=29926)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Taz is leaving Street Obsessions - Roy - 2018-09-27 11:07

Good luck Taz !

RE: Taz is leaving Street Obsessions - ItzSean - 2018-09-27 12:00

Good luck tazzy on the futureSmile

RE: Taz is leaving Street Obsessions - Felipe Jardim - 2018-09-27 22:40

Here's some words for you taz

hhhhhhhhhhh

RE: Taz is leaving Street Obsessions - Yukine - 2018-09-28 10:09

Unexpected, I wish you the best of luck mate. Sad

RE: Taz is leaving Street Obsessions - Adam - 2018-09-30 12:39

(2018-09-27 07:15)Audiojack Wrote:  
(2018-09-27 01:15)Renegade Wrote:  
(2018-09-26 23:55)Spark Wrote:  With the amount of things Taz done for SO, there should have been a better send off. A bit disappointing to see the standard drop. Shame.

Good luck Taz! Smile

I see this as even less than a standard drop. Best of luck Taz. The way it looks to me, you deserved better.

It's sad that people don't seem to see the nuance of the situation, as I was politely expressing in my last message. But I suppose it's safe enough to say that frankly it was very unexpected and quite shocking. I do agree that it should have been better, but perhaps when we get back on our feet.

If someone who has played a major role in your team has just left and you don't say anything because you are "speechless" then maybe you should delay the announcement for a couple days while you can think of what to say...

RE: Taz is leaving Street Obsessions - AOR Nova - 2018-09-30 14:36

Sometimes less is more.

period.

RE: Taz is leaving Street Obsessions - Renegade - 2018-09-30 15:06

(2018-09-30 14:36)AOR Nova Wrote:  Sometimes less is more.

period.

There's a difference between "less" and basically nothing at all.

RE: Taz is leaving Street Obsessions - FR4NOx - 2018-09-30 15:19

(2018-09-30 12:39)Adam Wrote:  
(2018-09-27 07:15)Audiojack Wrote:  
(2018-09-27 01:15)Renegade Wrote:  
(2018-09-26 23:55)Spark Wrote:  With the amount of things Taz done for SO, there should have been a better send off. A bit disappointing to see the standard drop. Shame.

Good luck Taz! Smile

I see this as even less than a standard drop. Best of luck Taz. The way it looks to me, you deserved better.

It's sad that people don't seem to see the nuance of the situation, as I was politely expressing in my last message. But I suppose it's safe enough to say that frankly it was very unexpected and quite shocking. I do agree that it should have been better, but perhaps when we get back on our feet.

If someone who has played a major role in your team has just left and you don't say anything because you are "speechless" then maybe you should delay the announcement for a couple days while you can think of what to say...

Hi Adam,

In the past we've received criticism from the community for delayed announcements. With Taz's departure, we still wanted to post the departure in a timely manner and so that at minimum everyone knows that is he no longer with us.

There is a nuance to a limited post like this. Maybe it's a cultural difference as Street Obsessions has Canadian and American leadership where we believe at times less can be more. I don't know. However, this seems to be missed by most of the European members of the community, and this is truly disappointing.

I'm sorry if anyone felt our announcement was inappropriate, weak, or too "half-assed". Taz's departure was sudden and left us devastated. The most we could do was choke out the news that Taz is leaving and take a moment to take it all in. A generic post just saying thank you is a disservice to Taz and he deserved something more heartfelt.

Taz was a valued member of Street Obsessions. He contributed so much to the team even through his personal struggles. We provided a warm and welcoming environment and room for him to be who he is. Taz was reliable, I was comfortable with him making the majority of news posts (rare as I usually review announcements prior to post, when I can). Taz always felt a sense of urgency to create events, look for new recruitment opportunities, and to stay active within the team Discord. I still remember the day I personally recruited Taz and the joy I felt when he agreed to join SO. I will never regret my decision to recruit him.

Taz was family. We will miss him dearly.

At the end, I personally feel that Taz could have been honest with us about his reasons for leaving as I am completely fine with him moving on to [TC] or somewhere else. This goes for any current members within SO as well. I don't mind if you prefer a different environment or want to try something new, just be up front about it when you make that decision. This is my personal opinion and I cannot speak for the opinions of anyone else within Street Obsessions.

I want each and every member of SO to be happy, and to be in a place where they can be their best, feel happy, and grow as an individual. We provide a sandbox of opportunity. Taz grew out of Street Obsessions and I wish him well during his recruitment with the [TC] CityDriving team.

Congratulations, Liam.

Thank you for reading,

~ Patrick.

RE: Taz is leaving Street Obsessions - Sam - 2018-10-01 16:19

Should really go without saying and I'm surprised it hasn't happened already, but you should probably update the original post.

RE: Taz is leaving Street Obsessions - FR4NOx - 2018-10-01 16:23

(2018-10-01 16:19)Sam Wrote:  Should really go without saying and I'm surprised it hasn't happened already, but you should probably update the original post.

Hi Sam,

The original post is fine. There is no reason to update it.

Thank you!

RE: Taz is leaving Street Obsessions - Sam - 2018-10-01 16:34

Hahaha, yes, of course it is, "Yes, you read that right." is totally "fine" with the amount of work he has done for SO. If this is how SO is ran behind the scenes I'm not surprised he left.

RE: Taz is leaving Street Obsessions - FR4NOx - 2018-10-01 16:55

(2018-10-01 16:34)Sam Wrote:  Hahaha, yes, of course it is, "Yes, you read that right." is totally "fine" with the amount of work he has done for SO. If this is how SO is ran behind the scenes I'm not surprised he left.

Hi Sam,

Taz received a unique news post and a lengthy follow up and is the most significant and grandiose departure thread in SO's history, including my post.

"Yes, you read that right" fits perfectly. It was shocking that Taz left, so yes, you read that right.

This is not an invitation to debate, so please, be considerate.

Thank you!