[TC] Gaming Forums
TC World Profile - Purchase History - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: TC World Profile - Purchase History (/showthread.php?tid=30911)

TC World Profile - Purchase History - alau07 - 2019-03-16 16:09

Brief:
I think a purchase history should be visible on every profile, which should include all the property/cars bought throughout time, as well as a quick summary of net spend on Cars/Property.

Why do we need it? Isn't most of it there already?
I mean, we literally have a whole history of net earnings (from driving and roleplaying - incl. stealing, police/suspect, rentals etc.) and transactions (sent and received money/donations)?

We also have a "Most recent money transactions" limited to past 6 months. Might as well just record it as a total in each category, e.g. Buy/Sell/Give/Received a New/Used Cars

Categories: (units in $.)
  • In this case, there will be 8 categories, probably reduce it to:
    1. "Net Car Dealer (incl. TC Market selling) Transactions"
    2. "Net Property Transacitons"
    3. "Net Real Value of Cars Given/Received"

I get that it might be difficult to record a whole history of purchase orders from each player, not to mention trying to include past purchase history.

It'd be nice to 'audit' each player lol.

**Note: I get that some players will get salty when they have their full cash history available for anyone to see. Don't get me wrong, I believe transactions should be allowed for benefits outside of TC, but they should be visible to, at least, the respective authorities (TC staff).

RE: TC World Profile - Purchase History - Alex. - 2019-03-16 16:49

-1 for me, I can’t see any advantage to see others transactions or which car others bought or sold, Simply you can check others statistics by seeing the profile in TC world it shows to you what do you want.

RE: TC World Profile - Purchase History - Sky - 2019-03-16 17:08

You said it that we already have most of it, most of the needed stats of someone to know as out of character knowledge, KMs driven by a user, hours, money, COP level, etc

I don't think it would be a necessary addon to see more details like what someone bought or sold recently. It's unrealistic to look on the side TC is.

RE: TC World Profile - Purchase History - Kyle - 2019-03-16 18:25

If you're suggesting that this new "purchase history" should only be available to you (like the existing money transactions) then I wouldn't mind it, but I don't think it's necessary to see everybody's personal purchase history.

RE: TC World Profile - Purchase History - alau07 - 2019-03-16 19:10

@Alex: The purchases are made public in the chat anytime they're made, anyway, so why not display them publicly on each TCWorld profile? There is no direct advantage, sure, but by that same standard all other transaction information (such as money sent/received) shouldn't be available too, because it doesn't provide an 'advantage'

@[RDSR] Sky: It's unnecessary, but never unrealistic. In fact this just adds to the realism (although not directly, as the range of players that should be able to view this sensitive data is controversial), as admins are able (or at least made easier) to conduct audits and check where funds are coming from.

@[TC] Kyle: I admit that this suggestion may be rather selfish on my side, as I've just recently discovered that I can snoop on other player's profile and check their net transactions/driven income. The information currently provided tells us a lot, but its that close to being complete.

So why not provide just a little bit more? The transaction history is already there... It's not even necessarily a big modification, I hope.