[TC] Gaming Forums
Westhill Layout - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Westhill Layout (/showthread.php?tid=3093)

Westhill Layout - Tommer - 2012-05-06 15:56

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, I have been working on a new Westhill layout, that features a smooth, flowing, safe design that is pleasing to the eye.

Cattle market has undergone a whole new shape and I have abolished the use of tyrestacks where people are likely to hit them. White markings on the road are now much closer and evenly spaced out, and turning lanes are of a comfortable width and in reasonable placement.

After today's last finishing polishes, I am happy with the final product.

I personally believe you will find this layout a pleasure to drive on, as compared to the Westhill layout currently live on the [TC] Servers.

If you would like this layout on the servers, or have a comment / improvements, please post below.

A preview of the Cattle market road layout;

[Image: scaled.php?server=85&filename=ca...es=landing]

Downloads

Layout

Modified Chalk/Pit Lines

RE: Westhill Layout - Johan. - 2012-05-06 18:33

It's a nice layout Tommer! I like it.

RE: Westhill Layout - Lewis - 2012-05-06 18:44

Very nice Tommer!!

RE: Westhill Layout - Chill . - 2012-05-06 20:11

Very nice ! Please use this in TC !

RE: Westhill Layout - Cola - 2012-05-06 20:20

Yes please. I've tested this thoroughly, very nice layout, big +1 from here Thumbup

RE: Westhill Layout - FR4NOx - 2012-05-06 21:36

I'm in love with the layout.

+1

RE: Westhill Layout - =WOLF=[NO] - 2012-05-06 22:01

Havent tested it, but looks nice and clean in both directions(and still driftable Tongue )

I would not go against it used on the server Wink

RE: Westhill Layout - Tommer - 2012-05-06 22:04

Yes I purposely kept it driftable for our Wolfy and the drifters of the community Tongue (Ofcourse in such a way they cant crash others though!)

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming and we might see change Smile

RE: Westhill Layout - =WOLF=[NO] - 2012-05-06 22:09

Hehe, glad you are keeping it ™DB-friendly Biggrin

RE: Westhill Layout - Pete - 2012-05-07 00:03

Perhaps if you didn't ram this layout down our throats, we might actually take a serious look at it.

I like some parts of this but please, give it a break...

RE: Westhill Layout - Tommer - 2012-05-07 00:36

My sincere apologies that you feel I am overbearing, I just got a little annoyed when people are fighting over removing/not removing westhill at the same time i upload a layout that's taken me a working week to finish Tongue

RE: Westhill Layout - Josh - 2012-05-07 00:38

(2012-05-07 00:36)Tommer Wrote:  My sincere apologies that you feel I am overbearing

Oh please Glare

RE: Westhill Layout - Bez - 2012-05-07 08:07

Nice work again Tommer! Hope TC decide to take the layout on board. As its lovely to drive and very city like! I think this is what TC is missing some real city like layouts! It is City Driving after all? Wink

RE: Westhill Layout - Kyllone - 2012-05-07 11:55

This truly should be taken to use as quick as possible, awesome work Ohmy

100 times better than the current one. Would give for me atleast, some more intress to come to the server again.

+1

RE: Westhill Layout - Nipper - 2012-05-09 08:24

I think TC don't like the way you have gone about it Tommer.

Layout looks great though, easy to drive at high speeds, about as dangerous as a de-clawed kitten. I like it. Can't fault you on the work you have done.

However, I can point out the faults you made that has rubbed TC up the wrong way.

Comments like "I personally believe you will find this layout a pleasure to drive on, as compared to the Westhill layout currently live on the [TC] Servers" could have been avoided in favor of something more neutral, such as "I believe you will find this layout a pleasure to drive on", see what I did there? I said the same as you did, without the little kick to TC.

Also, the superiority you seem to have, you are essentially going about saying you are much much better at making a layout than TC, whether this is true or not, is regardless.
I feel this way from statements such as "No tyrestacks where people WILL hit them unlike [TC]'s typical layouts". Once again, a little kick to TC. (From another thread)

Some more, "Did I mention it flows like a city should?", I make from this that you believe the current TC layouts aren't flowing like a city should, once again, a nice little kick to TC.

"Far less physics objects (EG, Tyrestacks)"
"Did I mention how much I hate the over-use of tyre stacks?"
Maybe some people like them? I don't know, I never really cared one way or the other, easy to avoid, if someone hits them about the place, still, easy to avoid if you are a good driver. If you are a good driver you would have slowed down seeing that there is tire stacks (You are from the UK right? Why do you spell tire wrong? Just a side), thus improving your chances to avoid collisions due to the reduced speed.

"Yeah I'm pretty much inactive on [TC].. It's just kind of sad that the main reason is normally that I feel the layouts just are.. Ugh"
So you would be active more if they used your layouts?
Screams superiority to me.

All the above is not the best way to go about getting someone to do something for you.

Aside from all that, the layout itself is great, I really love it. Although I have never driven on the current TC westhill layout (atleast probably not) so I can't compare the 2, however, yours stands well on its own merits. Good work.

RE: Westhill Layout - Tommer - 2012-05-09 08:42

Thanks Nipper for the compliments about the layout Smile

Yeah, looking back on what I wrote I can see what you mean, I guess I was being a bit of a grouch, I've had the cold all week and broke up with my ex so I wasn't in the best of moods but was trying to keep myself busy.. I didn't really mean to have a go at [TC] I just wanted to make a positive improvement and I've gone the wrong way about it.. Sorry :/

RE: Westhill Layout - Nipper - 2012-05-09 08:48

It's right dude, I am more in favor of conflict resolution these days. Having a long term girl can do that to you, change your entire personality I mean. Tongue

I miss single life some.

Anyway, moving on..

Also, you have made a positive improvement, judging from all the "+1"'s sitting in this thread. Wink

RE: Westhill Layout - Paul - 2012-05-09 12:40

Ahey !

I've been testing youre setup today as promised.

If really loved it, you've done an great job making this so great !
I cannot wait to see this on the tc forums, somehow i've been driving around couple of laps to try racing/drifting/cruising/Flying.
Everything managed to work on your setup !

RE: Westhill Layout - Pete - 2012-05-10 12:25

By "Setup", do you mean "Layout" ?

RE: Westhill Layout - Paul - 2012-05-13 23:49

Oh fail yes I do Tongue