[TC] Gaming Forums
Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway (/showthread.php?tid=31099)

Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - Dino - 2019-04-14 12:07

Hi,

what happens if a suspect ends up on the other side of the oval/autobahn and goes on and escapes from the cops?

Situation happened today - where (IMO) it was even civilians fault for ending up wrongway (crashing and cop just not having enough time to react). Would it even matter?

Replay: https://uploadir.com/u/42pqm2jd
Timestamp: 11:18

[Image: 5cb321fc15ef6-ss1.jpg]
[Image: 5cb32212dae74-ss2.jpg]
[Image: 5cb322242475a-ss3.jpg]

[Image: 5cb3243abcae7-GIF.gif]

I was banned by Ash for this some time ago for exactly the same incident, however the replay isn't avaliable anymore. I ended up wrongway to the chase direction due to a PIT or crash and escaped by going on (not wrongway).
Ash Wrote:You was on the wrongside of the Autobahn in comparison to your pursuit. You drove away and gained an unfair advantage. Ban justified.

We are quite unsure about this on the server right now (including an admin) how to handle this.

Thanks,
D

RE: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - Thomas - 2019-04-14 12:20

Server Rules Wrote:10.0.1. Do Not drive on the wrong side of the Autobahn
Driving wrong way on Autobahn sections is strictly forbidden, even during chases.
If you find yourself on the wrong side of the Autobahn while being chased, you are expected to turn around, slow down and wait for the cops to catch up. You must not gain an advantage.
Autobahn sections' names will contain the word "Autobahn" or "A.Bahn".

The Servers rules seems to be pretty clear on this - if you get on the opposite side of the Autobahn relative to the cops chasing you, you are expected to turn wait for the cops, and not run off as in this case (according to your gif).

RE: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - Tris - 2019-04-14 12:38

Just adding my opinion to this.

The way I see it is that it wasn't my fault that I ended up on the wrong side, true I did hit the barrier but I wouldn't have gone over without the extra shove from behind/underneath.

The only rules I can find that apply to this situation are:

"(3.11) - Doing stunts to gain advantage in chase is forbidden. (e.g. jumping over fences/walls/barriers)."

I didn't do a stunt, I did end up over the barrier but it was not directly because of my own actions (the bump from behind). It did happen to give me an advantage but I don't see how that rule would apply if I never intended/wanted to gain an advantage.

"(10.01) Do Not drive on the wrong side of the Autobahn
Driving wrong way on Autobahn sections is strictly forbidden, even during chases.
If you find yourself on the wrong side of the Autobahn while being chased, you are expected to turn around, slow down and wait for the cops to catch up. You must not gain an advantage."

I didn't drive in the wrong direction at all, the only reason why I ended up on the wrong side in relation to the chase was because of contact from the cop in the chase, I don't see how I'm expected to stop because of a disadvantage the cop gave to themselves.

As I said in game I'm willing to refund if I'm actually in the wrong here but I couldn't get any exact clarification at the time.

RE: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - Barney - 2019-04-14 12:54

(2019-04-14 12:07)Dino Wrote:  ...
what happens if a suspect ends up on the other side of the oval/autobahn...?

Server Rules Wrote:10.0.1. Do Not drive on the wrong side of the Autobahn
If you find yourself on the wrong side of the Autobahn while being chased, you are expected to turn around, slow down and wait for the cops to catch up.

You even phrased it almost like it is stated in the rules. Funfact: it was somehow always tolerated until you got banned for it. Since then it was always forbidden and punished.

€: the incident Dino is referring to: https://imgur.com/qiIXM3q
Then continued towards the roundabout which lead to a ban.

RE: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - Marty - 2019-04-14 13:36

The thing is, the hit of the cop made him go WW, even if it was unintentional.
The suspect didnt go WW himself, he went WW because of the nudge.
I dont really see how the suspect is then supposed to wait for the chase to catch up.
If a cop goes WW on a two-way road and hits traffic, is suspect supposed to wait as well?

RE: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - AOR Nova - 2019-04-14 14:45

This is like the second face similar to my Autobahn ww experience. Seems like the no-WW rule is biased more in favor of Cops - which I can understand the reason, but then again if the Cop's actions result in the suspect going wrong way on the opposite side of the fence I see no reason why the suspect should get busted for it, or wait, even.

Like Marty said, if the cop went wrong way and is stuck, no one should wait for him. This itself of course is not viable for Suspects because every WW-ing incident cannot result in "suspect is allowed to escape", but again refer to my first paragraph..

RE: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - Ice - 2019-04-14 14:58

The rules are clear cut.

Because of reasons like yours, suspects are EXPECTED to always wait if they flip over, regardless if their fault or not.

The reason why is because it's a thin line between your and cops fault in 99% cases.

RE: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - AOR Nova - 2019-04-14 15:01

(2019-04-14 14:58)Ice Wrote:  The rules are clear cut.

Because of reasons like yours, suspects are EXPECTED to always wait if they flip over, regardless if their fault or not.

The reason why is because it's a thin line between your and cops fault in 99% cases.

But in that 1% case like this, shouldn't there be democracy and there be an allowance for the suspect to escape and settle the dispute (if there's one) through a formal forum report/protest?

Biasness towards Cops has to end somewhere. Not everything a suspect does is his/her fault and Cops know this. Acknowledging the blame is just part of the process but an actual investigation and possibility for a suspect to explain his reason for escape should be made standard through the forum.

RE: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - Ice - 2019-04-14 15:06

No.

RE: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - Tris - 2019-04-14 15:14

Ok, I'll refund it.

However can you please explain to me how that can be considered in any way fair? (In both this situation and the one referenced previously.) What you're saying is if cop makes a mistake that gives themselves a disadvantage, while in turn causing extreme damage to the suspect's car, that the suspect has to wait for the cop to then recover from the disadvantage they brought upon themselves and continue the chase while bearing the damage from that mistake.

EDIT:
2019-04-14 15:23:52 UTC -400 € that should be close to what the fine would be 「OK」 Dino [COP]

EDIT2:
If the rules are so clear cut why couldn't the admin online solve it at the time?

RE: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - Ice - 2019-04-14 15:51

I don't know who admin was, but to avoid further misinterpretations of the rule, it will stay that way.

RE: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - Chuck - 2019-04-14 16:16

There is a little misunderstanding about that rule though. The rule was made to keep a little chance alive that the chase can continue and it surely comes from times when turning on the AB was actually possible.
True is that you have to wait for the cops, but false is that you're automatically busted or have to give up. It's up to the cops to find a way to continue the chase, if they can't find one, it's their own problem.

RE: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - AOR Nova - 2019-04-15 02:05

(2019-04-14 15:14)Tris Wrote:  

Ok, I'll refund it.

However can you please explain to me how that can be considered in any way fair? (In both this situation and the one referenced previously.) What you're saying is if cop makes a mistake that gives themselves a disadvantage, while in turn causing extreme damage to the suspect's car, that the suspect has to wait for the cop to then recover from the disadvantage they brought upon themselves and continue the chase while bearing the damage from that mistake.

EDIT:
2019-04-14 15:23:52 UTC -400 € that should be close to what the fine would be 「OK」 Dino [COP]

EDIT2:
If the rules are so clear cut why couldn't the admin online solve it at the time?

Exactly the point and problem..

RE: Kyoto - Suspect ending up wrongway - Dino - 2019-04-15 08:25

Tris, I partly get your point. Guess what, I was surprised by getting banned from Ash as well hence I did an unban request.

It's not about the few hundred insim (which I'll share with the cops who were in the chase tho when I am online next time). And I am still saying it is your fault that you ended up wrongway. Of course it was my hit that made u go there, but after all it was a result of you trying to trick me (nice try bruvaaaaaa) and your fail to hit the barrier, which made me go into you. But as it was pointed out, it doesn't really matter anyway.

My point however is that I was banned for a similar move and in this case an admin rules that "everything was alright". I was asked to make a thread about it and I suppose the outcome is:
If you flip/end up wrongway to chase direction: WAIT.

And if it happens to you, me or anyone else again as suspect, we know what we have to do now.

Problem remains that if it happens on a part of the map where the cops can only come to the suspect's side of the autobahn by losing contact because of going a wide/long circle, but that's less likely and bad luck after all then for the cops probably (see Chuck's post).