[TC] Gaming Forums
Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? (/showthread.php?tid=31387)

Pages: 1 2

Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - BP - 2019-06-14 17:42

Hi,

Firstly, this thread isn't being created on behalf of [TC] Gaming. This is solely me being curious.

As you probably know, Corby has been sitting on [TC] CityDriving Three for maybe a few years (with some interruptions here and there), however it's hardly ever utilised. I'm just wondering what the main reasons are for this.

I guess the main motivation for me making this thread is that I'm getting increasingly bored of the other tracks and I'm thinking it'd be nice for Corby to be populated now and again.

Please vote in the poll (it's multiple choice) and reply below. Smile

BP

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Borja - 2019-06-14 17:59

Hey, has been a while since I'm away of LFS, but, I will post my pov.

Taking in count that it's cops'n'robers server, what sense have to an empty server? Been in a empty server lonely isn't fun. People goes where people is.

Instead of, if there are some players (2-3 for example) then will catch someone's attention, then will be 5-6 and then more people will join.

What we need is a dummy that join server first Tongue

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Kyle - 2019-06-14 18:37

I'm not sure if anyone agrees with me here, but Rockingham is so small and boring if there's only a few players on. You only have the oval and the inside of it, unlike Kyoto. I've never actually had a chance to play with a full server since I wasn't as active on LFS when it was first introduced and when it was double income Sad It's a shame, really.

Also I'm sure that a lot of people don't go on Three because, as Borja quite rightly said, it's a cops and robbers server - what's the point in playing on your own?

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Ras - 2019-06-14 18:43

I don't necessarily dislike Corby, i'm just not gonna sit in it alone like others have said.

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - BP - 2019-06-14 18:49

It's been apparent for quite some time that most people don't want to play on an empty server, nor be the one to "start it off" so to speak. This is perfectly understandable.

However, I needed to include that option for obvious reasons.

If that's the only applicable option for people, that's a good sign. It could indicate that simply gathering a group of players to hop on at once, and then advertising that fact, could be enough to have it populated now and again. This would be nice to break things up a little bit, at least in my opinion. Hopefully we'll see this in the near future.

That said, I was wondering if anyone had any gripes with the current layout, or is it fine?

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Marty - 2019-06-14 19:00

For me, the reason I dont go on Corby alone, is that the track is quite small in width with lots of guardrails. So, there is quite a chance you get rolled over somehow, and I dont want to lose kms coz I cant be rescued. I quite enjoy Corby, there is not a real flow imo, but its quirky and has things you dont really find in other tracks.

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Sam - 2019-06-14 19:06

Buying S3 for one piece of content isn't worth it for most people.

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - BP - 2019-06-14 19:11

(2019-06-14 19:06)Sam Wrote:  Buying S3 for one piece of content isn't worth it for most people.

Wouldn't expect anyone to buy S3 at this stage. However, a lot of people bought S3 when it was first released, as they either wanted to support LFS, and/or expected more content to come soon after.

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Marty - 2019-06-14 19:16

(2019-06-14 19:11)BP Wrote:  
(2019-06-14 19:06)Sam Wrote:  Buying S3 for one piece of content isn't worth it for most people.

Wouldn't expect anyone to buy S3 at this stage. However, a lot of people bought S3 when it was first released, as they either wanted to support LFS, and/or expected more content to come soon after.

This, I still wanted to support the devs, and I actually had an issue joining LFS Servers and thought it was related to S3 (it wasnt). So more of an accidental purchase, but I dont mind having spent the money.

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Sadie - 2019-06-14 20:35

I do not have S3, and I do not plan on getting it for access to an very inactive server. Neither do I plan to get it to populate the server once or twice, as I do not believe it is possible to get it reguarly active with it being the only S3 content we have.

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Josh - 2019-06-14 23:08

I eventually bought S3 a few years after the release. I bought it to see what Rockingham (and to a point Corby) was like as well as just simply upgrading to the full game.

I enjoy playing a couple of the configs in single player, either racing or a track day, however as people have said playing online on a cruise server on your own isn’t really that much fun. I haven’t driven much of the Corby layout but I don’t think it offers anything more than most of the S2 tracks we run.

We could try and get it populated but I can’t see it lasting.

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Sky - 2019-06-15 01:00

All of the points are right, the track may be small, the layout may be making it even smaller and something that is boring.

The intersections pf course need improvements, the way the intersections are right now is an out-dated idea. I think nowadays if the track is remade, there will be more traffic lights, which makes cruising on Corby ideally fun.

Its empty, but im down to join it and bring people! Again, If it was for cruising, Corby would be real fun. I think we should plan, like, you’re of course appreciated to join anytime, but to initiate the population process, we group join the server every 2 days at least

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Bez - 2019-06-15 02:57

I was actually working on the Corby layout a few weeks ago, trying to eliminate most of the barriers to make it enjoyable to drive. I only finished the roundabout:

Before:
[Image: OMZny6h.png]

After:
[Image: HJtGwCx.png]

Not sure yet if anything will become of it.

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Carl - 2019-06-15 09:38

I like your layout adjustments. I think freeing up some more space so the track isn't as restrictive might change peoples opinion on the track.

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - BP - 2019-06-15 10:13

I like it, Bez

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Yukine - 2019-06-15 15:06

In my opinion having a roundabout every 2,4km is too much. Again, from my point of view, getting overpasses and a free round highway would be better suited. Edit: I meant "ring-road".

Corby's layout lacks the 'citydriving' feel but I can't put my finger on what cause it.

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Alex. - 2019-06-15 16:47

(2019-06-15 15:06)Bruno_G Wrote:  In my opinion having a roundabout every 2,4km is too much. Again, from my point of view, getting overpasses and a free round highway would be better suited. Edit: I meant "ring-road".

Corby's layout lacks the 'citydriving' feel but I can't put my finger on what cause it.
I like your idea but it will be nascar just driving in high speeds in circles Unsure

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Jimmy - 2019-06-15 17:27

Its a short track

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Titan - 2019-06-15 18:35

very good track but TC has deform the layout

RE: Why don't you play on Corby (Rockingham)? - Bez - 2019-06-15 21:15

Did a little more today:

Before:
[Image: azZWh1r.png]

After:
[Image: y2aGza5.png]

Also added a Gas station next to the Roundabout:
[Image: dbulemY.png]