[TC] Gaming Forums
Gumball 2019 - Discussion - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Official Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Event Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+----- Forum: Gumball 2019 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: Gumball 2019 - Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=31548)

Gumball 2019 - Discussion - Kyle - 2019-07-14 14:02

[Image: threadtitleimagev2-1.png]

DISCUSSION

Please use this thread to discuss anything Gumball related.

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - Ras - 2019-07-16 14:55

Hope you're all ready for this. Make sure you realise this Gumball is different to the usual. Read through the threads to get up to date. Smile

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - Ice - 2019-07-16 16:22

As i mentioned in this thread i will be leading a Q&A on TC Teamspeak and TC Discord at 19:00 UTC+1 (20:00 CEST)!

If you have any questions regarding this years changed format of gumball, feel free to join and ask!

Team sign-ups are also opening up soon, make sure to read up on preparation to register your team here.

Quote:Team Registration: Opens on Tuesday 16th July 2019 at 18:00 UTC +1

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - GT4tube - 2019-07-18 16:54

[Image: z16fmOd.png]
I have an idea (suggestion for gumball!)

Suggestion gumball:

500km Stage. - Easy mode Badge Stage
1000km Stage - Hard mode Badge Stage
2000km Stage - Expert Mode Badge Stage (need high class car for weekend)

Cool idea? Smile

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - Ice - 2019-07-19 07:07

That is a good suggestion and is definitely going to be a consideration in future events!

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - Felipe Jardim - 2019-07-20 01:27

exchange westhill for Jamaica plz

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - Sky - 2019-07-20 12:52

tbh i would like to see Blackwood and westhill in gumball, never seen before, or only me at least, but yeah jamaica is much more fitting for Gumball than Westhill or Blackwood

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - Ice - 2019-07-20 13:23

We had concerns regarding Jamaica being added into the rotation, that is why it was not picked Smile

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - THE WIZARD DK - 2019-07-23 05:54

perhaps to future events work on something for all tracks. then it could be stages aswell each day and tracks change pr day as to in real life you would probably cross some borders and see new landscapes in a gumball . so the entire gumball is one long drive but on different tracks covering all LFS tracks along the way. (this was actually a lfs suggestion once to have some road on a massive map that went to all the tracks in lfs(open world)). i think that also could give some memories of it tbh. "things people will remember for a long time after".
i think that could be worth to consider atleast.

with that said .
then i just like to know if i am to use sound so i can hear what others say. which would be best to use. discord or TS ? because i see no reason for using 2. but i think in a gumball i should be able to hear if something up or not. but kinda got lost towards which of the 2 will be the most useful to use regarding gumball information and such?

Happy Gumball to everyone Smile

EDIT: i had some major issues when i register here on forums and also servers ingame not showing up in serverlist.
will i experience this during the gumball? because then its gonna be really hard i think.
issues on forums was infact several Cloudfare errors. i was told you are aware of these but im going to mention it because the warning i recieved due to this very issue as i could not post elsewhere. i am not trying to get it removed and fully understand you need to keep to forum rules. but the thing here is. the very forum didnt work. and that is why i am asking if i can expect more of these errors and i seem to also still have a minor issue with serverlist somehow. (i check everything from my part today). meaning not always tc servers show up in list. i was told there had been a "issue" and this was the cause. i understand that . but would somehow also like to know if fixed is really just what i ask here.

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - Kyle - 2019-07-23 08:50

(2019-07-23 05:54)THE WIZARD DK Wrote:  perhaps to future events work on something for all tracks. then it could be stages aswell each day and tracks change pr day as to in real life you would probably cross some borders and see new landscapes in a gumball . so the entire gumball is one long drive but on different tracks covering all LFS tracks along the way. (this was actually a lfs suggestion once to have some road on a massive map that went to all the tracks in lfs(open world)). i think that also could give some memories of it tbh. "things people will remember for a long time after".
i think that could be worth to consider atleast.
Yes you would in real-life, but it would be way too much to ask for Ice to come on and change the track every-day. Plus we only have 6 proper S2 tracks so they would come around again quite easily.

(2019-07-23 05:54)THE WIZARD DK Wrote:  with that said .
then i just like to know if i am to use sound so i can hear what others say. which would be best to use. discord or TS ? because i see no reason for using 2. but i think in a gumball i should be able to hear if something up or not. but kinda got lost towards which of the 2 will be the most useful to use regarding gumball information and such?
To be honest, I would just go on what's most popular when you look - I know that when the opening night happens, people should try to come onto TeamSpeak so the marshalls can give instructions for the starting podium (at least this is what it was like in 2017). Lots of people will probably stay on TeamSpeak after this so it's probably your best bet, for the first night at least.

Now, about the server/forum issues. I'm afraid there is not really a lot we can do to prevent this. If you remember last year, we had lots of DDoS attacks on our server which actually resulted in Gumball getting paused. We hope this is not the case again this year but if there are any serious issues, I'm sure it will be paused to make it fair for everyone.

P.S. If you do get forum 520 errors, you can normally just hit 'F5' a few times and it will come back on again.

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - Clas - 2019-07-31 15:49

Will there be live reporting Gumball Radio during the rally?

Could someone make a gumball background pack?

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - TAZxx - 2019-07-31 16:30

Some Radio members will be broadcasting throughout Gumball.

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - Carl - 2019-07-31 18:48

Just over 24hrs until the skin submission deadline, be sure to submit your creations!

https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=31630

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - Kyle - 2019-08-01 19:32

Gumballs starts in just over 24 hours. If you haven't registered yet, it is not too late!

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - THE WIZARD DK - 2019-08-04 07:15

made a little Gumball "feel".
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=29441&pid=277720#pid277720

RE: Gumball 2019 - Discussion - GT4tube - 2019-08-31 09:11

(2019-07-18 16:54)GT4tube Wrote:  [Image: z16fmOd.png]
I have an idea (suggestion for gumball!)

Suggestion gumball:

500km Stage. - Easy mode Badge Stage
1000km Stage - Hard mode Badge Stage
2000km Stage - Expert Mode Badge Stage (need high class car for weekend)

Cool idea? Smile

that a bit be boring, when people said..

Maybe better this:

400km Easy Stage Badge
700km Hard Stage Badge
1000km Expert Stage Badge (500km x 2 in weekend)

Or make Suggestion Vote poll.

Next year see ya again Smile