[TC] Gaming Forums
Does this count as stunting? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Does this count as stunting? (/showthread.php?tid=31670)

Does this count as stunting? - Tingle - 2019-08-07 23:01

[Image: DHGalpM.png]

I have seen this happen a few times now. The robber follows the black line and ends up hitting the ramp at a particular angle (indicated by the orange star), they then land in location A or B. The cop (following the blue line), on the other hand, is left on the bridge.

This can put the cop at a significant disadvantage, especially if traffic piles up behind them after the incident meaning they are unable to reverse down the bridge. If the suspect lands in location B, this problem is exacerbated because they only need to take a left turn to be on their way to victory.

Does this count as stunting or not? This has happened to me a few times and the suspects state it wasn't intentional and so it doesn't count as stunting.

Can an admin verify if this is stunting or not and/or if the suspect's allowed to continue as normal if the scenario above occurs?

RE: Does this count as stunting? - Nathan - 2019-08-08 06:03

If intentional i would say yes its stunting but there is every chance that the suspect would land on the barrier and get launched or end up on their roof. The suspect if doing this intentionally would be clearly breaking rule 3.11

It may be worth a small redesign in this area to solve this issue.

"3.11. Stunts & Stunt Areas

- Participating in stunt events is not allowed (e.g. climbing on fun structures). However, you may pass through the designated stunt areas.
- Doing stunts to gain advantage in chase is forbidden. (e.g. jumping over fences/walls/barriers)."

If it was me and it looked like they had just went to quickly,crashed into the left side barrier which in turn launched them across into the right side barrier and subsequently over the barrier id probably just carry on with the chase.

RE: Does this count as stunting? - Carl - 2019-08-08 07:42

Discussing this matter internally, we’ll respond here with an official answer to this soon.

RE: Does this count as stunting? - Tingle - 2019-08-08 08:26

Thank you.

@Nathan; yes they do risk landing on a barrier or ending up on their roof, but I have found it to be when the suspect knows they aren't getting away that, for them, it makes perfect sense to try their luck. If they land on their roof, fine, they were going to get busted anyway. If they don't, it's a great outcome for them.

Even if a genuine accident, I would have thought rule 10.0.1 would apply in a similar fashion to if a car ended up on the wrong side of the autobahn by accident, i.e. "you must not gain an advantage". I think the bridge situation is even worse because of how narrow it is. If a cop has to reverse down the bridge, it can cause other cars heading in the direction of the bridge to either hit into the back of you, or, to dramatically slow you down (because it is so narrow there is nowhere else to go, i.e. other cars cannot slide past you to avoid a collision).

RE: Does this count as stunting? - Tingle - 2019-08-17 12:01

I was just wondering if there had been any update on this?

RE: Does this count as stunting? - Nathan - 2019-08-17 14:47

(2019-08-17 12:01)Tingle Wrote:  I was just wondering if there had been any update on this?

Tingle, this is still being discussed internally we will update in due course

RE: Does this count as stunting? - Cam - 2019-08-17 18:41

I genuinely believe the FXO wins on this one.

RE: Does this count as stunting? - Dino - 2019-08-19 08:02

If escaping after you ended up on the other side of the oval (no matter how, PIT, lag, stunt) is against the rules and banable (I personally served a ban for going on after I was pitted/pushed to the other side of the oval) then suspects definitely can not go on and escape in this scenario.

It doesn't matter if you intentionally stunted or if you made a driving mistake - you somehow have to wait and let the cops catch up. This might be problematic if they can't reverse on the bridge tho.

GIF of sth kind of relevant:
Just my 2 cents

RE: Does this count as stunting? - AOR Nova - 2019-08-19 18:01

Any driving action that results in the trajectory of the car altering away from the preset paths intended to be driven on would be considered stunting, if it were me.

That's how I view the no stunt rule. If a car travelling on road A gets hit or rolls over onto another road that is not physically possible to transition to via normal means of driving.