[TC] Gaming Forums
Training Server open? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Training Server open? (/showthread.php?tid=31984)

Training Server open? - canglez - 2019-10-25 05:57

I think it is a good idea that the Training Server could be used by everyone to train the maneuvers and improve driving.

Currently there are no areas to train and improve without disturbing other users or breaking the rules, so I think some exercises could be put in place to improve driving in general and for police training.

Thanks for your work.

RE: Training Server open? - Sadie - 2019-10-25 06:23

You are not allowed within the Training Server unless you have organised a training with a trainer, or without permission from a Lead Trainer.

(2019-10-25 05:57)canglez Wrote:  Currently there are no areas to train and improve without disturbing other users or breaking the rules, so I think some exercises could be put in place to improve driving in general and for police training.

You have server two (and three if you have S3), and aswell there is a singleplayer option.

RE: Training Server open? - Carl - 2019-10-25 12:51

I get what you are saying but I don't think it'd be very popular. The actual training server must remain private as a training could happen at any time during the day.

Your best bet is as Sadie said, Server 2 & 3. Unless you have a much more detailed idea to improve copping, I doubt anything will come of this. Best way to practice is to actually cop on the server and over time you will get better.

RE: Training Server open? - Raphi - 2019-10-25 16:13

I agree on what others said: [TC] training server was, is and must stay private, in case the staff need an empty server to train people who "really" need it (cop license revoked, etc...)

If you aren't sure that your cop skills are enough to play on the main server, then train with friends on the two other servers, chase them and let them chase you. Try to detect your mistakes and learn from that.
Also, start spectating other players when they cop, especially TC team staff; they receive a rather "hard" training, and I, for example, consider them as an example of "how to cop on TC" basically.

RE: Training Server open? - canglez - 2019-10-26 06:24

It is true. I had not thought that a private place is needed to do the training.

I hope you understand my question. I think that facing exercises that you have never practiced for the first time is quite difficult.

Nor do I know if what I propose is difficult for you to do.

Thank you very much for your responses.

RE: Training Server open? - Borja - 2019-10-26 11:03

I get your point. As an advice, long time ago what I did for training is just play on single player and then add some IA cars. Then try to PIT them, try to block them, and this will give you a point on some moves Smile

RE: Training Server open? - Kyle - 2019-10-26 14:35

As others have said, it's paramount the actual server stays shut for training.

If you ever need some to chase and practice on, give me a shout. I'm sure we can work something out.

RE: Training Server open? - canglez - 2019-10-27 06:35

Thank you very much to everyone for your help.
See you at the track.