[TC] Gaming Forums
Suggestion for better roleplay - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Suggestion for better roleplay (/showthread.php?tid=32192)

Suggestion for better roleplay - vaideliokk - 2019-12-23 18:02

I suggest using discord and talking in it for better roleplay experience during chases, cruising and etc.

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - Carl - 2019-12-23 18:41

And how do you propose enforcing this?

There are some players who don't have microphones or have limited spoken English, so this would probably prove difficult.

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - Sadie - 2019-12-23 20:00

38 users in the same voice channel would also be quite disturbing.

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - Charlie - 2019-12-23 21:21

(2019-12-23 18:41)Carl Wrote:  And how do you propose enforcing this?

There are some players who don't have microphones or have limited spoken English, so this would probably prove difficult.

Agreed - also sometimes people may just want to chillax on TC, and also sometimes people may not be in the mood to talk Smile

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - Clas - 2019-12-23 22:01

This is something that actually happens sometimes. I agree it would be fun if it happened more often, but as everyone else said; It's something you will have to do yourself without anyone enforcing it. Just ask your friends on TC to hop on discord while playing!

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - Stephen - 2019-12-24 08:31

Some people also don't have headphones and listen to music on their speakers

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - Titan - 2019-12-24 10:07

I think that people should decide for themselves ... again such a senseless contribution Smile

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - Yukine - 2019-12-24 12:26

(2019-12-23 18:02)vaideliokk Wrote:  I suggest using discord and talking in it for better roleplay experience during chases, cruising and etc.

Using Discord is already a possibility, enforcing it would simply put people aside.
Carl pretty much described it.

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - Marty - 2019-12-24 12:56

I dont see him saying anything about enforcing it.
However, there are reasons I dont use it, and rarely ever am active in Discord VC.

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - Pete - 2019-12-25 18:04

The OP didn't suggest making it compulsory.

Anyone who was around between '07 to ~'12 will remember just how many people used to use our TS every day for roleplay things and other social activities.

Lead by example folks and just start doing it if you're interested to do it. It's the only way to bring that culture back that this community sorely misses.

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - Raphi - 2019-12-26 12:45

(2019-12-25 18:04)Pete Wrote:  The OP didn't suggest making it compulsory.

Anyone who was around between '07 to ~'12 will remember just how many people used to use our TS every day for roleplay things and other social activities.

Lead by example folks and just start doing it if you're interested to do it. It's the only way to bring that culture back that this community sorely misses.

I definitely second this. I went online on TS for some time but no one wanted to join so I guess it's more related to whether players want to join voice chat or not...

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - fWANKy - 2019-12-26 13:47

(2019-12-25 18:04)Pete Wrote:  The OP didn't suggest making it compulsory.

and also the day to day forum banter has gone too, most regulars on the servers dont even sign up to the forums

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - Sky - 2019-12-27 07:26

TC is an will always be a texting based Role-play Citydriving game, so i don't approve

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - Titan - 2019-12-27 09:33

(2019-12-27 07:26)Sky Wrote:  TC is an will always be a texting based Role-play Citydriving game, so i don't approve

lol sky Smile

I think tc does everything right .. if you want to speak you can go to TS .. I don't think discord is so great for speaking

RE: Suggestion for better roleplay - Sky - 2019-12-27 15:34

(2019-12-24 10:07)Titan Wrote:  I think that people should decide for themselves ... again such a senseless contribution Smile

Good point. those who want a better experience can go on voice. enforcing wont work