[TC] Gaming Forums
Stuck bind - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Help Requests & Technical Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Stuck bind (/showthread.php?tid=32237)

Stuck bind - Atthis - 2020-01-08 00:13

Hello!
in these days my laptop keyboard gone crazy and started to spam the F1 bind Smile during the game. I've chanched to other thing and tryed to delete the bind, all good until it started again to spam Smile while the f1 bind was empty! i've lost almost 2500€ in a stream of fines for spam.
i've reinstalled lfs but it still spamming that devil Smile
any idea to solve this?
For admin...is it possible to have a refund?

RE: Stuck bind - Borja - 2020-01-08 08:16

It's important to know if it's only a LFS problem or just happens in other programs too.

RE: Stuck bind - S L A V R - 2020-01-08 09:00

1- Disconnect the keyboard If he does not do anything, then the problem is from the keyboard itself

2- Another possibility is a virus in a device or a malfunction in the device [Image: animated-pc-and-computer-virus-image-0007.gif]

RE: Stuck bind - BP - 2020-01-08 09:15

Quote:For admin...is it possible to have a refund?

Unfortunately we will not be able to offer a refund

RE: Stuck bind - Tris - 2020-01-08 13:01

I saw you struggling with it in game, a possible temporary fix would be to replace it with a random useless command so it doesn't spam chat (!abcd or /abcd).

RE: Stuck bind - Yukine - 2020-01-08 13:05

(2020-01-08 13:01)Tris Wrote:  I saw you struggling with it in game, a possible temporary fix would be to replace it with a random useless command so it doesn't spam chat (!abcd).

Even if it's an "invalid command" I think it would count towards kick for spam.

Making the bind empty should be better.

Edit: As Tris said and tested, / instead of ! would work.

RE: Stuck bind - Tris - 2020-01-08 14:06

(2020-01-08 13:05)Bruno_G Wrote:  Even if it's an "invalid command" I think it would count towards kick for spam.

Making the bind empty should be better.

The problem is he can't make the bind empty, if it's left empty it reverts back to Smile, I thought this might be a problem right after I posted it which is why I edited to add "or /abcd" since I don't think / commands would count towards command spam.

Edit: I just tested and commands starting with / don't count towards command spam

RE: Stuck bind - Atthis - 2020-01-08 20:28

(2020-01-08 14:06)Tris Wrote:  The problem is he can't make the bind empty, if it's left empty it reverts back to Smile, I thought this might be a problem right after I posted it which is why I edited to add "or /abcd" since I don't think / commands would count towards command spam.

Edit: I just tested and commands starting with / don't count towards command spam

I can leave it empty or write different thing even with !show and other thing written in f1 bind it still spam Smile no matter what i write.
The laptop keyboard have for sure some problem ( n,b and other letter doesn't work) in fact it open the help guide at random (f1) but i think the Smile is from some corrupted bind file in the game. i've deletet in misc the f1.something file, let's see if it work

(2020-01-08 09:15)BP Wrote:  
Quote:For admin...is it possible to have a refund?

Unfortunately we will not be able to offer a refund
i'll whait until i fix the problem to rejoin the tc server!

RE: Stuck bind - Clas - 2020-01-08 21:15

Did you spill anything on your keyboard? From my googling it seemes that you have to disconnect the keyboard from the motherboard and use a external keyboard if you dont want to replace the one on the laptop.

Maybe this software: https://atnsoft.com/keyremapper/ could work as a temporary fix if you block the key thats malfuncitoning from being pressed.

RE: Stuck bind - Atthis - 2020-01-09 09:19

(2020-01-08 21:15)ClasK_03 Wrote:  Did you spill anything on your keyboard?
No, i didn't. it all started when the n letter stopped working.
(2020-01-08 21:15)ClasK_03 Wrote:  Maybe this software: https://atnsoft.com/keyremapper/ could work as a temporary fix if you block the key thats malfuncitoning from being pressed.
I'm gonna try it! i've disable the win key that was malfunctioning as well making crazy combo wen i was typing opening and blocking the pc.

But apart from the keyboard, the real problem is the Smile stuck in some file of lfs that i'm not able to change! in the f1 bind now there is a Sad but still spamming Smile

RE: Stuck bind - Frozen - 2020-01-09 09:20

(2020-01-09 09:19)Atthis Wrote:  But apart from the keyboard, the real problem is the Smile stuck in some file of lfs that i'm not able to change! in the f1 bind now there is a Sad but still spamming Smile

Change the bind of the F1 key (in LFS) to:

Code:
/:)

With a (/) infront of it. That way you wont receive any spam fines.

RE: Stuck bind - Atthis - 2020-01-19 16:08

(2020-01-09 09:20)Frozen Wrote:  
(2020-01-09 09:19)Atthis Wrote:  But apart from the keyboard, the real problem is the Smile stuck in some file of lfs that i'm not able to change! in the f1 bind now there is a Sad but still spamming Smile

Change the bind of the F1 key (in LFS) to:

Code:
/:)

With a (/) infront of it. That way you wont receive any spam fines.

At the beginning it worked but today it started to spam like a beast! i have lost another 2000€ in a breeze. Other idea to fix it? Maybe a bat will do the job...