[TC] Gaming Forums
Cancel !backup request - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Cancel !backup request (/showthread.php?tid=32641)

Cancel !backup request - Ghutra - 2020-05-09 23:06

A way for the cop that requested backup but either called by mistake/called but realized he won't need it.
Example: pressing a bind for/typing !backup will work as normal, but pressing/typing !backup again would cancel it.

RE: Cancel !backup request - Barney - 2020-05-10 00:53

Not worth any effort. Even if you call by accident (which is pretty rare i think) you can just ask the backup to leave. Apart from that: sharing is caring. You want to join other chases too, so most cops actually call backup not only when „needed“, but rather to share and get called themselves aswell.

RE: Cancel !backup request - Titan - 2020-05-10 08:27

think bee is right .. too much effort for something so small ..
ghutra took a good approach .. but as bee says you can ask the backup if he leaves it..

RE: Cancel !backup request - Sky - 2020-05-14 17:15

It exists i think doesn't it? already if u press it again it will cancel your request im pretty sure, unless its been changed recently i don't know

RE: Cancel !backup request - Carl - 2020-05-14 17:22

(2020-05-14 17:15)Sky Wrote:  It exists i think doesn't it? already if u press it again it will cancel your request im pretty sure, unless its been changed recently i don't know

It works if you are a cop requesting to join, but not for a cop requesting backup. Whilst I'm here, I'll give my opinion. The idea seems fairly nice and straight forward. But I don't really ever call backup by accident. I do however sometimes attempt to accept the wrong join request and/or have to back out quickly to chase someone else, but when you've been chasing someone for at least 2 mins, I don't think this is the case. I'll be voting no on this.

Quote:but realized he won't need it.

This is the most useful part of it, but I don't ever feel inconvenienced if a chase ends before I arrive. I'd rather take a chance of actually catching up and getting that XP without the fear of someone cancelling it when I'm a few metres away and the insim is updating.