[TC] Gaming Forums
- Racist comment/bind (Unban Request Denied by Yukine) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Unban Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Forum: Unban Requests - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+----- Thread: - Racist comment/bind (Unban Request Denied by Yukine) (/showthread.php?tid=32858)

- Racist comment/bind (Unban Request Denied by Yukine) - GAIJIN - 2020-07-24 08:52

● Your LFS Username: dj.b.ill (GAIJIN IN GAME)

● Time & Date of Incident: 23/06/2020 - between 9:00 and 9:30

● Replay / Screenshot Link: Wasn't saved
● Replay Timestamps: N/A

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban: I don't deserve to be un-banned, as the bind was active on my account and as the result of an accidental press, appeared in-game chat. I think 15 days for a fumble on my keyboard, resulting in the bind appearing in-game chat is a little much. A incident between myself and TC staff member Olli, involving me helping a friend to his wheels whilst Olli was a [TOW], escalated to him reporting me for the accidental bind (it was at least 20 minutes after the bind was hit, did the report from Olli actually happen). As stated, I don't deserve to be un-banned, but consideration for it being an accidental bind, and the unprofessional manner in which Olli handled the situation would be greatly appreciated.

Status: Investigation Process. Updated by: Yukine. - Yukine - 2020-07-24 11:59

I have acknowledged your request
Please be patient during this review, I will reply in due course.

RE: Racist comment/bind - Yukine - 2020-07-24 15:17

Hello,
 While I understand how easy it is to mistakenly send a bind, I wonder why you have such one.
Racism is not tolerated on our servers, even as a mistake.

When you say: "[...] the unprofessional manner in which Olli handled the situation", I don't think yours is much better.
Quote:2020-07-23 11:55:14 UTC One (Montana) dj.b.ill GAIJIN : lol oli you realise if you report you're scum

What do you think?

RE: Racist comment/bind - GAIJIN - 2020-07-24 15:56

(2020-07-24 15:17)Yukine Wrote:  Hello,
 While I understand how easy it is to mistakenly send a bind, I wonder why you have such one.
Racism is not tolerated on our servers, even as a mistake.

When you say: "[...] the unprofessional manner in which Olli handled the situation", I don't think yours is much better.
Quote:2020-07-23 11:55:14 UTC One (Montana) dj.b.ill GAIJIN : lol oli you realise if you report you're scum

What do you think?

As stated, I explained to Olli in game the bind was from when I was younger and maintained a server of my own, I quit the game a few months before S3 came out (5 years ago at this point) and haven't checked my binds since. Having the issue that arisen yesterday, I've reworked said bind. I got frustrated, something that was in my control and I wouldn't have hit IF I had realised I had such a bind at my disposal. When Olli decided to report me 20+ minutes after the situation actually happened and even after explaining my slip-up, that's when this quote was said.

Handling of the situation on my part was to change the bind, and sincerely apologise to all in game who witnessed said bind, nobody was actually upset. Olli decided to report me, only after helping a friend back onto his wheels whilst Olli was [TOW]. I do believe this was personal vendetta from Olli for 'stealing' the tow, he wasn't going to report me, until the towing incident. This situation had nothing to do with the bind being hit and was a retaliation for a completely different issue, so yes, the situation was personally motivated for a totally different reason and therefore my belief is the ban should be shortened or nullified because of that.

RE: Racist comment/bind - Yukine - 2020-07-24 19:39

While I may understand your frustration about that incident, it could have been handled without insulting.

That said, about the first half of this incident, I'm taking into account your sincerity and I'm willing to reduce your ban from 15 days to 9 days.

Do you understand and agree with myself on those points?
  • Racism is not tolerated
  • Insulting and/or personal attack aren't tolerated

RE: Racist comment/bind - GAIJIN - 2020-07-25 03:07

(2020-07-24 19:39)Yukine Wrote:  While I may understand your frustration about that incident, it could have been handled without insulting.

That said, about the first half of this incident, I'm taking into account your sincerity and I'm willing to reduce your ban from 15 days to 9 days.

Do you understand and agree with myself on those points?
  • Racism is not tolerated
  • Insulting and/or personal attack aren't tolerated

I understand but don't agree as the personal level in which Olli decided to report me for the incident was VERY unprofessional. You can see by viewing the replay I wasn't in a conversation at the point the bind was hit, I was trying to press escape to pit, and accidentally hit that bind in the process. If I was directing the slur at someone I would totally understand, I am not a Bigot or Racist and this ban is doing nothing to help me 'learn' or to 'think about' what was said. I do think 24 hours is more than enough time in this situation in response to the circumstances.

RE: Racist comment/bind - Yukine - 2020-07-25 17:59

Hello,
 Even if Oli's decision to report you was made from an unrelated incident and "very unprofessional", what does allow you to be verbally abusive?

As I stated before, I understand how a bind could be accidentally sent but you are responsible of their contents.
You are responsible for your own actions.

Do you have anything else to add?

Ps: You did not include a replay in this unban request. If you still find it relevant, feel free to add it.

RE: Racist comment/bind - GAIJIN - 2020-07-26 03:50

(2020-07-25 17:59)Yukine Wrote:  Hello,
 Even if Oli's decision to report you was made from an unrelated incident and "very unprofessional", what does allow you to be verbally abusive?

As I stated before, I understand how a bind could be accidentally sent but you are responsible of their contents.
You are responsible for your own actions.

Do you have anything else to add?

Ps: You did not include a replay in this unban request. If you still find it relevant, feel free to add it.
See this now becomes you defending a friend whilst simultaneously punishing me. How is me saying "if you report you're scum" anything to do with what actually happened? If that's the case, I should be banned for verbal abuse, NOT for racism.

If there's a way for this case to get overlooked by someone who is un-biased (friends with olli) that would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Racist comment/bind - Yukine - 2020-07-26 10:31

We are not biased when we deal with punishments.
We are simply here to enforce the rules and ensure that the server is pleasant and smooth environment for many people of many ages, backgrounds, ethnicities etc, can play on. That's why we are so harsh on racism.

I will not be granting you an unban based upon what I have seen. As mentioned, be glad you only received 15 days for this, because we can be harsher, and will be if anything like this happens again.

I feel to have been reviewed this in an unbiased manner. If you disagree with my decision, please make an unban appeal. However, if unsuccessful, your ban will be extended.

Unban Request Denied
Please read our terms & conditions if you wish to appeal this ban.