[TC] Gaming Forums
Gumball 3000. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Gumball 3000. (/showthread.php?tid=32888)

Gumball 3000. - Kouki - 2020-08-01 11:45

I, [CSR] Kouki, want to preface this statement like so:

The things I'll be saying later in this post are in no way, shape or form demands or conditions forced upon the Staff. Helping me, and the part of the community concerned about this subject, is ultimately at the staff's discretion.

So, there have been talks (and petty arguments) emerging in the [TC] Discord about what the Staff are planning, in the wake of this pandemic shutting everyone in, and the annual Gumball 3000 (presumably) coming upon us.

Many have vilified or praised the Staff, and their handling of events.

All I ask is for clarification, for the Staff to speak out regarding another Gumball 3000, replying if it will be done or not. Even if not, there are Affiliate Teams ready to fill in, and stop the community from being denied an event, especially when activity is in a decline.

I invite the Staff to assist us in this ambiguity regarding the Gumball 3000, and I appreciate the community's support.

RE: Gumball 3000. - Kyle - 2020-08-01 11:56

I'm in no way speaking for the whole of [TC] CityDriving team here, but I wasn't affected by coronavirus too much as I am only a student with little bills to pay.

However, most of the other admins on the team are a lot older than me, some with families. They have to still manage to keep on top of all their bills whilst they were on furlough. I imagine that's why you have seen less admins recently, and also the reason that Gumball just hasn't happened this year.

As I said, I am only giving my opinion and there could be different reasons for no Gumball.

RE: Gumball 3000. - Kouki - 2020-08-01 12:03

That is very understandable.

Of course, real life comes first. LFS is just something to unwind with.

There's no problem with speaking for a few more people, thank you for shedding some light onto this subject either way. Of course, all this is at the Staff's pace.

RE: Gumball 3000. - Titan - 2020-08-01 12:06

6S will support TC in this .. if TC has the possibilities and also has the staff ..

Many years you did a great job thanks for that!

This year is just a difficult year .. if gumball does not take place I would fully understand it .. and wish you all the best!

RE: Gumball 3000. - Sky - 2020-08-01 12:23

RDSR is supporting too! Let's make it's the right time

Yes some people are not affected by COVID-19 but some are, more than on normal conditions
Either way it will have a lot of participation, fun and voice for LFS

RE: Gumball 3000. - S L A V R - 2020-08-01 13:07

x t is supporting too Its fun to drive

If an event this year does not happen due to Corona, we will understand it

RE: Gumball 3000. - Kyle - 2020-08-02 16:40

A statement has been made: https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=32891

RE: Gumball 3000. - Titan - 2020-08-02 17:16

the statement was already clear to me .. have full understanding for it ... if tc help 6S is there

RE: Gumball 3000. - Mr.GBR - 2020-08-02 19:47

At the end of the day, the events across the Globe will envitably dictate what occurs on a Platform like [TC] CityDriving, Gumball 3000 as a whole event takes a hell of a lot of planning and dedication from the Staff Members here at [TC] and dependent on their situation they may not have the time to be able to commit to an event like Gumball 3000.

It should NOT become a Affiliate Event in any way shape or form, it should solely remain a [TC] ran event but with the support of all the Affiliate Team's in both the operation of and the planning of the Event as a whole.

But, the decision to hold 24 Hour Gumball Events in the near future is a better decision due to as I said previously what is going on within the world at the minute. Maybe, a Gumball 3000 24 Hour Series with multiple 24 Hour Endurance Events might well be something that'll get hosted, you never know.

RE: Gumball 3000. - Wouter - 2020-08-04 18:45

CSR is also going to support it, of course!

Whatever the event/events exactly will be, they will be fun for sure, and we really want to contribute in helping organizing them in any possible way.

Organizing such a big event as Gumball 3000 takes a lot of time. We (speaking from the team) and I (speaking personally) really respect the decision that TC is not going to organize it this year in the big, usual form.

RE: Gumball 3000. - Kyle - 2020-08-06 09:33

In case you missed it on Discord, Pete also wrote a message after the statement:
Pete via Discord Wrote:In case anyone wishes to hear it, as a follow-up to what Ice wrote on the forum in the official announcement and as a personal addendum from me, I have a few words to those who are disappointed about there not being an official two week Gumball this year.

We pride ourselves on hosting well planned, top quality events and yes, it's true that the traditional Gumball, which we as a team have hosted on and off since 2009, is the pinnacle of cruising in LFS. Some Gumball events in the past have been so well attended that they remain the most well attended single events in the game's history and as a result, we have enjoyed a long history of successful Gumball events, full of great memories, which is why we are still talking about them in 2020, 12 years later.

Some of you may or may not realise, or even appreciate, just how much work goes into organising a two week event of this nature, to a standard that matches those of the past. There is an incredible amount of work you do not see that goes on in the background to ensure that the servers are prepared, that we have enough activities to sustain players throughout the two weeks, ensuring that our start procedure is well thought out and remains fun for everyone. Generating hype and preparing media posts and threads during the build up and the event etc. Then there's the actual running of the event which requires many server admins to be active to handle problems and to keep the peace in what has become an increasingly competitive event in recent years.

The ultimate question we have faced over the past couple of years, especially on the run up to the summer of 2018, the year we were due to host our 10th consecutive Gumball was, can we host an event that is up to the standard of previous years. We reached such a high level in the years previous that we did not feel that we had the energy to prepare an event that would be memorable or comparable to the incredible events that had taken place up to that point. That is why we hosted our 10th Gumball last year, a year where the right people had the right level of motivation to get it right, and we feel like we put on a good event that has meant people are still wanting more.

Having played a key role in the organisation of most of the Gumball events, I think can safely speak for the team when I say that we are truly saddened that we are not in a position to put on this great event for you this year, in a year where many people could have used a couple of weeks of fun to take their minds away from what is going on in the world in 2020. We wish that we would have been in a position to run it, but things have not fallen in to place and we are sorry to have to disappoint you. It's easy to blame the state of Live for Speed, and the way that the current lack of updates has affected the activity in the community, but that is not the case. Although lighter, we still have an active and hungry player base that needs events like the Gumball to continue to be motivated to frequent our servers and to bring everyone together for this one special event each year. Unfortunately however, it is not a 5 minute job to organise such an event and those who took part in the last few that we have run will hopefully appreciate the amount of effort that goes into them. It comes down to what I said earlier, we do not feel as though we could put on the event this year to the standard of previous years, and hosting one would've gone against our ethos of quality.

We are not ruling out other events this year, but we ask that you remain patient and try to see this situation from our perspective. We value each and every one of you for continuing to support us, and that you choose to spend your free time enjoying what we have to offer on our servers. I, along with many members of the current [TC] team have been involved in some way or another with every Gumball there has ever been, but until we can run it in a way that does credit to the proud history of the [TC] CityDriving Gumball, we will not compromise on quality.