[TC] Gaming Forums
Fraudulent votes - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Community Awards (/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+----- Forum: Awards Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+------ Forum: Awards 2020 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=236)
+------ Thread: Fraudulent votes (/showthread.php?tid=33335)

Pages: 1 2

Fraudulent votes - Ice - 2021-01-29 14:38

Hello.

As many of you have noticed this years voting for community awards was a little different - midway through the voting we decided to halt the changing of votes in light of discovering fraudulent votes among certain team and its members.

We have proof, direct IP links, that account names:
  • valievanvar
  • kingkokot
  • iliqnshefa
  • ownzzgames
  • brillie97

belong to some team members of [OK], where the LFS accounts of these forum names have not logged on the server for 2-3 years and all of these accounts have been registered via temporary emails, so there were immediate suspicions regarding validity of votes in this years voting.

Given the nature of said players/team this hardly comes in as a surprise to many, one wonders where they have gone wrong.

"But [TC] management, what if not all of them have committed the fraud, what if some are innocent?"

Good question, we are glad you asked. Perhaps not everyone was involved in this scheme, but we don't doubt the members were aware of this fraud taking place. This is not first time occurrence, we see a pattern developing already in community awards back in 2017 when team was still under [GLOW] and 2018, and then there is this post last year, where conveniently some OK members received votes, and the same thing is happening this year. We are not going to sit back and watch it unfold again, therefore we have unanimously decided to indefinitely suspend current members of [OK] from this years, and all future award participation.

There comes a time where a line is crossed, and that line has been crossed one too many times in the past.

Ice on behalf of [TC] Management

RE: Fraudulent votes - Titan - 2021-01-29 18:13

it's a shame that such people act like that

RE: Fraudulent votes - Sky - 2021-01-29 18:19

Some people do be testing the limits and living it on the edge

RE: Fraudulent votes - Barney - 2021-01-29 18:24

(2021-01-29 14:38)Ice Wrote:  Perhaps not everyone was involved in this scheme, but we don't doubt the members were aware of this fraud taking place.

What a disgusting thing to say. We dont go around saying all admins are shit just because some are.

€: if you have ips, ban that user. I don’t have doubts anyone of us is aware of anything. Maybe it even was someone not belonging to us to harm us. Or maybe its not even true...

RE: Fraudulent votes - Speed Demon - 2021-01-29 18:41

(2021-01-29 18:24)Barney Wrote:  
(2021-01-29 14:38)Ice Wrote:  Perhaps not everyone was involved in this scheme, but we don't doubt the members were aware of this fraud taking place.

What a disgusting thing to say. We dont go around saying all admins are shit just because some are.

€: if you have ips, ban that user. I don’t have doubts anyone of us is aware of anything. Maybe it even was someone not belonging to us to harm us. Or maybe its not even true...

it's really tragicomic to get 13 votes in ems without any assignments this year.

RE: Fraudulent votes - Dino - 2021-01-29 19:14

Damn I gave it all to get biggest troll by ending a legendary trolling 2k20 with a selfban and now this shit. I'll try harder, maybe I join CSR not to be banned from future votes then.

RE: Fraudulent votes - Sadie - 2021-01-29 19:14

Knowing several members within OK, I am pretty sure that not everyone is part of this. But it is such a shame that members, especially those who have been within the community for years has so little self-esteem that they feel the need to rig something such as TC Community Awards. This is all supposed to be something fun for everyone and the reward is simply a badge on their TC World profile. While looking at the nominations as well, it is clear that several members of [OK] are copying each other nominations and doing nominations that make no sense, such as nominating the same member as both best and worst cop. Making a joke out of what is supposed to be something fun.

It is such a shame that members who are so active within this community are treating it as a kindergarten without any rules. Breaching rules to achieve a badge is pathetic. It is very understandable action performed by TC, and I am pretty sure it will be supported by the majority of the community.

RE: Fraudulent votes - Misterviin - 2021-01-29 19:24

Shame that some people cheating ruined the chance for people not cheating to get awards.
You -1000ed up

RE: Fraudulent votes - Dino - 2021-01-29 19:31

(2021-01-29 19:14)Sadie Wrote:  such as nominating the same member as both best and worst cop.

That's nothing new and not based on a team, I get nominated for worst cop and get votes every year too. Doesn't make much sense either while being nominated for best cop at the same time, does it?

€: Oh, I even got 7 votes for worst cop. That's election fraud too then, isn't it? lol

I agree it's retarded to vote with fake accounts to change the outcome of a vote. But the examples you gave are a bit weird to me. There are a lot of nominations and votes out there which make no sense and are absolutely "wrong" from a neutral perspective.

RE: Fraudulent votes - fWANKy - 2021-01-29 19:33

(2021-01-29 19:14)Sadie Wrote:  It is such a shame that members who are so active within this community are treating it as a kindergarten without any rules. Breaching rules to achieve a badge is pathetic. It is very understandable action performed by TC, and I am pretty sure it will be supported by the majority of the community.

Well to be fair there isnt anything in the rules apart from voting for your own team that stops this from happening. I mean yes its not ideal what these guys did but its hardly worthy of you calling them "pathetic" over such a minor thing.

RE: Fraudulent votes - Dino - 2021-01-29 19:35

What about PMs sent out actively asking for voting for someone?
Geteting inactive team members online just to vote for their friends?
Is that borderline?

RE: Fraudulent votes - Kouki - 2021-01-29 19:40

(2021-01-29 19:14)Dino Wrote:  Damn I gave it all to get biggest troll by ending a legendary trolling 2k20 with a selfban and now this shit. I'll try harder, maybe I join CSR not to be banned from future votes then.

This would be an "epicool extreme ziosss lolhaha fun troll xd moment" in the words of specific individuals on Discord, you trolled us so hard that it ultimately turned out in TC's and the userbase's favor. In my eyes, you're still the best troll, and I wish I could've voted for you as that, as well as "Best Forum Profile", because your likeness is so archaic that you live up to your name in the end.

So much for "Corporate Social Responsibility" and joking about my team's professionalism, now start despising your past premonitions that led you to say that, because your logical fallacies won't bring you out of this one, it's pretty apparent that you lot were doing some shady dealing, to which I will argue that it has recurred for a few Award occasions, which I know some were aware of.

And the hysterical part is that this is all for the instant gratification and yes-manning by your teammates as you're showered with "F A S T E S T"... XDDD

Oh, how I would wish to be in/in cahoots with OK to reply "ok" to this...

#
That's nothing new and not based on a team, I get nominated for worst cop and get votes every year too. Doesn't make much sense either while being nominated for best cop at the same time, does it?
#

So it's only a problem when you've got the [REDACTED] end of the stick? xD

RE: Fraudulent votes - Dino - 2021-01-29 19:42

(2021-01-29 19:40)CyanOnur Wrote:  
(2021-01-29 19:14)Dino Wrote:  Damn I gave it all to get biggest troll by ending a legendary trolling 2k20 with a selfban and now this shit. I'll try harder, maybe I join CSR not to be banned from future votes then.

This would be an "epicool extreme ziosss lolhaha fun troll xd moment" in the words of specific individuals on Discord, you trolled us so hard that it ultimately turned out in TC's and the userbase's favor. In my eyes, you're still the best troll, and I wish I could've voted for you as that, as well as "Best Forum Profile", because your likeness is so archaic that you live up to your name in the end.

So much for "Corporate Social Responsibility" and joking about my team's professionalism, now start despising your past premonitions that led you to say that, because your logical fallacies won't bring you out of this one, it's pretty apparent that you lot were doing some shady dealing, to which I will argue that it has recurred for a few Award occasions, which I know some were aware of.

Erm, what? In fact I like wouter a lot, I have no problem with CSR, I just mentioned the team as an example. Could've used RDSR too.

Actually, I often voted and said Wouter is friendliest cause he is never angry and stuff and I joke around with him when he is online.

Really interesting how you turn around my words just how u want them, lol

(2021-01-29 19:40)CyanOnur Wrote:  #
#

So it's only a problem when you've got the [REDACTED] end of the stick? xD

What? Just type normal english, I just don't understand what u mean.

My point was that nominations and votes often don't end up and as I understood Sadie it's only a certain team doing "weird" votes/nominations. Which is just not the case.

RE: Fraudulent votes - Kouki - 2021-01-29 19:46

(2021-01-29 19:42)Dino Wrote:  
(2021-01-29 19:40)CyanOnur Wrote:  

Erm, what? In fact I like wouter a lot, I have no problem with CSR, I just mentioned the team as an example. Could've used RDSR too.

Actually, I often voted and said Wouter is friendliest cause he is never angry and stuff and I joke around with him when he is online.

Really interesting how you turn around my words just how u want them, lol

I'm turning them around because I'm paraphrasing what you said, which as a member of the team, indicates your stance on this sort of thing. OK is a meme team, I know that, but once you meme too hard, you lose your common sense along the way.

Problem is in that context, you used it against CSR, in an inter-team argument.

Touché, but you're reflecting right about now.

#
What? Just type normal english, I just don't understand what u mean.
#

Just type "ok" and ignore it, it's an uphill battle Smile

RE: Fraudulent votes - Ice - 2021-01-29 19:47

@Dino, you fail to see the picture here. The accounts that were used to vote in awards do not belong to their respective owners.

RE: Fraudulent votes - Sadie - 2021-01-29 19:55

(2021-01-29 19:31)Dino Wrote:  
(2021-01-29 19:14)Sadie Wrote:  such as nominating the same member as both best and worst cop.

€: Oh, I even got 7 votes for worst cop. That's election fraud too then, isn't it? lol

I agree it's retarded to vote with fake accounts to change the outcome of a vote. But the examples you gave are a bit weird to me. There are a lot of nominations and votes out there which make no sense and are absolutely "wrong" from a neutral perspective.

Never said it was a fraud to vote for the same user as both best and worst cop, what I meant with it is that it makes no sense to do a such thing. From my observation with the nominations, some of the [OK] team members seems to do exactly this thing for their own team members, to help them gain these awards.

For example: https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=33283&pid=286039#pid286039 where Gaz is nominated in every single category, even those that are opposite of each other.

I am also not saying that it should be impossible for the same member to be voted for both worst and best, each member has their own opinion on who should be nominated for each category, and each member has their vote. But purposely voting for the same member in each category so he or she has a better chance of gaining a reward where there is a different member who possible deserved it more is stupid.

There really shouldn't be a need to add some type of ruling or restriction for exactly this, it really shouldn't be necessary.

I assume this question will come: "Oh why are you talking about this then if it's not about fraudulent votes?"
Well simply because even though it is technically not within the topic, I still find it very suitable to be mentioned/discussed within this topic as for some it can be borderline to fraudulent.

Just remember, this is my personal opinion on the case, we most likely will not share the same opinion on this matter.

RE: Fraudulent votes - Dino - 2021-01-29 19:56

(2021-01-29 19:47)Ice Wrote:  @Dino, you fail to see the picture here. The accounts that were used to vote in awards do not belong to their respective owners.

(2021-01-29 19:31)Dino Wrote:  I agree it's retarded to vote with fake accounts to change the outcome of a vote.

No, I got it. Absolutely saying that false votes (or votes from accounts not belonging to their respective owners) should be removed and not count! Idk who is responsible for this, idk if it was an OK member or someone else voting like this which has the purpose to make it look like it was an OK member to get their votes removed or whatever. If that was the case, then kudos who managed to get it done. If it was an OK member, shame on him, but our discord right now is like "who?!" so certainly not like:
Quote:Perhaps not everyone was involved in this scheme, but we don't doubt the members were aware of this fraud taking place.

The main parts of my post were not about the OP, more about Sadie's comment which sounded like it's OK members with weird nominations and votes while this is happening every year from everyone. I highly doubt my 7x "worst cop" votes are from OK members.
But maybe I just misunderstood Sadie. No hate on her.

RE: Fraudulent votes - Adorable - 2021-01-29 19:57

I wonder who could it be that someone who doesn't belong to them trying to harm them with direct ip links to OK Members LaughLaughLaugh

RE: Fraudulent votes - Thomas - 2021-01-29 20:09

None in our Discord channel is owning up to this. So could you please enlighten us who is accused of doing this?
Or is this just a hetz towards prior members of GLOW?

RE: Fraudulent votes - Dino - 2021-01-29 20:11

Yeah, Ehet's nomination was certainly a big troll and stupid.

(2021-01-29 19:55)Sadie Wrote:  some of the [OK] team members seems to do exactly this thing for their own team members, to help them gain these awards.
So do you think people from other teams do not vote for their teammates?! Or why do you stress it out so much that it's [OK] members?

As I said before, there are nonsense nominations and votes everywhere. Some to help their teammates, some to make others look stupid.
KAMICABRON, a spanish guy I don't even know nominated me for worst cop cause his friend Canglez (another spanish guy) did the same as he doesn't like me. What about this then? We could also talk about it. I didn't care, until this conversation starts to blame even the regular votes from Team OK. We could do a whole list with suspucious votes then.

And Ice, yes, I know, it has nothing to do with the initial post/problem.