[TC] Gaming Forums
Citydriving Autocross layout - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Citydriving Autocross layout (/showthread.php?tid=33601)

Citydriving Autocross layout - Tommer - 2021-05-24 17:13

First post in a while eh?
Thought I'd share this layout I've been messing about with for a few weeks Smile

The layout is inspired by the early days of [TC] when we used to chase each other around on the Autocross map. I decided to revisit the autocross map, and see what I could do with all the new objects and the new object limit.

[Image: N3crs1l.png]

The map takes inspiration from British roads, it's left hand drive those Batternburg and Jam-sandwich liveries should feel right at home this time Wink

[Image: VpP3cwR.png]

[Image: ynvzK95.png]

I made the layout with police chases in mind, what I think makes this layout different to the old school layout is that this one has many 'rat runs' - narrow alleyways and routes that will take you off the main road and around the back of housing estates.

The police will have to learn good communication skills to arrest a rogue street racer around this layout, the limited street space in areas of the map will mean that cops will have to think beyond the PIT manouvre and use teamwork to trap the suspect.

[Image: hTOe2dQ.png]

[Image: 2x9e22A.png]

[Image: Q13dYZj.png]

[Image: MGXjYxs.png]

You'll find these runs all over the map, some even have hidden pit-stops so if you manage to get the cops to lose line of sight on you long enough, you can do a sneaky pit.

[Image: VrQXYO5.png]

[Image: IyroDM2.png]

And they really can lose sight of you if they are not keeping up - The buildings are not just for looks, they prevent you from seeing around corners to know where your suspect turned!

You might just need someone on Teamspeak to act as a helicopter to give you eyes in the sky Wink

[Image: 20LrM9K.png]

[Image: bfTCoqg.png]

The layout has some service buildings, a gas station, a police station and a small hospital for the Medics to park up at.

[Image: 2mLNBxX.png]

[Image: fhlW5AO.png]

[Image: tKok0mt.png]

Of course, the layout has its main highway stretch a bit like the old one

[Image: 60gASOe.png]

It has a single exit that takes you off it early. It features a "fly-over" or if you are unlucky a "land on" W00t

[Image: MZuzuiL.png]

When you are cruising, watch out for places you have to give way to others on the main road. They are well marked there is no excuse!

I have brought the stop lines close to the junctions to improve turning visibility, but there are still blind spots in A-pillars at some so be careful Wink

[Image: 2jXATL7.png]
[Image: mzQzpro.png]

Did I mention I left a big open space for drifting about in behind the police station?

[Image: HNqd9IX.png]

In all I think it would be an interesting map to see a server full of cars cruising around on with police chases going on too. Unlike the big open maps the autocross maps had one advantage in that everyone was close together making the city seem more busy.

I left 16 objects free for those tyre barriers and tow ramps can be placed by cops and tows still, I'm not sure if that's enough or if that's OK.

Feel free to do what you like with the map, I've left it attached Thumbup1

Edit: Note there are some restricted area circles on the map I forgot to delete, I was using them for measuring they are not supposed to be there and should be deleted Wink

RE: Citydriving Autocross layout - Barney - 2021-05-24 23:47

Good effort. Unfortunately all i see is broken suspensions and flipped cars everywhere.

RE: Citydriving Autocross layout - Titan - 2021-05-25 03:52

yes tommer .. great work and nice thoughts to bring the old autocross layout of TC to life .. but i have to agree with barney .. i also see a lot of chaos .. but maybe you can test the layout on the server

RE: Citydriving Autocross layout - BP - 2021-05-25 11:19

This would be great for a Fun Night (or some other event). Maybe a tad chaotic for the actual servers and I'm guessing would be difficult to get it right with the InSim too (locations, speed limits, chase distances, etc.)

RE: Citydriving Autocross layout - Ras - 2021-05-25 11:28

It would be fun as a regular event. Could be called [TC] CityDriving Classic and happen once or twice a month, to keep it interesting.

Good effort on the layout for sure.

RE: Citydriving Autocross layout - Morreboy - 2021-05-25 14:21

Damm it was very fun to test out! but i must agree with the others, there will be way to much caos.

I tried cruise/drift around the map, and damm I flipped many times....

RE: Citydriving Autocross layout - Carl - 2021-05-25 16:05

Very interesting layout, I can see many hours have been put into this. The key points have already been raised about it being using on CityDriving but I'd love to see an event using this layout, could be pretty cool.

RE: Citydriving Autocross layout - Grizz - 2021-05-26 02:20

+1 for Barney, good layout but it would cause a lot of mess in servers.