[TC] Gaming Forums
Steal from the Car Dealer - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Steal from the Car Dealer (/showthread.php?tid=33633)

Steal from the Car Dealer - Tommer - 2021-06-09 19:55

Stealing a Vehicle

The Car Dealer menu would have a new option 'Steal' on the car page next to Buy now.

A stolen car will show up in your garage and it will have its own VIN.

You may make only one theft attempt a day but can have as many stolen cars as your garage can fit.

Driving a stolen car

The stolen car can be set as the primary car like any other car but may only be driven as a civilian.

When driving a stolen car, you do not earn or lose money, you do not collect trip bonuses, you are 'outside of the system' so to speak.

Selling a stolen car

There is a 40 minute timer attached to the stolen car that only counts down whilst you are in motion outside of the safe zone and there are active cops in the server. During this time you cannot sell a stolen car because it is 'too hot'.

Once this time period ends and you manage to not be caught in this time you can sell a stolen car to the 'black market' from the home menu for 20% of it's estimated value.

You may not sell the car to the dealer or to another player because it is stolen.

How it works with Police

You have a permanent wanted level that is attached to your VIN for as long as you are driving the car. Cops who have purchased an ANPR-camera and fitted it to their car will see that it is stolen.

A theft won't be reported when leaving the pits in a stolen car. This incentivizes the thief to drive normally to avoid arousing suspicion as some cops won't know it's stolen, and also incentivizes Cops to invest in ANPR-Camera's to earn more money and detect stolen cars.

If you are caught, you receive double the usual chase fine making it a high risk decision to steal a car. You will of course lose the car and be sent into spec.

Final thoughts

The idea here is to make being a thief more interesting, stealing a car being a high-risk, high rewards game, with incentive to stay low and get the car off the road and sold out of your hands as quick as you can.

I imagine it would be pretty intense feeling driving a stolen car hoping not to be noticed by Police that are roaming the server long enough for the counter to go down.

As a cop it would make the ANPR Camera a more valuable and interesting tool for catching stolen cars, as you will receive twice the usual fine if you manage to catch someone driving a stolen car.

Let me know what you think, good idea overall? bad? needs tweaks?

RE: Steal from the Car Dealer - Charlie - 2021-06-09 21:34

Sounds like a good idea imo - would be nice to have a little bit of variety/zing on the server again.

RE: Steal from the Car Dealer - DaniiIC - 2021-06-10 06:11

ey this is actually a good idea

RE: Steal from the Car Dealer - bowler - 2021-06-10 06:53

big +1 on this mate sounds like a great idea love to see it implemented would bring something new to server Smile

RE: Steal from the Car Dealer - SIMOX - 2021-06-10 16:58

This does sound interesting for cops though. Looking for stolen cars. But i think there is one problem. Currently as far as i know if someone robbed someone, and went offroad (for example south city unfinished road part) you can't chase the guy and the timer is counting down for him.
If this would be fixed and stolen cars wouldn't be able to go offroad then it would be great.

Also i think 20% is a little bit too much if someone would manage to not get caught. What if there are more robbers with stolen cars than there are cops to chase them down? You need backup aswell and chases do tend to take some time. Unless if one stolen car is being chased, timers for all the other stolen cars would pause.

Not losing money when driving a stolen car. I've suggested something similar with lower automatic speeding fines with bigger final fines if busted when running from police to make it a bit less shitty for robbers. Thats when GTR's were made available to purchase. But noone cares tbh.