[TC] Gaming Forums
Bus system suggestions - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Bus system suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=34239)

Bus system suggestions - Moonlight.Neko - 2022-01-05 16:30

Few suggestions

1. Left side drive maps, should have bus stops in the middle of the road as buses doors are on the right side. Makes it more realistic.

2. Bus stops should have larger radius or at least longer distance for multiple buses to use same stop.

3. High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes or Bus Lanes on Highways as 50% restrictions limits the bus acceleration. For safety purposes and less crashes.

Thank you.

RE: Bus system suggestions - Yukine - 2022-01-05 18:43

1 In middle of the road? That seem like a dangerous idea.
2 Agreed, a bit more leeway for a second bus to be able to park behind the first one is realistic, at least from a Parisian viewpoint.
3 Most track doesn't have enough area for that, I believe it's cruisers' deal to adapt to slower vehicles.

RE: Bus system suggestions - Moonlight.Neko - 2022-01-05 18:49

1 Yes, Center Median/island. Most roads that have transit systems in bigger cities in CANADA and USA have Isands and dedicated lanes in the middle of the street as a divider and as a bus platform for bus stops.

2 Thank you.

3. Some tracks have a wider roads for highways, could be beneficial as most cruisers either drive at speed limit or faster with little to no reaction time for slow moving vehicles.

RE: Bus system suggestions - Grizz - 2022-01-05 19:21

1. Excessively dangerous.

2. Good idea, yes.

3. As pointed by Yukine, Most track doesn't have enough area for that.

RE: Bus system suggestions - sezski - 2022-01-06 01:51

1. No. The majority will agree for more than obvious reasons... just no.

2. Makes sense, as detailed by Yukine.

3. Wouldn't make sense in my opinion for various reasons that I can detail if asked to however, I won't be tonight as I don't have the brain capacity.

RE: Bus system suggestions - Ghutra - 2022-01-06 08:47

1· No

2· Yes
Radius increased to 20m radius for bus stops, deliveries and taxi jobs should suffice. As of now 2 buses can be on the same stop (given that there is enough space ofc), 3 if you decide to park parallel to another bus.

3· No
Don't see the use imo. Also would waste way too many layout objects that can be used for other purposes.

RE: Bus system suggestions - Ras - 2022-01-06 13:08

About the 1st point, we will probably soon get buses that can switch side, so it won't be a problem anymore.

RE: Bus system suggestions - Ash - 2022-01-07 06:54

Chuck’s bus got added yesterday which includes both a LHD and RHD variant ?

RE: Bus system suggestions - Felipe Jardim - 2022-01-09 21:37

Don't mean to hijack your thread but i think a beacon system similar to the !caution or !hazard for buses wouldn't be a bad idea. something like *bus stopped ahead* that shows up on other players screen within a certain distance that is automatically activated when the player enters a stop