[TC] Gaming Forums
[Implemented] Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [Implemented] Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? (/showthread.php?tid=34628)

Pages: 1 2

Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Dino - 2022-05-10 20:15

Hi,

we have six tracks in the track rotation. Now that [TC] Servers are on S3 we alll have access to the seventh track Rockingham (Corby).

Pretty simple question:
Add Rockingham to the track rotation or not?

I am aware we had it for few days and the layout wasn't really ideal for the moment for some, however I don't want to go into details with pros and cons myself for the moment, feel free to discuss it and thanks for voting to have a quick and current overview about the opinion of the current active players.

D

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Gaz - 2022-05-10 20:46

I never understood why people were so opposed to it, sure it's quite a small map but I think that makes it more fun actually. The layout needs a bit of work, but if it was included in the rotation then maybe it would get more attention.

There will always be people who don't like a certain map, but at the end of the day each map should have its slot in the rotation imo. And, anyway, a bit of map variety would be nice for a change.

+1 from me.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - 7mar - 2022-05-10 20:55

Yes!!! 100% agre

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - KiiT1337 - 2022-05-10 21:11

Agree with that, track is in the game for a reason, should be used, so Agree.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - SIMOX - 2022-05-10 23:34

Small map like South city is fun yes but this is not the same. South city is narrow, bumpy and visually more pleasing.

If you don't want people to get bored of it in first 2 days, block some part of the oval and force people to go through the inner part of the track. Rework the inner track layout because it's super restrictive to the point where it's boring.

Also thank Scawen for adding tunnel that leads nowhere. Would be actually good part to cruise around.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Sebas - 2022-05-10 23:43

(2022-05-10 23:34)SIMOX Wrote:  If you don't want people to get bored of it in first 2 days...

Montana apart, everybody gets bored of the maps after a few days. Adding a new map to the rotation might help with the feeling of always driving the same tracks.

I never had the chance to experience Rockingham when it was released, nor did i get to experience the layout when TC tested it. I'm sure there are a couple of players like me that never set foot inside said map, and would appreciate it as a new addition.

This gets a +1 for me.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Ghutra - 2022-05-11 05:03

I like Rockingham track itself but never experienced TC's layout on it since I hop on S3 after it was removed from server Three and I think rotation even. Something tells me I will get bored after 5 minutes, but just for the lolz I'd like it in like a Weekend.

It's kinda +1 but also -1

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Chuck - 2022-05-11 05:04

We had that for quite a while when we started with S3 and it was just devastating. The map is just annoyingly small and has way too many turns. No road longer than 50m, everyone was just circling the oval like lemmings and the track is so small that sirens never fully disappear. Never again!

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Hamster - 2022-05-11 05:11

There are no more Retro or Trackday versions of the maps (or "not ready" from a half year), so atleast there should be such a map in the schedule.
But Chuck would have to make it for the new mod system, so I doubt that it will be done, even if the majority of the community wants it.

The map is small and has its own atmosphere. It also has interesting interconnecting roads. It also has a lot of nice details and some ideas to use the tunnels and the dead ends behind them.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - GT4tube - 2022-05-11 08:55

+1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Vilix - 2022-05-11 10:18

If the people want it, add it. Simple as that. +1

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Latvian Video - 2022-05-11 14:01

This time it should go better, no tanks, no 600hp busses, etc

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Dizzle - 2022-05-11 14:11

As Chuck stated, we have already tried it. We also have reworked that layout multiple times and nothing works out and makes that track enjoyable for cruising.

I have no problem adding it to the rotation if the community largely agrees, but be warned, you'll be making another post to remove it from the rotation later.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - BP - 2022-05-11 15:11

What Chuck and Dizzle said.

We've trialled Corby a few times in the past, albeit never as part of the track rotation.

People just lose interest in this map very quickly. That's in a matter of hours - let alone a week.

We tried it on server 2 or 3 for some time, it did get full when we had double income but it soon died down (maybe to be expected as it wasn't on server 1). We have tried changing the layout but that didn't work either.

Most recently, we put this map on server one during the infancy of the mod system, when there was quite a bit of hype (also with S3 being required). The server did not stay full for long. The track is very boring and small, but people seem to be quick to forget that.

Votes no for these reasons.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Titan - 2022-05-11 15:43

I think BP is basically right.. and why did I vote yes?

so many new cars and jobs .. maybe it won't be as boring as the admins think ..

but that is to be seen with caution

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - SIMOX - 2022-05-11 16:55

I'd rather actually drive on Layout Square custom layout than on Rockingham. Everyone drives oval anyway and its rather small so instead lets drive big square around the Layout square. At least that would simulate highway of sorts. Problem is that one side takes like 237 armcos or walls to cover, so around 1000 for whole square. You got another 1000 for gas stations and other shit. Boring driving straight? i guess, but is not more boring than driving on a small circle.

Also bikes go zooooooom on layout square lol.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Dino - 2022-05-11 17:22

(2022-05-11 15:11)BP Wrote:  Most recently, we put this map on server one during the infancy of the mod system, when there was quite a bit of hype (also with S3 being required). The server did not stay full for long.

If I recall correctly, the server was still fuller than it is usually with the less popular maps, but since it was shortly after S3 update it could be different now indeed.

I feel like we never really gave it a chance for a whole week, IIRC it was on only for some days. It would be interesting to see how the map does these days.

Of course, since it's a small map, details like banning busses and trucks might be an option aswell as reducing the max. distance of sirens from 300m to 200 or 250m. I am not a coder but isn't it maybe just kind of simple to just "if rockingham, then sirens max 200m" compared the other map things?

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - itr2walk - 2022-05-12 09:51

+1 , Its good map and the details is great, i would see new map on the server but imw if you need the traffic and the space to be good you should remove the big cars ( bus, truck etc.. ) to avoid crashes and Traffic problems.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Barney - 2022-05-18 19:26

i‘m getting real sick of you with that annoying rockingham

Include Corby in the track rotation - Adorable - 2022-06-29 16:29

https://world.city-driving.co.uk/?page=rotation_schedule

As the servers are running in S3, I think Corby should be added to the rotation to add a little more variety, plus to enjoy a laser-scanned track!