[TC] Gaming Forums
[Implemented] Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [Implemented] Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? (/showthread.php?tid=34628)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Include Corby in the track rotation - A n a n s i - 2022-06-29 17:34

Just make sure to not say "rockingham when" when Ice is online, eh?
Ask Dino not me Smile

Jokes aside, Dino made a thread a couple of weeks (months?) ago about this same topic. I think we can figure out how that was treated like...

RE: Include Corby in the track rotation - M6nsh - 2022-06-29 23:28

rockingham.. Eh?

[Image: unknown.png]

Yikes Map,There's nothing good about this map ;f

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - BP - 2022-06-30 07:00

I've merged Adorable's post into the recent existing thread.
Also moving this thread to the Suggestions forum, which is possibly why Adorable didn't notice it.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Sebas - 2022-06-30 14:45

I don't see why it's such a complicated issue to suggest. People want to see Corby added to the rotation to some capacity, even given all the limitations of the track.

Here are some of my ideas to give Corby a chance:
- Limit the cars to smaller ones, less power?
- Make the track available on Server 2?
- Have Corby on a try-out session during the weekend?

The votes tell the story, people want Corby.
#JusticeForCorby

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Grizz - 2022-06-30 15:28

Sebas Wrote:- Have Corby on a try-out session during the weekend?

We had a try on it earlier, was completely disastrous.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Driloni110 - 2022-07-17 22:05

Maybe some more custom layouts in every track??

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - February - 2022-07-18 03:20

Honestly i would like to see Rockingham make a return to the track rotation.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Yılmaz Ali F. - 2022-07-18 09:46

The map is nice but as they say it's a small map and you can't escape the police. For this, it is necessary to try to reduce the loss distance of the police according to the map. People want this map to be opened because those who are playing right now don't know this map exactly so it should be tried for a short time. So you may have opened it in the past, but now there are those who want this map to be opened. So server 2 also needs some opening and testing. If you still don't like it, you won't have the idea to use this map again.
I want to see this map on TC servers again for a short time.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - fWANKy - 2022-07-18 15:48

(2022-07-18 09:46)Yılmaz Ali F. Wrote:  The map is nice but as they say it's a small map and you can't escape the police.

get good

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Yılmaz Ali F. - 2022-07-18 16:58

(2022-07-18 15:48)fWANKy Wrote:  
(2022-07-18 09:46)Yılmaz Ali F. Wrote:  The map is nice but as they say it's a small map and you can't escape the police.

get good

Why? I did not understand

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Tommer - 2022-07-21 15:27

So the problems people brought up in the thread are as follows

1. People simply just keep driving around the oval
2. People find the inside straights too short
3. Sirens never disappear

Here's the solutions I suggest

1. Make most of the Oval OOB

This will solve people just going around the oval. If you shift+U and view the inside track, it's actually quite an interesting layout for cops and robbers without the oval

2. Allow only TBO performance level cars or slower

Slower cars will make the track feel more spacious and it also gives the track a unique selling point as it's a chance for us to play with TBO cars without getting a disadvantage against other players

3. Decrease siren distance on Rockingham

The cars will be travelling slower if they are TBO anyway, so having shorter siren distances will be fine and solve the siren problem.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - A n a n s i - 2022-07-21 16:06

(2022-07-21 15:27)Tommer Wrote:  So the problems people brought up in the thread are as follows

1. People simply just keep driving around the oval
2. People find the inside straights too short
3. Sirens never disappear

Here's the solutions I suggest

1. Make most of the Oval OOB

This will solve people just going around the oval. If you shift+U and view the inside track, it's actually quite an interesting layout for cops and robbers without the oval

2. Allow only TBO performance level cars or slower

Slower cars will make the track feel more spacious and it also gives the track a unique selling point as it's a chance for us to play with TBO cars without getting a disadvantage against other players

3. Decrease siren distance on Rockingham

The cars will be travelling slower if they are TBO anyway, so having shorter siren distances will be fine and solve the siren problem.

Solution 1 just makes the track even smaller than what it is, and people see the track size as an issue already. And the inside layout can be boring in just a few minutes - and this could (and most likely will) make the entire track boring.

I am not a big fan of Solution 2 simply because of several reasons - one of them being the need of more InSim modifications would have to be done just for one track. Not sure if Chuck would approve it Tongue

And I do not mind Solution 3 at all. Let it be implemented or not, I do not care. Aren't there some tracks where the siren distance is shorter already? Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, it shouldn't be too hard to implement it in Rockingham.

RE: Add Rockingham (Corby) to the Track Rotation? - Ghutra - 2022-12-21 07:56

Sorry for the BIG ASS bump

But I was thinking: What about using the upcoming Christmas and New Years Eve and put Rockingham as an special day kind of thing?
Dec 24-Dec 25
Dec 31st
And then back to the normal rotation

I think it could give the best out of the two sides