[TC] Gaming Forums
Background check before getting a license (or doing jobs) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Background check before getting a license (or doing jobs) (/showthread.php?tid=34688)

Background check before getting a license (or doing jobs) - Marty_Deslions - 2022-05-26 19:13

Currently, you can just buy a license, like a cop/tow/etc. Then you need to successfully finish a test on TC World (with the exception of taxi), and then you have your License.

I think it would be better is there were some kind of background check, before a player can buy a license. This process should/could be automated, so the insim would just automaticly check if the player has behaved good recently. I think this background check is even more important for the COP license, but could be applied for all jobs, including the bus and delivery jobs.
Think about it, would it be okay if for instance a police officer goes stealing in his spare time? Or a firefighter that sets stuff on fire when he's off duty?
Of course not. But with the current system, this is more or less the case, (correct me if I'm wrong). Therefore I think a background check should be implemented if people wanna do jobs.

I have 3 options.

Option 1:
Only a background check on roleplaying level. Has the player recieved a large amount of fines in the last weeks/months? Did he/she steal recently? Etc.

Option 2:
Only a background check on server level. Has the player been banned recently? Did he/she recieve a number of reports over the last weeks/months? Did he/she break alot of server rules recently, like cursing or speaking a non-english language in main chat? Etc.

Option 3:
A background check on roleplaying level, as well as server level. This option would be the most strict.

I'll leave it up to the admins/Chuck to decide to which licenses/jobs any of these options will apply. Like I said, I think the background check is most important for the COP job, but it could also be applied to res/tow/taxi and even bus and delivery jobs.

RE: Background check before getting a license (or doing jobs) - BP - 2022-05-26 21:06

The roleplay element of your suggestion is way too much. It also doesn't really make sense.

Are you saying a player can't play as cop if they also enjoy the robber side of the gameplay? That will completely alienate much of the community.

It is assuming that each player can only be 1 character, whereas it would be more logical to say each role is its own character. But that's way-overthinking this.

The admin-side might be a decent idea to some extent.

RE: Background check before getting a license (or doing jobs) - Dino - 2022-05-27 07:09

No. Leave it as it is. Way too formal for me, remember it's just a game.

RE: Background check before getting a license (or doing jobs) - S L A V R - 2022-05-27 08:58

+1 No. Leave it as it is. Way too formal for me, remember it's just a game.

I don't think it's a good suggestion because it's the tests that the administration thinks it's enough

RE: Background check before getting a license (or doing jobs) - Misterviin - 2022-05-27 12:44

Yes +1
No -25

RE: Background check before getting a license (or doing jobs) - Carl - 2022-05-27 21:48

Interesting concept. Option 1 is used a lot on GTA RP servers. The difference there though is that you can choose completely different characters to differentiate between criminal and emergency service. In the case of LFS, it's just one username. I feel that all options are maybe a little bit overkill for LFS cops and robbers but if i had to choose I'd probably go for option 2.

RE: Background check before getting a license (or doing jobs) - KiiT1337 - 2022-05-30 05:29

I voted no, option 2 is pretty intresting but.

I said but, because of an example i just sort out:

-Driving trough track, someone hit you, run, no sorry, no !donate for the mess done and else. (Hit and Run).

(That may result in a report, people get that in the month log, for whatever reason, thats a -1 for being able to apply for the licence and be able to really use it, because of a simple and stupid mistake)

Another scenario:

-Friends making mess on track, and one person who's not happy at all with that, gets involved without him wanting to, just got rekt with the pack for no reason, then bam report 1 of the friends involved in the mess, leads to what? Probably, i say probably, cause idk.

(Friends join together on a lots of !report, making the one person who had nothing to do with the mess get "community ban" [none the least i hate that, cause it has no way to trace it.], and get some free 24hours vacation, cause a group of friends we're messing around.)

Your system, may work, may not, because of actual players behaviour among server and rules, also by how hard and strict are those rules applied or not.