[TC] Gaming Forums
Pits for a fee - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Pits for a fee (/showthread.php?tid=34746)

Pits for a fee - Demis - 2022-06-06 21:25

Hi I was thinking that if you could put some small fees "not so much" you could do it with an evaluation ...

I recommend it to avoid accidents as much as possible (although there will always be) but with this method perhaps things can change and players may not drive incorrectly, as many do.

Basically apply the tariffs when repairing the car!

I hope it is useful in some way.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day. Smile

Moderator Message by: Grizz

Poll added

RE: Pits for a fee - Tommer - 2022-06-06 21:45

I think in general, people will respond better to reward than punishment

For example, the trip system - People who want to make more money for more cars go to lengths to avoid crashing into people/flying off the track, people care about their trip and players who've had time to become familiar with the insim tend to avoid sending each other off the track knowing they might cost someone a long trip.

I'd like to point out that damaging your car on [TC] is not necessarily bad. Sometimes, you get damage from normal Cops & Robbers, lag. Today I totalled my car into a wall to avoid sending someone else off the track (which would have been a lighter less damaging collision for me)

I think that rather than punish people for car damage and make the game feel less fun, why not turn not hitting other people into a game in itself, with a reward?

Perhaps like a no-crash bonus that builds up over distance until you hit another player. That could be a fun challenge, it is more giveth and less taketh.

RE: Pits for a fee - 7mar - 2022-06-07 07:43

taxes? Ohmy

RE: Pits for a fee - KiiT1337 - 2022-06-07 22:39

(2022-06-06 21:45)Tommer Wrote:  I think in general, people will respond better to reward than punishment

For example, the trip system - People who want to make more money for more cars go to lengths to avoid crashing into people/flying off the track, people care about their trip and players who've had time to become familiar with the insim tend to avoid sending each other off the track knowing they might cost someone a long trip.

I'd like to point out that damaging your car on [TC] is not necessarily bad. Sometimes, you get damage from normal Cops & Robbers, lag. Today I totalled my car into a wall to avoid sending someone else off the track (which would have been a lighter less damaging collision for me)

I think that rather than punish people for car damage and make the game feel less fun, why not turn not hitting other people into a game in itself, with a reward?

Perhaps like a no-crash bonus that builds up over distance until you hit another player. That could be a fun challenge, it is more giveth and less taketh.

Considering that might be a better way to keep some clear driving, maybe layout objects wont be included in that case, because we have ramps, car scratches, we have tires, poles, barriers and bla bla bla, but players hitting each other.

Maybe as it is on the "heavy crash" system nowadays, make it punish even harder, not just based on the vehicle size, class and else, maybe a % more on the currency of crashes.
Because as we know, we have rammers, crazy drivers, fast drivers, drifters, stunting lads, bikers, truckers, bus drivers, also mental bus drivers.

Is a good idea and i totally agree with you Tommer

So, lets think about that.

RE: Pits for a fee - bayanofmansorofisky - 2022-06-08 09:36

More fees? And with the current income system?
Hell No.

RE: Pits for a fee - Ghutra - 2022-06-08 11:16

I don't see the use in this if you can go to a safezone and Shift + P and not pay the fee lol. Plus sounds more like a tool people can use to intentionally crash and damage other players

RE: Pits for a fee - Bez - 2022-06-08 12:34

Other cruise servers have had pit fees for years. It's actually more annoying than you'd think, although realistic.

RE: Pits for a fee - Demis - 2022-06-08 13:08

(2022-06-08 12:34)Bez Wrote:  Other cruise servers have had pit fees for years. It's actually more annoying than you'd think, although realistic.

And what about Tommer's idea?

RE: Pits for a fee - Grizz - 2022-06-08 14:58

(2022-06-06 21:45)Tommer Wrote:  I think in general, people will respond better to reward than punishment

I doubt people will respond better to rewards than "punishments". We should keep as it is. In summary, don't change a winning team