[TC] Gaming Forums
FXO Sport AWD - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: FXO Sport AWD (/showthread.php?tid=35016)

FXO Sport AWD - A n a n s i - 2022-08-27 22:10

So... some people simply cannot stop crying about such things.

I've been told multiple times that my mod can be too fast for... well pretty much any car driven on TC - even comparable to the ridiculously OP Panther 911 Turbo. My mod is mostly used in the cruise servers anyways, so I wanted to know the feedback of the TC community.

I am willing to make it slightly slower, reducing power to around 390 bhp, torque also coming down, but I don't exactly have a torque target for this, also making tires skinner by 10mm all round (fronts 255mm -> 245mm // rears 285 -> 275mm). Maybe brake disc sizes lowered too? Weight could be slightly lower, no more than 20kg maybe?

If the changes were to be applied, the specs would be:
313 kW (420 bhp) @ 6807 rpm -> 293 kW (393 bhp) @ 6773 rpm.
557 Nm (411 lb-ft) @ 3649 rpm -> 524 Nm (387 lb-ft) @ 3650 rpm.
Front tire size: 255/35R18 -> 245/35R18.
Rear tire size: 285/30R18 -> 275/30R18.
Weight: 1306 kg (2886 lbs) -> 1288 kg/1297 kg (2840 lbs/2860 lbs).

Also if you have any feedback outside of this "nerf", feel free to leave your opinions below.

Note: will also be posting this in the LFS page for the mod. link: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/A4D807

EDIT: I do know about the front tires heating quicker than the rears - that's due to the engine creating excessive weight... although the weight distribution is pretty close to 50/50. I did apply an update regarding said issue today.

RE: FXO Sport AWD - M6nsh - 2022-08-27 22:19

here's my suggestion, Copypaste the fz5 engine into your mod and make it lighter than the fz5 + a bit higher torque

There is no doubt that the fz5 is the most playable car in the tc server, it has a good balance for tbo guys they have a chance to escape

RE: FXO Sport AWD - A n a n s i - 2022-08-27 22:29

(2022-08-27 22:19)M6 Wrote:  here's my suggestion, Copypaste the fz5 engine into your mod and make it lighter than the fz5 + a bit higher torque

There is no doubt that the fz5 is the most playable car in the tc server, it has a good balance for tbo guys they have a chance to escape

Sorry... that's a fat no LMAO

RE: FXO Sport AWD - Vilix - 2022-08-27 22:30

I think the best approach is to make the car rival to the FZ5 (or maybe a little stronger just by a hair). Reduce the power a bit and lower the weight if possible. As AWD it should be stronger and more nimble in corners but possibly weaker in high speed areas and more easy to overheat tyres. Essentially in my vision it shouldn’t be another abusable mod for nubs to drive. Plus it still makes for a great TOW/MED car and with little less power could cost less as well.

RE: FXO Sport AWD - A n a n s i - 2022-08-27 22:50

(2022-08-27 22:30)Vilix Wrote:  I think the best approach is to make the car rival to the FZ5 (or maybe a little stronger just by a hair). Reduce the power a bit and lower the weight if possible. As AWD it should be stronger and more nimble in corners but possibly weaker in high speed areas and more easy to overheat tyres. Essentially in my vision it shouldn’t be another abusable mod for nubs to drive. Plus it still makes for a great TOW/MED car and with little less power could cost less as well.

Less than the 393 bhp suggested?
Less than the 1288kg suggested?

RE: FXO Sport AWD - January - 2022-08-27 23:59

What Vilix said.

RE: FXO Sport AWD - KiiT1337 - 2022-08-28 01:35

+1 to vilix, except that 400hp+ range is a good one, and stay at the same weight, so it doesnt happen to be a reaallyy faster car compared to tbo or fz5

RE: FXO Sport AWD - A n a n s i - 2022-08-28 11:41

To those that voted the first option, do you agree with the changes that I suggested? Or not - if so you should have voted the 3rd option, just sayin'.

RE: FXO Sport AWD - Baboulinet4 - 2022-08-29 14:36

"Copypaste the fz5 engine"

It's time to stop revolving around the FZ5, mods are here for that + I just hate the FZ5 sound, we finally have alternatives to the FZ5, so at least, keep FZ5 parts out of it.

I did play quite some time with the FXO AWD (and the FZ5 T too) with restriction to FZ5 hp/ton ratio (265hp/ton dry) to test if equal numbers would be good, maybe it was me, but I think it was a little bit slower (keep in mind i'm mainly playing with the cop set of the car VS fine-tuned-by-10-years-of-playing FZ5 setups)

I'd say, to get close to a good match, keep the current tires,

Power change : from 420 hp to 375 hp
Weight change : from 1309 kg to 1370kg

So we're at 278hp/ton, while the FZ5 is at 265. If needed, get closer to 265hp/ton dry.

(Problem is that the price will need to be lowered as the car isn't worth 55k anymore IMO)

But it's to propose a nerf, IMO, don't touch the car at all. I've been waiting for 400-450hp street cars in LFS for years, so I like these cars (like the FZ5 T, FZ50 GT, FZ30 and 40, ROSSI when it was here, Purosangue, FXO AWD and I'd like to see a Ferrari 355 / 360) and to be honest i would like more 300-320hp/ton cars on the server.

RE: FXO Sport AWD - A n a n s i - 2022-08-29 19:42

(2022-08-29 14:36)Baboulinet4 Wrote:  "Copypaste the fz5 engine"

It's time to stop revolving around the FZ5, mods are here for that + I just hate the FZ5 sound, we finally have alternatives to the FZ5, so at least, keep FZ5 parts out of it.

I did play quite some time with the FXO AWD (and the FZ5 T too) with restriction to FZ5 hp/ton ratio (265hp/ton dry) to test if equal numbers would be good, maybe it was me, but I think it was a little bit slower (keep in mind i'm mainly playing with the cop set of the car VS fine-tuned-by-10-years-of-playing FZ5 setups)

I'd say, to get close to a good match, keep the current tires,

Weight change : from 1309 kg to 1370kg

So we're at 278hp/ton, while the FZ5 is at 265. If needed, get closer to 265hp/ton dry.

(Problem is that the price will need to be lowered as the car isn't worth 55k anymore IMO)

But it's to propose a nerf, IMO, don't touch the car at all. I've been waiting for 400-450hp street cars in LFS for years, so I like these cars (like the FZ5 T, FZ50 GT, FZ30 and 40, ROSSI when it was here, Purosangue, FXO AWD and I'd like to see a Ferrari 355 / 360) and to be honest i would like more 300-320hp/ton cars on the server.

"It's time to stop revolving around the FZ5, mods are here for that + I just hate the FZ5 sound, we finally have alternatives to the FZ5, so at least, keep FZ5 parts out of it."
Couldn't agree more. I made the mod to be faster than TBO, originally it had around 370 bhp, but very low torque; hell, the clutch would get very hot very quickly. Then I increased torque (and made it peak at lower rpms, originally it peaked at around 4500 rpm, made it peak closer to the 3000 rpm mark) to combat said issue (thanks to Jardim for the suggestion hhhh), but as I increased torque, power did increase too. But then as the mod got older, it got faster. I never wanted to make it like GTR fast, that would be simply ridiculous.

"I'd say, to get close to a good match, keep the current tires,

Weight change : from 1309 kg to 1370kg"

That could be a suggestion, but that would defeat the purpose of those who are requesting a nerf, and I will happily nerf it if the vast majority of people want it. I was expecting this to happen already... too bad that some people can't really think of anything else than to, simply put, beg me to nerf the mod. What else can I do, really?

RE: FXO Sport AWD - Matt - 2022-09-01 10:32

You can literally cop in an FXR with more aero and a better power:weight ratio.

Keep it as is, it's capable enough but the loss of the aero it (The Sport AWD) originally had made it a little unstable for high speed cornering and somewhat prone to snap oversteer along with being relatively hopeless for PITs.

Keep it as is, it's a good challenge and is just about fast enough.

RE: FXO Sport AWD - Felipe Jardim - 2022-09-02 15:57

380hp/380tq 1300 kg is fair. honestly its fine the way it is. It's your mod and people like to complain because its not what THEY want.

The FZ5 engine idea is the worst idea, gutless torqueless engine powering a AWD would destroy the mod's feel. this thing thrives with the mid range torque it has.

Another thing worth mentioning, HP/TON is a good measurement of overall performance, however not every car is going to move the same just because it has the same P/W ratio. There are many variables that determines overall "speed" of a car, such as Aero, drag, power curve (which evidently a lot of modders have no idea about) Take the LX4 and the XRT for example. They lap similar times, but one is 205hp/ton while the other is 286/hp ton. Not to mention, AWD cars lose acceleration at a higher rate than 2WD cars. I used the FZ5 as a benchmark for my GTV-32D mod and in order to make them "equal", i had to make my car have 269hp/ton to lap similar times (by the AI) with 380hp/340tq and 1400kg.

RE: FXO Sport AWD - A n a n s i - 2022-09-06 08:20

Poll results show themselves... gonna keep the current specs.
Can't wait for another thread requesting the same thing...

Outside of this possible "nerf", more mod updates will come soon, including a brand new gauge cluster.

RE: FXO Sport AWD - Ghutra - 2022-09-06 08:27

I was thinking about voting to "nerf" the car. But it isn't the car what is the problem.

As with the Suproza, LX V8, Panther 911 and similar, it all comes down to nubi cops who joins with such cars on chases with the suspect's car having half the HP at best. The only way to lose them is to trick them but not always works.

So yeah, I vote to keep the car's specs as is (or if you plan to mildly change it)

RE: FXO Sport AWD - A n a n s i - 2022-09-06 12:00

(2022-09-06 08:27)Ghutra Wrote:  I was thinking about voting to "nerf" the car. But it isn't the car what is the problem.

As with the Suproza, LX V8, Panther 911 and similar, it all comes down to nubi cops who joins with such cars on chases with the suspect's car having half the HP at best. The only way to lose them is to trick them but not always works.

So yeah, I vote to keep the car's specs as is (or if you plan to mildly change it)

Might do that in the future.

RE: FXO Sport AWD - theguy - 2022-09-06 14:17

I don't think we should put an fz engine in it, I think we could get out of that environment, and as ghutra said the problem with the car is the bad cops so to speak getting into a chase of a car that has half the horsepower, I am in favor that some slight changes could be made.