[TC] Gaming Forums
New rule suggestion regarding trucks in chases - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: New rule suggestion regarding trucks in chases (/showthread.php?tid=35074)

New rule suggestion regarding trucks in chases - Misterviin - 2022-09-08 19:14

As trucks in chases are just a wrecking ball, specially when moron like me drives it, i hereby suggest few rules. Too easy to use too much force.

14. --- Truck Rules ---
14.1. Proper Behaviour
Trucks must drive with care and attention at all times.
They are expected to behave in a professional manner. No donuts, burnouts, drifting, ramming, tailgating etc.

14.2. Road Laws
They are strongly encouraged to follow road laws. If they fail to, they may be pulled over by the police, but must not attempt to run (fail to stop).
Repeated and/or excessive violations may be punished by admins.

RE: New rule suggestion regarding trucks in chases - BP - 2022-09-08 19:23

Yep, coming soon

RE: New rule suggestion regarding trucks in chases - Vilix - 2022-09-08 20:13

Let me drift with my truck

RE: New rule suggestion regarding trucks in chases - M6nsh - 2022-09-08 20:14

yes +2

RE: New rule suggestion regarding trucks in chases - Josh - 2022-09-08 20:24

Without sounding rude (though I'm about to) it isn't the truck that uses too much force, it's the driver. In the chase I watched earlier, the instances of excessive force were purely down to the driver and their intentions, not the vehicle they were driving. Driving full throttle and steering into COPS is basically ramming (in any vehicle).

Although they are big vehicles I personally don't think any rules need adding, people just need to drive them sensibly when cruising. As for chases, again, they should be treated the same as any other vehicle. Use sensible force and carry on as normal. The size of the vehicle naturally brings advantages and disadvantages but I don't feel they need special reatment.

Josh.

RE: New rule suggestion regarding trucks in chases - Felipe Jardim - 2022-09-09 03:02

-1. Make TC great again.

RE: New rule suggestion regarding trucks in chases - KiiT1337 - 2022-09-09 03:38

(2022-09-08 20:24)Josh Wrote:  Without sounding rude (though I'm about to) it isn't the truck that uses too much force, it's the driver. In the chase I watched earlier, the instances of excessive force were purely down to the driver and their intentions, not the vehicle they were driving. Driving full throttle and steering into COPS is basically ramming (in any vehicle).

Although they are big vehicles I personally don't think any rules need adding, people just need to drive them sensibly when cruising. As for chases, again, they should be treated the same as any other vehicle. Use sensible force and carry on as normal. The size of the vehicle naturally brings advantages and disadvantages but I don't feel they need special reatment.

Josh.

Yes, but, to manage how people drive, theyr maner of bad driving might be punished, as we last seen few months ago also on gt4tube epiclips, flying buses on South City doing mess, and repeatedly going out of pits, and yeeting the bus on a wall of the track.(Solved a LOT of that mess with new and strict bus rules)
And changing, or in this case, adding strict rules for truck, will probably cut all that mess.

And about the driving of who's in the truck/bus, and who's the cops, it depends on lot of stuff, (in my case High Ping), but im speaking about me, i cant stop a truck with a smol FXO, thats literally impossible, specialy speaking about do that without being crushed, so, i wait for the suspect be straight and aim for the rear wheel, from the side. Sometimes they just jump, sometimes i shoot the guy away, not the same result everytime.

RE: New rule suggestion regarding trucks in chases - Baboulinet4 - 2022-09-09 09:09

(2022-09-08 20:24)Josh Wrote:  Without sounding rude (though I'm about to) it isn't the truck that uses too much force, it's the driver. In the chase I watched earlier, the instances of excessive force were purely down to the driver and their intentions, not the vehicle they were driving. Driving full throttle and steering into COPS is basically ramming (in any vehicle).

Josh.

"Use sensible force and carry on as normal."

You can't really stop or block a 8.1 ton truck with a 1.2 ton car with regular PITs.

There was a truck chase yesterday. I considered joining with the Metrobus, not the FZ5 T or even the BZG SUV.

RE: New rule suggestion regarding trucks in chases - January - 2022-09-09 09:48

I'm sticking to the bus rules because in real life we can't see buses trying to escape from the police or anything like that. Otherwise, we would see trucks trying to escape from the police, and tailgating other vehicles. Even in some countries, it is used by the undercover police. Why we would prohibit that as we are playing in a (City Driving) server?

as Josh said it's the driver. if some failed to follow basic rules then why'd we force all of the players to some more rules and make it harder to have fun?

-1 from me.

RE: New rule suggestion regarding trucks in chases - Matt - 2022-09-09 13:29

-1 for me - it's the driver as Josh said.

RE: New rule suggestion regarding trucks in chases - Batman - 2022-09-09 15:35

(2022-09-09 03:02)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  -1. Make TC great again.