[TC] Gaming Forums
New Realistic Speed Limits. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: New Realistic Speed Limits. (/showthread.php?tid=3546)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Chill . - 2012-06-23 15:00

(2012-06-23 14:58)Mikee Wrote:  They limits are way to slow, Again driving at 40mph would make you think you are standing still.

Better layouts in what way? There nothing much we can do to make it more 'city like'

You can . Use Tommer layouts and TC have more cruisers .

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Brad - 2012-06-23 15:01

(2012-06-23 14:58)Roba Wrote:  Rather good idea..

No.

Get us a realistic city for realistic speedlimits..

I sense a dig at the layouts.

I think TC are doing pretty well at creating layouts, given the objects (and maximum amount of objects) they are faced with. If more realistic objects were added to autox, such as lamposts, kerbs, street signs (highly unlikely, given this is a racing simulator), then of course that would add to the realism, and possibly the "sense of speed".

The only criticism would be that the community could be more involved in the layouts on a permanent basis.
There are some very creative people here, and maybe that could be better exploited.

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Bez - 2012-06-23 15:06

(2012-06-23 13:52)Bez Wrote:  
(2012-06-23 13:49)Mikee Wrote:  LFS doesn't really get the feeling of those speeds across and makes you think you are doing 10mph. If you get me?

Your point of crashes reducing if the speed limit is lowered, imo I don't think this would have much impact because most of the people are the server just end up speeding round like there is no tomorrow (I'm one Biggrin)

And that's why Tongue Speeding all the time will make you feel like you're doing 10mph because you've got used to the speed your going already.. Its like real driving. If you drive 80mph on the motorway for 2hours then go back to small 30mph roads you feel like you're doing 10mph..

If you constantly speed you wont feel the speed. If you drive then speed limits in the server for a hour then floor it, you will.

The speed in LFS feels just the same as real driving. If you was flooring it IRL for a few hours then went back to 30mph it'd feel like 5mph..

Ive been on a 60mph road for a hour went into the city on a 30mph felt like 10mph.. Its just how the brain works.

@ Brad

If you want to contiune to speed do so? Nothing stops you from speeding. Just makes it hard on yourself to earn money..

---------------
Also

(2012-06-23 15:01)Brad Wrote:  The only criticism would be that the community could be more involved in the layouts on a permanent basis.
There are some very creative people here, and maybe that could be better exploited.
+1

First Video.

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Chuck - 2012-06-23 15:22

(2012-06-23 12:13)Bez Wrote:  With realistic speed limits the server will have less crashes. Almost 70% of crashes are due to the speed of the car's in crashes.

And 99% of that happen cause people don't even care for the limits we already have Wink

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Bez - 2012-06-23 15:43

Second Video.

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Audiojack - 2012-06-23 16:05

I'm almost always driving to the speedlimits so I don't want them to be reduced, lol Laugh But probably even if they will be, I'll still follow them..

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - BP - 2012-06-23 16:17

Furthermore, people would lose too much cash in chases, some people might not even choose to evade, this decreases the 'cops & robbers' aspect of the server.

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Roba - 2012-06-23 16:20

(2012-06-23 16:17)BoyPower Wrote:  Furthermore, people would lose too much cash in chases, some people might not even choose to evade, this decreases the 'cops & robbers' aspect of the server.

And then people get bored for 'drive 40mph or loose all your money' and move to LTC and even WKD.

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Bez - 2012-06-23 16:49

(2012-06-23 16:17)BoyPower Wrote:  Furthermore, people would lose too much cash in chases, some people might not even choose to evade, this decreases the 'cops & robbers' aspect of the server.

The hole point of chases is to have fun. Of course you are going to loose money you do anyways...

Therefore invalid.

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Brad - 2012-06-23 16:50

Good point, never really thought of chases

(2012-06-23 16:49)Bez Wrote:  

The hole point of chases is to have fun. Of course you are going to loose money you do anyways...

Therefore invalid.

I disagree. There will become a point where people do not run from the police because they haven't enough money to do so...

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Bez - 2012-06-23 16:59

Lots of people don't run already? Point?

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Audiojack - 2012-06-23 17:26

That would need a lot of tweaking to the whole "speeding makes you lose money" system. If it was with the current curve, you would lose a lot more money than you would with the current speed limits. Laugh

And this is still the Traffic Cops-server so I guess cops and robbers should be the main concern (even though I don't usually go that way myself)

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Johan. - 2012-06-23 17:30

With the current rate of losing money above the speedlimit, its already frustrating in a chase. It depends on the track. With montana in a XRT, you'll be losing atleast 1000€ in a long chase, that excludes the final fine you get. But on Blackwood, its all another story, there you can make money with speeding in a XRT.

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Brad - 2012-06-23 17:35

(2012-06-23 16:59)Bez Wrote:  Lots of people don't run already? Point?

Erm, the point being that less people will run???

I thought that was pretty obvious....

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Bez - 2012-06-23 17:49

I just lost 5k in a FZR with cops chasing me and WON? Do I care no. I had fun and that 5k was worth every second!!!

If you are that bothered about the money DO NOT SPEED 3 simple words. If you don't speed you wont loose money now stop whining cause its pissing me off.

ENDED.

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Aus - 2012-06-23 17:53

(2012-06-23 15:43)Bez Wrote:  Second Video.

Can I have your bloom settings? They look nice. Thumbup1

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Bez - 2012-06-23 18:01

(2012-06-23 17:53)Aus Wrote:  Can I have your bloom settings? They look nice. Thumbup1

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5xsp41y15q31/n/enbseries.ini

You're welcome Biggrin

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Aus - 2012-06-23 18:17

Thanks. Tongue Biggrin

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - Brad - 2012-06-23 18:18

(2012-06-23 17:49)Bez Wrote:  I just lost 5k in a FZR with cops chasing me and WON? Do I care no. I had fun and that 5k was worth every second!!!

If you are that bothered about the money DO NOT SPEED 3 simple words. If you don't speed you wont loose money now stop whining cause its pissing me off.

ENDED.

It's your suggestion, we are putting our opinions forward on why it maybe isn't the best idea - if you can't take constructive criticism, don't post in a suggestion thread.

Still a -1 for me, because I think it will discourage people from running from chases, and take a part of the fun away due to the increased losses from driving quickly.

RE: New Realistic Speed Limits. - BP - 2012-06-23 18:45

Bez, why are you being so obnoxious.. it doesn't really help your suggestion. Tongue