[TC] Gaming Forums
Rockingham layout changes - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Rockingham layout changes (/showthread.php?tid=35627)

Rockingham layout changes - Misterviin - 2023-01-02 20:41

Hello there

I came up with some changes to Rockingham layout. Please give your opinion on these changes in poll. Pictures and full description of changes below.

First, right now all the spawn positions are all over the map in random weird places. Sometimes it causes crashes when people spawn in front of another car going full speed. Why not use pitlane for car spawns? Reason I placed those barriers there is to stop cars going full-speed into pitlane and crashing.

Also the pit-stop at autobahn and slow lane has been changed a little. Exit from pit stop has been made more visually nice. Bus lane merges better with normal lane and those ugly orange barriers have been replaced with nice red and white ones.

New:
Old:

Those bent barriers at gas station have been made straight.

New:
Old:

Layout download (click here)

RE: Rockingham layout changes - Marty_Deslions - 2023-01-03 09:11

They are all very small changes. Imo they don't improve it that much, just a little bit maybe.

However I like the idea of having a more "safe" spawn. Now when you spawn, somone can easily crash into you. Has happened to me before, ngl.

If BP/Chuck doesn't wanna change the location of the spawn, maybe placing some barriers around the individual spawn places will do the trick.

+1

RE: Rockingham layout changes - Marty_Deslions - 2023-01-04 06:03

I've written it on dc, now I will do it here.

Considering the small race track, I would be nice if there was a race spawn near it.

RE: Rockingham layout changes - Misterviin - 2023-01-05 17:31

I made some more changes to this layout

You can now turn left from this place:

Fixed all the gaps between barriers
Updated layout download here

RE: Rockingham layout changes - BP - 2023-01-05 19:10

Appreciate the effort you've put into this!

Generally, we won't load a layout that a regular player has uploaded on the forum. This is for a few reasons, but mainly because that person may not be working from the latest version of our layout. As an example, the layout has had multiple edits earlier today.

If you see me in-game, feel free to direct me to a part which needs editing and I'll look at doing it there and then. Smile

EDIT: I have made some barriers a bit straighter. Let me know how I've done.