[TC] Gaming Forums
Strobe/siren rule change for RES/MED/(COP?) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Strobe/siren rule change for RES/MED/(COP?) (/showthread.php?tid=35651)

Strobe/siren rule change for RES/MED/(COP?) - Marty_Deslions - 2023-01-09 11:40

So with the current rules, as a MED or RES, you must use flashing lights when responding to an SOS call. You may use a siren. (https://world.city-driving.co.uk/?page=manual&man=med_guide)

This does make sense when you respond to emegency situations like "danger on the road" or "tow (with danger)". However it doesn't really make sense when you respond to a tow call without danger. Think about it, if a car has broken down but is parked safely on the side of the road, and there is no danger, it doesn't make sense to rush there using blues and twos, right? Just a normal ride to the person in need would suffice.

So my suggestion is to change the manual/rules so that MED, RES and (maybe?) COP are NOT allowed to use strobes and sirens anymore when responding to a SOS call that DOESN'T contain any danger.

[Image: 63bbfcfd0c91e-sos.png]

RE: Strobe/siren rule change for RES/MED/(COP?) - Ras - 2023-01-09 12:07

Honestly, i’ve thought about this before and i wouldn’t be against making this small change.

RE: Strobe/siren rule change for RES/MED/(COP?) - BP - 2023-01-09 13:39

It's a no from me. I quite like it how it is.

Also:
- It provides a bit of fun for the emergency responder
- Situations can change quickly. A seemingly safe tow situation may turn "dangerous" at any moment, when regular players try to help
- The caller may have used the incorrect SOS call type
- In my opinion, it adds a bit of unnecessary complication
- It would currently be difficult for admins to check what kind of call the responder is driving to