[TC] Gaming Forums
[Rejected] Taxi prank calls. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [Rejected] Taxi prank calls. (/showthread.php?tid=35817)

Taxi prank calls. - VinToR - 2023-02-06 04:32

Hello

so i recently became a taxi driver
and sometimes it's really upset me when i take an order
and the customer is +1500-2000 meter away
and when i arrive it's just a prank call & i receive nothing as a compensation

but if i had a customer and canceled the order then i have to pay 25-50 euros?
i believe that this is unfair and kills the joy sometimes, as i think there's a lot of people who might understand the whole situation and agree with me.

We're not asking for a lot, just make the taxi job a bit fair.

RE: Taxi prank calls. - BP - 2023-02-06 07:26

Agreed

RE: Taxi prank calls. - Chuck - 2023-02-06 11:38

I fail to see what you're actually asking for.

RE: Taxi prank calls. - VinToR - 2023-02-06 11:47

(2023-02-06 11:38)Chuck Wrote:  I fail to see what you're actually asking for.

what i'm asking for is:
if i got a prank call i got paid for the distance i have droved
or if i canceled the ride before i don't pay a cancellation fee/fine.

RE: Taxi prank calls. - VinToR - 2023-02-08 18:10

(2023-02-06 11:38)Chuck Wrote:  I fail to see what you're actually asking for.

can you see if there's anything you can do?

RE: Taxi prank calls. - Chuck - 2023-02-09 06:09

Well, both things have a good reason.

First off, prank calls do exist in real world and you naturally won't earn anything.

The cancellation fee is like a system protection to prevent abuse, like cherry-picking customers and aborting the job if it seems to inconvenient. You should think before taking a job.

RE: Taxi prank calls. - BP - 2023-02-09 10:42

(2023-02-09 06:09)Chuck Wrote:  First off, prank calls do exist in real world and you naturally won't earn anything.

AFAIK, generally if someone books or calls for a taxi, they would typically need to make payment before the driver shows up. Therefore, I believe this generally isn't something that happens in the real world, at least from my experience.

As far as I see, "prank calls" - which seem to be quite frequent (unless you've changed the frequency recently) - add no positive element to the gameplay.

To balance things out, maybe you could make it so winches break half way through a recovery, or there's no one to collect your cargo delivery so you have to wait there until someone comes. (This is a joke, I'm glad these inconveniences aren't coded into the InSim).

RE: Taxi prank calls. - Yukine - 2023-02-09 11:13

(2023-02-09 06:09)Chuck Wrote:  First off, prank calls do exist in real world and you naturally won't earn anything.
We're not in the 90s anymore. Wink

I wouldn't mind that feature to be gone or at least to see a drop in the prank call probability.

RE: Taxi prank calls. - Chuck - 2023-02-09 11:15

(2023-02-09 10:42)BP Wrote:  AFAIK, generally if someone books or calls for a taxi, they would typically need to make payment before the driver shows up. Therefore, I believe this generally isn't something that happens in the real world, at least from my experience.

Whaaat? You ring a number and ask for a taxi to come. This isn't Uber.
Try it out yourself http://bridgendtaxis.com/

The prank rate is 5%. So 1 in 20 trips is a prank call (statistically). Nothing to make a big fuss about tbh.

RE: Taxi prank calls. - Yasen - 2023-02-12 10:42

(2023-02-09 11:15)Chuck Wrote:  The prank rate is 5%. So 1 in 20 trips is a prank call (statistically). Nothing to make a big fuss about tbh.

I personally love bus and taxi jobs. That prank calls isn't a problem for me.
Actually you have been payed for that prank call. The distance you drive, if your car is restricted and it gives you +3+4 euro per 5sec.

I think it's better that way. I don't see anything annoying.