[TC] Gaming Forums
[Implemented] Show available tows in !SOS menu - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [Implemented] Show available tows in !SOS menu (/showthread.php?tid=35827)

Show available tows in !SOS menu - Ghutra - 2023-02-08 23:54

While in the middle of a boring offroad chase, I came across this idea which is to display that a tow (or more) is/are available when clicking on the !SOS button. My theory is that ppl could check if they are online just so they don't waste time calling for tow only to realize there is none. They could check connection list? Yeah, they can. But imo it could be quicker to see.

Ideally it could be placed below the "Emergency service, how can we help you?" text

[attachment=1901]
(replace N with the number of tows available/online)

RE: Show available tows in !SOS menu - Speed Demon - 2023-02-09 12:22

I think it should also show people who have a MED, RES, TOW license but are not on duty and have not received the tag, so that they can ask for help from that person who needs help. (Anyone should be able to add and remove their own name from the preferences)

Your time is wasted when you are constantly on duty and do not receive a call.

RE: Show available tows in !SOS menu - Carl - 2023-02-09 13:11

It’s a good suggestion.. it could also include information when someone is driving around in a car which has a winch or ramp maybe.

No harm in a little extra info for the job roles imo.

RE: Show available tows in !SOS menu - Ras - 2023-02-09 16:51

Its an interesting idea which could actually be useful.

RE: Show available tows in !SOS menu - bayanofmansorofisky - 2023-02-10 19:16

Interested in this idea..
And yes as speed said.. It could have an (off/on duty) indication for currently connected players.
I have hard times looking for a regular person (or sometimes to spec a tow responding) through connection list when server is full.. So that's definitely a helper

RE: Show available tows in !SOS menu - tzuRu - 2023-02-12 17:20

I am surprised nobody suggested this before, including me but its a great idea being suggested here as some dont really check for any MED/RES/TOW in the name list and just go and call immediatly

RE: Show available tows in !SOS menu - RevLeon - 2023-02-13 03:14

Here's an idea from my own app which doesn't take up much space at all and fits into the existing HUD pretty well imo
[Image: ospefP3.png]

RE: Show available tows in !SOS menu - KiiT1337 - 2023-02-13 03:44

Btw, that is a really good suggestion, i'd point something, that only pop up the unit in quiestion, like this:

There are 3 tows, 0 cop, and 0 res.
Civilians doesnt hide, but the tow, cop and med only goes to the hud when there's at least 1 of each.
So it shows only 3 Tows, and cop/med stay hidden, until at least 1 person of that cargo goes on duty.

RE: Show available tows in !SOS menu - RevLeon - 2023-02-13 05:12

(2023-02-13 03:44)KiiT1337 Wrote:  Btw, that is a really good suggestion, i'd point something, that only pop up the unit in quiestion, like this:

There are 3 tows, 0 cop, and 0 res.
Civilians doesnt hide, but the tow, cop and med only goes to the hud when there's at least 1 of each.
So it shows only 3 Tows, and cop/med stay hidden, until at least 1 person of that cargo goes on duty.

That's a good idea to reduce clutter on the HUD and it's a simple thing to do, good suggestion.

RE: Show available tows in !SOS menu - Chuck - 2023-02-13 06:12

Well, I won't add so many new numbers to the main display for the sake of cluttering, but there's no harm in the SOS screen.

Show available tows in !SOS menu - Chuck - 2023-02-13 06:12

Suggestion approved.
Your suggestion is likely to be implemented soon. When this happens, the changelog will be updated.

RE: Show available tows in !SOS menu - Chuck - 2023-03-18 07:27

implemented as of version 5.87

RE: Show available tows in !SOS menu - Speed Demon - 2023-04-02 17:47

Is our recommendation included in the server? If it is, it does not appear in the change notes.

RE: Show available tows in !SOS menu - Chuck - 2023-04-03 12:08

(2023-04-02 17:47)Speed Demon Wrote:  Is our recommendation included in the server? If it is, it does not appear in the change notes.

I forgot to publish the changelog. Ive added it here now:

https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1370&pid=299648#pid299648