[TC] Gaming Forums
Rockingham layout suggestion - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Rockingham layout suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=36179)

Rockingham layout suggestion - Marty_Deslions - 2023-04-28 11:54

So with the current layout, when driving on the inner ring, when you approach the RB, you must take the exit. The part for going straight is closed, which seems abit odd imo.

[Image: 644bb1401e5ae-rockingTCold2.png]

Also, when you come to the roundabout, you may notice that the RB isnt round at all.

[Image: 644bb0dc781dc-rockingTCold1.png]

So, I went into the layout editor thing, and did some editing. Here is the result:

[Image: 644bb157c0233-rockingALT1.png]
^The roundabout is now a circle.

[Image: 644bb16096a17-rockingALT2.png]
^Players can now choose to take the exit, which will lead to the infield, avoiding the RB. If you wish to enter the RB, you can go straight here

[Image: 644bb16e52d4a-rockingALT3.png]

And here is another suggestion. Currently when you enter the outer ring, you have no exits other than coming at the same RB where you entered the outer ring. For farming etc this can be handy, but from a city planning perspective this doesn't make sense. A bridge could be made to connect the outer ring to the gasstation/infield part.

[Image: 644bb17da6f06-rockingBridgemaybe.png]

Alternatively, maybe some armco can be replaced with railings, for emergency/chase purposes.

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - Josh - 2023-04-28 22:03

There was a brief discussion on our Discord about changing the roundabout to reduce the speed that people can fly through the roundabout at. I'm quite open to the idea of making the use of the roundabout slower to force people to slow down - as we do with Kyoto - to put a break in the high speed driving on the oval.

I really like your idea for the roundabout entry from the AB towards Pitlane. Also the dedicated lane to turn left to the Infield. I think it makes great use of the dead space in the middle.

I think the entrance from the Pitlane to AB direction could be shifted more towards the middle as well to slow people down for the roundabout.

I also really like the idea of adding a bridge (similar to Kyoto) to allow people to get off the AB if you're travelling anti-clockwise. It can be annoying if you are travelling that way and need to get to the opposite directions as after you've left the roundabout the next point to turn around is when you reach the roundabout again.

+1 and +1.

Josh.

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - Felipe Jardim - 2023-04-28 22:19

+1 for circle and exit.

Bridge would be cool, but can also be a nightmare.

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - RevLeon - 2023-04-29 01:38

+1 for rb and exit but imo bridge is not necessary as it's a smaller map than kyoto and doesn't take as long to get back around to rb, the road is also not as wide as kyoto if I'm not mistaken so it might cause more issues than solve

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - BP - 2023-04-29 06:33

I like the roundabout

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - Dizzle - 2023-04-30 12:56

I like the round about also. Could test the addition of a bridge.

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - KiiT1337 - 2023-05-01 14:55

(2023-04-30 12:56)Dizzle Wrote:  I like the round about also. Could test the addition of a bridge.

Its cool, and about a bridge it should be pretty large and smooth to dont destroy the idea of a proper bridge, should be a long one.

There's quite one sharp bridge on WE now, that buses get stuck if try to drive trough, thats an example on how not to build a bridge..

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - Adam - 2023-05-28 15:50

Bumping this a little bit. I don't mind the roundabout being funny shaped, but I think it would be a good idea to slow people down a bit more. The last time Rockingham was on the server I got crashed into countless times by people who simply weren't slowing for the roundabout.

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - Marty_Deslions - 2023-06-19 13:32

[Image: 649058b21e381-corby_rb.png]

Maybe this "roundabout" can be fixed as well?

Yes bumping thread, but for a good reason.

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - A n a n s i - 2023-06-19 13:43

(2023-06-19 13:32)Marty_Deslions Wrote:  [Image: 649058b21e381-corby_rb.png]

What kind of fix? In my opinion it's just fine.

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - Vitorpro99 - 2023-06-19 20:21

+1 and this model is bigger and don't will make a massive traffic get stopped in one small sector

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - KiiT1337 - 2023-06-20 21:36

(2023-06-19 13:43)A n a n s i Wrote:  [quote='Marty_Deslions' pid='301011' dateline='1687181550']
[Image: 649058b21e381-corby_rb.png]

I think that the shape of it is actually good, but the size of it its way too big, if u came from one side to the other on the infield, you basically have to full stop in order to dont hit the roundabout, or go WW.

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - TAZxx - 2023-06-21 18:04

+1, that is all.

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - Felipe Jardim - 2023-06-22 21:57

Not to hijack thread, because this is also on the subject regarding the layout and i felt like another thread would be pointless.

There needs to be auto spec for ww zones added on the AB, it's very frustrating as COP when a suspect goes ww and nothing happens, and as COP we adhere to the rules and just watch them go, ignoring all the warnings we give them.

Also the entire pit box (the building itself) should be closed off entirely or at least on the backside like the ones in South city for example, easy exploit area in chase.

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - KiiT1337 - 2023-06-29 03:38

(2023-06-22 21:57)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  Not to hijack thread, because this is also on the subject regarding the layout and i felt like another thread would be pointless.

There needs to be auto spec for ww zones added on the AB, it's very frustrating as COP when a suspect goes ww and nothing happens, and as COP we adhere to the rules and just watch them go, ignoring all the warnings we give them.

Also the entire pit box (the building itself) should be closed off entirely or at least on the backside like the ones in South city for example, easy exploit area in chase.

That should be a thing at any track with oval... Like a layout Pattern from TC.

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - Marty_Deslions - 2023-10-06 13:50

-bump-

RE: Rockingham layout suggestion - Chuck - 2023-10-07 13:31

Oh shit, is it Groundhog Day again?

Anyhow, I've refined the RB a little. Makes it more interesting I think.

But that bridge idea is simply not feasible:
[Image: JWRqs0V.jpg]

As you can see, a 4m high bridge would bring up the traffic into the safety fences and it needs to be massive to allow buses n trucks go over it.
Furthermore, the track is somewhat inclined, so that the inner side is like 2m lower than the outer side.