[TC] Gaming Forums
Road signs placement by TOW/RES/MED - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Road signs placement by TOW/RES/MED (/showthread.php?tid=36407)

Road signs placement by TOW/RES/MED - bayanofmansorofisky - 2023-06-30 13:34

This suggests the ability for tow, res and med units to be able to place a temporary roadsigns while on scene or when theres a detour because road is not accessible.
Some examples of road signs :
- Turn Left/Right arrows
- Speed Bump
-Barriers (either wheels stack or iron guardrail)
-Yellow road marking

Operator can choose angle and distance for placement.
Placed item can be placed and removed from a menu that appears by a command like !roaditem just like bridge and ramp menue.
Can include a command to remove all !removeall

Placed items cannot use power (it's like real life tow operator hopping outside and picking up a sign)

Placed item can be away for 50 meters from the car that placed it before auto removal, this helps when a situation blocked a road at a blind bend where a HAZARD sign wont be seen, and a CAUTION sign wouldn't be helpful at determining wich lane is closed... Best example is the Tunnle bend at westhill, where when someone was flipped and blocked whole lane, ppl kept coming and piling up on top of each other.. They could've taken the opposite lane after a traffic light or a detour sign ia placed on both directions.

RE: Road signs placement by TOW/RES/MED - Marty_Deslions - 2023-06-30 18:55

Yes/no

Turn left/right arrow signs yes, speedbumps maybe, solid barier no, chalk no.

RE: Road signs placement by TOW/RES/MED - Felipe Jardim - 2023-06-30 19:52

Yes for soft objects, no for solids as some players will purposely use them with malicious or messing intents in the wrong places.

RE: Road signs placement by TOW/RES/MED - Ras - 2023-07-01 07:52

I'm not totally against this idea of handing out objects to other roles than HWA, but I would amend it to the following:

MED - Will only carry a few cones. Ambulances don't really carry road objects irl, except for maybe rapid response cars and doctor cars (car size ambulances) that might have a few in the back, for when they pull up on a scene.

RES - Will carry cones, traffic lights (flashing amber or red light) and keep left/right sign. Irl firetrucks often carry some kind of flashing lights they can place on the road, as well as some cones and signs.

TOW - Will carry cones and maybe a flashing amber light. Recovery units usually just throw a lot of cones around the work area irl.

COP - Will carry cones and keep left/right signs. Patrol vehicles, especially traffic cars, usually carry a few road objects in the back.

If more objects are needed on scene, like solid ones or chalk lines, call HWA!

RE: Road signs placement by TOW/RES/MED - A n a n s i - 2023-07-01 08:27

I agree with Ras.

RE: Road signs placement by TOW/RES/MED - Chuck - 2023-07-01 10:43

I don't see much point in it tbh. In real world yes, but not within the game.
If there's an incident, people should focus on helping, rather than driving criss-cross over the whole road for minutes, desperately trying to place objects and creating a much bigger danger than the actual incident is. Caution and hazard signs do the rest.