[TC] Gaming Forums
Biker Suit Item - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Biker Suit Item (/showthread.php?tid=36420)

Biker Suit Item - hsTurbo - 2023-07-02 14:37

New item called "Biker suit" that can be attached only to bikes.
With this Biker suit you can !standup instantly
I don't know about price. Max 5k.

RE: Biker Suit Item - Felipe Jardim - 2023-07-02 22:58

I like the idea, but instantly is too fast, maybe 1/2 time than normal

RE: Biker Suit Item - KiiT1337 - 2023-07-02 23:12

(2023-07-02 14:37)hsTurbo Wrote:  New item called "Biker suit" that can be attached only to bikes.

Intresting, and what if the biker that is wearing the appropriate suit has less negative income while riding faster?

RE: Biker Suit Item - hsTurbo - 2023-07-03 08:08

(2023-07-02 23:12)KiiT1337 Wrote:  
(2023-07-02 14:37)hsTurbo Wrote:  New item called "Biker suit" that can be attached only to bikes.

Intresting, and what if the biker that is wearing the appropriate suit has less negative income while riding faster?
what are you even saying

RE: Biker Suit Item - BP - 2023-07-03 08:41

(2023-07-03 08:08)hsTurbo Wrote:  
(2023-07-02 23:12)KiiT1337 Wrote:  

what are you even saying

His post is fairly unambiguous if you take a second to read it.

Additional to your idea, he is suggesting that this suit would also result in less money loss when speeding.

Personally I don't like either idea, I'd like to see reduced get-up times without the need for property / equipment. Alternatively, amend it so !flip'ing a rider actually helps the bike get up faster. At the moment, it is possible to "help" (via !flip) a rider who is getting up, but they don't get up any faster.

RE: Biker Suit Item - Felipe Jardim - 2023-07-03 14:51

(2023-07-03 08:41)BP Wrote:  Personally I don't like either idea, I'd like to see reduced get-up times without the need for property / equipment. Alternatively, amend it so !flip'ing a rider actually helps the bike get up faster. At the moment, it is possible to "help" (via !flip) a rider who is getting up, but they don't get up any faster.

The way i saw it, it seemed like a "perk" similar to call of duty games (like a perk to reload a weapon faster, etc) but these things need to work in harmony and overall balance with the rest of the Insim, not to give others and unfair advantage.

RE: Biker Suit Item - Dodo - 2023-07-03 19:24

IMO, !getup timer should be universally faster for everyone. Driving a bike is already pain in itself. When you add up the driving style of majority of players, on occasion i see myself staring more at the timer than riding. Could be skill issue but it takes too long.

EDIT: meant faster

RE: Biker Suit Item - badmantru - 2023-07-13 19:39

let me just say, !flip does absolutely not make !getup faster. I've tested it several times and in any of those tests was the time shorter.

RE: Biker Suit Item - BP - 2023-07-13 19:56

(2023-07-13 19:39)badmantru Wrote:  let me just say, !flip does absolutely not make !getup faster. I've tested it several times and in any of those tests was the time shorter.

That is correct. I don't think anyone here has said otherwise.

RE: Biker Suit Item - badmantru - 2023-07-13 20:44

(2023-07-13 19:56)BP Wrote:  
(2023-07-13 19:39)badmantru Wrote:  let me just say, !flip does absolutely not make !getup faster. I've tested it several times and in any of those tests was the time shorter.

That is correct. I don't think anyone here has said otherwise.

so what's the point of !flip?

RE: Biker Suit Item - SIMOX - 2023-07-13 22:52

!flip is to help unflip someone that needs helpers to flip it (when vehicle is above 200kg, doesnt count for bikes though).

Personally i don't think that the timer is too long, maybe cuz i don't fall that often. Guess it could be shorter with some sort of consumable that would lose condition for every use.

RE: Biker Suit Item - Ras - 2023-07-14 08:07

Realism wise the idea does make sense. If you wear protective biker gear, you get hurt less when falling over and thus able to stand up quicker.

Decent idea. The item should lose condition when used, to simulate wear and tear.

RE: Biker Suit Item - Felipe Jardim - 2023-07-14 21:51

Another aspect i didn't consider until i got in a bike chase with another bike. Cops get a quicker getup in chase, having this equipped would even out that playing field, however the cop getup should stay the same, even with the suit equipped.

Would this be applied to the player regardless of vehicle or would it be an installed item on the vehicle itself?

RE: Biker Suit Item - Misterviin - 2023-07-16 16:15

No, just no

RE: Biker Suit Item - KiiT1337 - 2023-07-21 18:47

(2023-07-14 08:07)Ras Wrote:  Realism wise the idea does make sense. If you wear protective biker gear, you get hurt less when falling over and thus able to stand up quicker.

Decent idea. The item should lose condition when used, to simulate wear and tear.

intresting, but the thing i suggested about a vest for riding bikes is exactly to deal with the money loss, and its a good thing for it to wear and tear after some kilometers that BP suggested.